: I'm almost tempted to take exhaust top with me when I play her up there. Anyone with a slow,snare stun or range+movement can just kite you for days. Lets be real thats over 50% of the champs that will just kite you for days. You can be flayed or knocked up and all sorts of CC to you while they make an easy escape. I know they want us to utilize flanks but how can you flank properly when our tunnel is so easily destroyed. Give them a 5 hit box like pink wards or something. Give them some life so we can set these tunnels if they do want us to flank, otherwise yes give us a movement speed steroid for 2-3 seconds or some sort of slow. The way she sits now she is great at mobility but really really lacks when initiating and staying in fights. Weak defense Weak offense No real great CC Rage does close to nothing for her (resource needs to be useful imo)
I did a giant post earlier on Rek'sai and I agree that Fury really is wasted on her. The other three champions for Fury (Tryndamere, Shyvana and Renekton) have far more useful kits. Being honest it feels like Riot designed her kit mainly for a single surprise attack by flank and that wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't so hard to build up the ability to do so let alone get close enough. Admittedly the E is quite damaging (being 240% of your AD in True) capable of easily hitting well over 400 True damage with the right items but she rarely is in the position to do so. Her tunnels are easily visible and easily destroyed so in reality you would have to be very lucky to fight off a jungle camp to gain 80-100 Fury and charge through said tunnel (if it's still there) and flanking an enemy (if they're in a good position too) before her Fury depletes at a huge rate of 20% per second. What's worse is you cannot burrow for the attack since unless you're at 100% hp, you lose fury anyways for her passive thus forcing you to usually attack more than twice for the true damage bite. Her kit is fun and unique but it requires too many steps to utilize properly and truly (and I hate saying this) it feels counterintuitive to what Riot describes her as in the reveal page. Is she mobile? Yes. Is she menacing? Looks wise yes, game wise no, most junglers run her over currently. As she is currently, you have to get lucky or team-up because I cannot see her winning many solo fights period. I could probably go on with problems with Tremor Sense and the overall base strength of the champion in combat. But I'll leave that for a later date.
: [TEMP] Rek'Sai Feedback + Known Issues Temporary Post
From the games I've be able to play her (majority of it being custom since people lock her really fast) She's been quite underwhelming overall. Her early game clear is rather weak, to the point that after two jungle camps (starting at lizard) she's already at around 1/3rd hp remaining. The lack of sustain in combat makes it hard to gank early and put's her being more vulnerable than other junglers. She does much better mid game but starts falling down again late game due to lackluster scaling. As a counter jungler I actually find it hard for her to kill most of the S5 junglers early game. Many of the junglers happen to be Fighters/Bruisers ({{champion:254}} Vi, {{champion:19}} Warwick, and {{champion:62}} Wukong) and excel very well in simply trampling over her 1v1. Others such as {{champion:11}} Master Yi, {{champion:106}} Volibear or {{champion:9}} Fiddlesticks have little trouble confronting her early game. She lacks the damage and survivability majority of the game to fend them off and trades it merely for the ability to tunnel which unfortunately is extremely easy to counter/destroy and does not require more effort than stepping on it. When it comes to ganking the ability to flank is really lacking that what I think Riot intended to get with the ability to burrow. According to the Rek'sai Q&A "She has exceptional mobility and is most successful when utilizing flanking approaches towards enemies and has to rely on that rather than slowing a man and just running at them." While the tunnels to allow her to flank the current range and speed Rek'sai is at now is pretty pathetic. With her only gap closer/dash being a quick cast of 'Tunnel' (and that already is a bit slow and requires you to burrow) Rek'sai has a more difficult time catching people than Udyr does via footslogging it 90% of the time. Even with Red buff it was difficult to catch anyone who had at least 1 form of CC and/or a dash. It nearly required me to get Frozen Mallet to stick to people. Even if she does flank she lacks the CC that allows her to stick to people and/or land more attacks, leaving her unable to build Fury. In addition Rek'sai does not have the ability to sneak very well as the burrow does not grant any form of stealth (you see a purple lump with a health bar over it and usually glowing jungle buffs) and is in fact targetable like anything else. So Rek'sai can be pinned, stunned, slowed, silenced etc. before she even gets close enough to attack. Being a melee champion this is really frustrating. Now you could flank another way and come from BEHIND the enemy turret but this requires you to be built tanky limiting her already weak damage early game and Rak'sai has no great defensive or barrier-esque technique to assist her. Fury of the Xer'Sai: I currently find this passive lackluster in terms of her mobility. Using Burrow with fury will grant her a buff granting her extra fury on her next attack. Also she spends 20% of her current fury per second to heal herself. This means to maximize the benefits Rek'sai has to constantly burrow and attack in 5 second intervals between fights for the needed Fury gain. Unfortunately this passive is really in effect for ganks as Rek'sai will spend far more than 5 seconds moving to ganking position and can be nullified by a simple stun or slow stopping him from activating it in time. Queen's Wrath/Prey Seeker: Queens Wrath is a decent spell but lacks early game damage for fast clears or team fights. Mid to late game this is not so much a problem. Sadly it is not particularly useful in 1v1 encounters until mid game as it will not gain as much Fury as opposed to hitting multiple units. Prey Seeker I almost find useless. If it wasn't at least somewhat spammable and required for Tremor Sense sight I would never use it as it scales with AP and is nothing more than a revealing skill shot Burrow/Unburrow: The ability which Rek'sai is built around has no real issue other than its utility. Unburrow is her only source of CC and it's hard to pull off without getting hurt in some way or form as you are running towards them. The movement speed is nice but you need an excess of at least 40 to catch someone running. 'Tremor Sense' I like but I feel it can work against you. Although Rek'sai can sense the opponent the ability of not gaining sight is a problem. Part of it being because you can't tell, you can very likely end up diving into a suicide situation (which is very likely considering Rek'sai's current 1v1 capabilities) You only see little tremor circles when burrowed, no hp bar, not even the model. Part of the issue is unless your close enough to be punched, you do not know who you are fighting and you can't tell if that person is healthy or not. This can spell doom especially if another champion is around more than ready for a gank. In a way I think Riot makes the player work a little too hard for Rek'sai to gank WHILE burrowed. As you need to find a way to flank with relatively low ground mobility, not enough CC to stick to the enemy, weak early combat abilities and requires nearly 3 cast spells to chase/gank properly. Furious Bite/Tunnel: This is probably the most damaging skill Rek'sai has got. The finishing bite, the main reason you're building furious is for the chomp. With low cooldown this might become a bit overpowered as since it does not drain Fury on cast, Rek'sai can potentially do 250% AD true damage chomps every 8 seconds. Tunnels are very useful getting around the map and through terrain but the tunnels themselves are currently to easily broken and limit her potential greatly. In a sense you have to be winning and have majority control of the map for her tunnels to last long. Void Rush: Long story short this is in my opinion a very watered down version of {{champion:4}} Twisted Fate old Gate spell (or second half of Destiny) The passive attack speed is nice but this ultimate does nothing more than give Rek'sai a free teleport. Being honest I prefer Gate as you can gate anywhere versus you have to target a not yet found/destroyed tunnel. In addition Rek'sai still has to flank/gank the enemy unless she directly dug under the enemy team thus putting her in the same situation anyways without the ult. It isn't much of a game changer really. I've seen Rek'sai charge in before there but unless she was absolutely fed overtime, she got her arse kicked. I would like to see this skill get a more offensive orientation such as a harder knock up (like {{champion:12}} Alistar) on exit as she is going REALLY fast. In addition unless they make the tunnels harder to destroy/find, this move should be able to fire at a limited range instead to allow her at least to fight.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Sion Champion Update on the PBE!
I'll post my full thoughts later (once I stop crashing out) but is it possible to change new Sion's critical animation? As much as I like drop kicking my enemies in the groin with a giant boot it looks really stupid (as funny as it is) when going crit sion. I really miss the overhead choppa to the facebone animation and I feel that it doesn't do this new juggernaut justice when his most painful attack animation (as true as it is in real life ROFL) is a drop kick to the balls. Seriously with phantom dancer on him he looks like he's hopping on one leg the majority of the fight.
: > > Zyra {{champion:143}} : The seed placement allows for a wide variety of plays for Elise players. Lasting 30 seconds per seed and the plants grown lasting 10 seconds, allows a decent gap between casting. Elise alone currently has the sole benefit of effecting her placed seeds with her spells, creating one of two different plants and an ultimate the buffs their attack speed. Don't you mean Zyra? XD
Oops I deleted an earlier ~~Elise~~ example for her spiders (which I realized like the Voidling did very little) and was still thinking of her while putting Zyra in the same spot. My brain not working right O_o
: Central Feedback Thread for Viktor Gameplay Update
Viktor's been one of my favorites, I even went as Creator Viktor as my first cosplay in AX (Why no texture update Riot? T.T ) Looking at his update and rework I'm mostly pleased that his other skills became more viable but my favorite and arguably most used/known skill Death Ray became less... deadly. Instead it seems to have been replaced in damage by his Q: Power Siphon. After a quick playthrough I found his damage to be rather lacking from the old version. Death Ray was his key damaging/poke spell and without the old 30% burn he's forced to march up to someone to Power Siphon them as a finisher or chain. While it's great that Viktor is no longer just Death Beaming all over the place the ray was greatly weakened while the shield gained more offensive power rather than much defensive power. In short the Q is really strong in damage but the its range alongside it's shield needs to be looked at. It's name itself is "Power Siphon" but instead I feel it's more of a "Death Device" as what people go for is the extra damage proc (the shield is just icing on the top at this point) The AA Proc is powerful but I feel that because of it, Viktor's main damaging spell (due to high scaling late game with Lich Bane) has switched from his E "Death Ray" to Q "Power Siphon." Siphon power in I believe should actually "Siphon" into something instead of giving Viktor a simple "Finger of Death" attack as currently the only reason people are casting it now is simply to burst you off with the bonus attack damage. It got to a point that I didn't need Death Ray 75% of the time as Q's low CD along with it's high damage allowed me to auto lich bane everything to death. > (Lich Bane's 75% Base AD [+50% AP] in Magic Damage + Q's 250[+50% AP] in Magic Damage= 15-250[+75% AD][+100% AP] My idea is instead of just simply converting the attack into magic damage based on level (which is currently very high) is to make better use of the shield rather than it kind of just being there. > ACTIVE: Viktor blasts an enemy unit, dealing magic damage and granting a shield for 5 seconds. > > While the shield persists Viktor's basic attacks deal additional magic damage based on the shield's current strength. > > Magic Damage: 60/80/100/120/140 (+20% AP) > Shield: 50/70/90/110/130 (+20% AP) > Additional Magic Damage: 10/15/20/25/30 [+20% Current Shield Strength{10/14/18/22/26}](+20% AP) > (PS. haven't done the math as of yet so maybe the extra 20% AP with shield strength is overdoing it) > > For the Augment I have other ideas but the movement speed one remains strong as Viktor still needs to stay in range. ~~In fact you probably could just leave the same Augment there anyways.~~ > > Augment-Turbocharge#1: Viktor gains 30% Movement Speed while the shield persists. > Augment-Turbocharge#2: Viktor gains 10% Attack Speed and Movement Speed while the shield persists. W's new drag to center is neat and great for putting enemies in bad situations. Although in my opinion the range is still a little short. (Probably a peeve as I've gone support Viktor before) E's pretty much switched places with Q as said above, the Death Ray feels greatly lacking in what is used to be (although I still do love the explosions) with the additional damage being reduced down by 40% Death Ray is no longer as deadly as its name implies. It is however better for farming and harassing now. I honestly don't know how I would rework Death Ray but I want it to feel more like the DEATH Ray. (I need to play more games with it) R remains strong, honestly think this is pretty well off already.
: Azir, the Emperor of the Sands
Is it's possible to have a viewable minion "control circle" to see the full range of how far Azir can either launch his soldiers and/or command them to auto attack. Like having a giant Rengar {{champion:107}} pounce ring to help me gauge how far I can command my soldiers? I've seriously been having problems figuring that out since the ranges between all the skills and auto-attacking with the sand soldiers. I've had issues such as: 1. Walking straight into danger instead of having a soldier spear them. 2. Conquering Sands only traveling a fraction of the distance 3. Shifting Sands not activating properly, particularly when trying to E a dashing soldier (I only recently found out you have to put your mouse over the soldier to dash) 4. Sand Soldiers refusing to attack enemies when you're too far away (usually after using Q)
Rioter Comments
: Running out of room per post; dang it I need 2 more :/ Azir lacks hard CC and the usual AP burst chain, his damage comes from the W's auto attacks rather than chaining a string of spells for massive damage. This idea is fine but the way it currently is leaves Azir vulnerable so long as either he has no soldiers on the field or they are too far away to assist him. In addition currently to mitigate this weakness, his soldier's do an absurdly large amount of damage. Shurima's Legacy: Will of the Emperor is very powerful granting 2%-80% attack speed boost based on his Cooldown reduction. He could easily get 10-20% level with runes and masteries alone. This is obviously here to support his W than anything else. Disc of the Sun: To be blunt it's not really needed. In fact I like to call it "Anti Push in a Can" because that what it effectively does. Most people in their won't bother to dive under a turret that's going to blow up in 1 minute. The only ones that will are the minions. Essentially all this really does is prevent the enemy team from pushing or chasing you past a certain point. Unless you have 10 hp left, no one will try to attack Azir under it much like most people wouldn't attack a Heimerdinger with three mini turrets underneath a base turret. Azir can farm fine without it and even more so as the Sand Soldier's damage is very high. The concept of summoning a turret or a turret like emplacement or minion is both enticing and interesting but I find it very unnecessary in its current for as a passive. At this point it's just icing on the top for an already very strong passive from Will of the Emperor. Q - Conquering Sands A very strong spell, might be a bit too strong if both soldiers (or more) strike with the same amount of lethality. A level 5 Q with 3 soldiers would apply 180 x 3 = 540 Base Magic Damage (+60% AP x 3) with a 60% Slow (20% per soldier) This is currently the most damaging spell he has. Although as said before it's completely reliant on his W. Preferable I think it would better that each soldier do less damage rather than full per soldier. I just quiver at what would happen if someone just added a Deathfire Grasp with how this skill currently scales up magical damage. 50% Damage past the first soldier seems fair in my opinion. [180 (+60% AP) + 90 (+60% AP) for each additional soldier] W- Arise! The core of Azir's play style and concept. Arise! is Azir's bread and butter and Siphoning Strike is on Nasus. I have little to say against this skill alone bar the absurd amount of damage it has. Level 1 Arise! has a base damage for 50(+70% AP). That's almost 5 times higher than Heimerdinger's turret auto attack of 12(+15% AP). Combined with an Azir's easy attack speed boost from his passive and the ability to summon two soldier's quickly, it's very easy to deal over 200 magic damage in a single encounter within the first 5 minutes of the game. As the game goes on this skill only grows in power as the AP scaling along with the gradual attack speed boost, all the Sand Soldier's pretty much become mini Lich Banes Minions. At level 11 all the sand soldiers do 100 Magic Damage (+70% AP) At this point Azir has at least 1 Cooldown item and/or AP item giving him a near AD Carry level of DPS. The fact that he can double this per soldier and hit turrets makes this skill all the more powerful as even 4.5 seconds (under the turret) allows for 3-5 free attacks very damaging pokes on a enemy turret. In my opinion this skill should have its base damage scaled down and something done about being able to attack turrets as this would make Azir the only champion able to attack turrets out of its range. (It's stupid enough on the Dota Dwarven Sniper)
E - Shifting Sands The ability to dash to the protection of one of his soldiers and gain a shield if he rams an enemy champion. This ability is useful both for escaping and engaging as either way you have sand soldier next to you and the shield is a nice addition. Like Q it is completely reliant on his W. One thing is sometimes the choice of which soldier you dash to is random as the button does not let you choose which soldier you want to dash too should more than 1 be out. If possible make it so you can target which soldier you wish E too (I've accidently dashed 1 inch backwards cause of this) R - Emperor's Divide While I enjoy the idea of a Shield Wall I actually find this to be the most lacking skill in Azir's entire kit. Indeed it is a potential game changer but for what it does it seems fairly weak even if it was a basic skill. The damage is fairly balanced but isn't the game changing factor, mainly the fact it acts as an anti dash wall. The inability to dash past it is great just because the enemy cannot dash past it does not mean they cannot still escape. Depending on location and placement it's possible for the ultimate to do very little at all, especially when one considers that it does not stop Flash. (I'm not sure if it stops champs that flat out teleport or remove their models/become untargetable like Yi's Alpha Strike, Warwick's Infinite Duress, Fizz's Playful Trickster, Vlad's Sanguine pool, Zed's Deathmark etc.) The ability for allies to pass through it is probably its biggest boon as other terrain generators can block allies as well as enemies; although it's movement gain is only barely noticeable. It's extremely short range (less than half the range of his base auto attack) makes it difficult to be put to better use. If I had my way I would arguably remove this skill and replace it with a transformation like his concept brothers Nasus and Renekton as this skill does very little for Azir himself and as it stands has a much harder chance of changing the game compared to other ultimates or even basic skills. I have few ideas for Azir at the moment to better enjoy his ultimate. Emperor's Divide(Mobile Version): Instead of simply summoning a phalanx of shield soldiers, Azir can dash right behind his soldiers in a straight charge, knocking backwards and damaging enemies. In addition the soldiers will follow Azir, remaining directly IN-FRONT of him for a duration, blocking enemies and pushing them backwards. Azir would gain 20% bonus movement speed for the duration instead of granting it to allies. This idea comes from the fact that when I read "Emperor's Divide" I envision a charge lead by a glorious war general to split the enemy lines. Emperor's Divide (Phalanx Version): Azir summons a bodyguard phalanx of soldiers that surround him in a circular formation. For a short duration the soldiers act as extension of the emperor's will following wherever he goes and attacking any enemy that gets to close. Azir gains 20% bonus movement speed for the duration. (In hindsight a group of sand soldiers stuck in base contact with Azir or a duration) After a second cast or when the duration ends, all the soldiers break formation, knocking all nearby enemies away from Azir and scattering into position to await more orders. This one is pretty much a mass soldier summon and allows Azir to march up into thicker fights before unleashing the might of his army. I was thinking greatly on the Spartans both from 300 and God of War 3 Emperor's Divide (Transformation): This one is more a of a wishlist item than a rework. Long story short either Azir becomes a super version of a Sand Soldier that either increase his abilities or buff/change his current skill set or Azir gains two bodyguard soldiers that follow him for a duration who also act as sand soldiers capable of answering to his Q - Conquering Sands (think returning arrows) as well as buffing his base attack damage in melee. Like the last two he can gain a movement speed increase or to make it even closer to Nasus {{champion:75}} and Renekton {{champion:58}} HP
: I've played a couple Co-ops and Customs with Azir, The Emperor of the Sands and overall while I love the concept of a minion-mancer type champion there are several things that I believe must be looked at. (All the games have been done on the current Summoner's Rift, I've not yet experienced him in Twisted Treeline or Dominion) Design Concept: A lot of people saw this coming (I think there was a concept art leaked a while back) and I've been dying to see another champion with an Egyptian theme to match Nasus and Renekton on the Fields of Justice. The fact that he controls an army as an Emperor makes it all the more sweeter; perfectly matching the design of Ra, the Sun God of Egyptian Mythology Gameplay Concept: From what I understand, Azir basis is a champion that utilize minions/summons much more actively and aggressively from previous champions. Suiting the concept of an Emperor, Azir must make a conscious command to his minions to attack rather than having them aimlessly wander or target the closest thing. However looking fully at his kit regardless he still seems to be a defensive type champion. One thing that all of the champions with minions (with the sheer exception of Yorick and possibly Mordekaiser on counting his Children of the Grave or Zed and his Shadow) is their lack of durability. Heimerdinger, Malzahar, and Zyra are all fragile Mages who are extremely vulnerable to being quickly burst down or assassinated in close combat. Azir is no exception to this. Throughout all my games I found it difficult to engage anything that bothered to rush me without his sand soldiers. From that I'd like to argue that currently Azir relies a bit too much on his W more than anything else. More so than any other champion to date. Heimerdinger {{champion:74}} : His turrets; the core of his game play are permanent till destroyed or re-summoned in another location. This gives Heimerdinger a greater defensive placement even in the early stages of the game. None of Heimer's skills directly interact with the turrets but instead play a role stunning and finishing off opponent who get too close in his danger zone. Malzahar {{champion:90}} : Let's face it, most of the time that poor Voidling is ignored most part of the game. It's essentially an extra minion in the lane. The only skill that the Voidling is effected by is Malefic Vision which pretty much attracts the minion. Even if you had control over it; it isn't that powerful, nor does it contribute greatly over the sheer amount of magical damage Malzahar can do alone without it ever being there. Zyra {{champion:143}} : The seed placement allows for a wide variety of plays for Zyra players. Lasting 30 seconds per seed and the plants grown lasting 10 seconds, allows a decent gap between casting. Zyra alone currently has the sole benefit of effecting her placed seeds with her spells, creating one of two different plants and an ultimate the buffs their attack speed. Yorick {{champion:83}} : Possibly the only aggressive minion mancer champion in the game. Unlike the others, Yorick's ghouls empower him as well as assisting in the fight. Although not extremely helpful on their own, each ghoul has its own special power (Speed Buff, Slow Aura, Life Steal and short term Revival) and combined is extremely potent. Due to all of Azir's skills (minus his ultimate) needs W too even cast this puts him at a major disadvantage throughout most of the match; all the others don't require their summons to actively participate. In fact all three of the Mage champions above are quite capable of handling things purely on nuking power alone. Yorick can be built as a Fighter/Tank much better suited for close engagements than Azir can.
Running out of room per post; dang it I need 2 more :/ Azir lacks hard CC and the usual AP burst chain, his damage comes from the W's auto attacks rather than chaining a string of spells for massive damage. This idea is fine but the way it currently is leaves Azir vulnerable so long as either he has no soldiers on the field or they are too far away to assist him. In addition currently to mitigate this weakness, his soldier's do an absurdly large amount of damage. Shurima's Legacy: Will of the Emperor is very powerful granting 2%-80% attack speed boost based on his Cooldown reduction. He could easily get 10-20% level with runes and masteries alone. This is obviously here to support his W than anything else. Disc of the Sun: To be blunt it's not really needed. In fact I like to call it "Anti Push in a Can" because that what it effectively does. Most people in their won't bother to dive under a turret that's going to blow up in 1 minute. The only ones that will are the minions. Essentially all this really does is prevent the enemy team from pushing or chasing you past a certain point. Unless you have 10 hp left, no one will try to attack Azir under it much like most people wouldn't attack a Heimerdinger with three mini turrets underneath a base turret. Azir can farm fine without it and even more so as the Sand Soldier's damage is very high. The concept of summoning a turret or a turret like emplacement or minion is both enticing and interesting but I find it very unnecessary in its current for as a passive. At this point it's just icing on the top for an already very strong passive from Will of the Emperor. Q - Conquering Sands A very strong spell, might be a bit too strong if both soldiers (or more) strike with the same amount of lethality. A level 5 Q with 3 soldiers would apply 180 x 3 = 540 Base Magic Damage (+60% AP x 3) with a 60% Slow (20% per soldier) This is currently the most damaging spell he has. Although as said before it's completely reliant on his W. Preferable I think it would better that each soldier do less damage rather than full per soldier. I just quiver at what would happen if someone just added a Deathfire Grasp with how this skill currently scales up magical damage. 50% Damage past the first soldier seems fair in my opinion. [180 (+60% AP) + 90 (+60% AP) for each additional soldier] W- Arise! The core of Azir's play style and concept. Arise! is Azir's bread and butter and Siphoning Strike is on Nasus. I have little to say against this skill alone bar the absurd amount of damage it has. Level 1 Arise! has a base damage for 50(+70% AP). That's almost 5 times higher than Heimerdinger's turret auto attack of 12(+15% AP). Combined with an Azir's easy attack speed boost from his passive and the ability to summon two soldier's quickly, it's very easy to deal over 200 magic damage in a single encounter within the first 5 minutes of the game. As the game goes on this skill only grows in power as the AP scaling along with the gradual attack speed boost, all the Sand Soldier's pretty much become mini Lich Banes Minions. At level 11 all the sand soldiers do 100 Magic Damage (+70% AP) At this point Azir has at least 1 Cooldown item and/or AP item giving him a near AD Carry level of DPS. The fact that he can double this per soldier and hit turrets makes this skill all the more powerful as even 4.5 seconds (under the turret) allows for 3-5 free attacks very damaging pokes on a enemy turret. In my opinion this skill should have its base damage scaled down and something done about being able to attack turrets as this would make Azir the only champion able to attack turrets out of its range. (It's stupid enough on the Dota Dwarven Sniper)
: Azir, the Emperor of the Sands
I've played a couple Co-ops and Customs with Azir, The Emperor of the Sands and overall while I love the concept of a minion-mancer type champion there are several things that I believe must be looked at. (All the games have been done on the current Summoner's Rift, I've not yet experienced him in Twisted Treeline or Dominion) Design Concept: A lot of people saw this coming (I think there was a concept art leaked a while back) and I've been dying to see another champion with an Egyptian theme to match Nasus and Renekton on the Fields of Justice. The fact that he controls an army as an Emperor makes it all the more sweeter; perfectly matching the design of Ra, the Sun God of Egyptian Mythology Gameplay Concept: From what I understand, Azir basis is a champion that utilize minions/summons much more actively and aggressively from previous champions. Suiting the concept of an Emperor, Azir must make a conscious command to his minions to attack rather than having them aimlessly wander or target the closest thing. However looking fully at his kit regardless he still seems to be a defensive type champion. One thing that all of the champions with minions (with the sheer exception of Yorick and possibly Mordekaiser on counting his Children of the Grave or Zed and his Shadow) is their lack of durability. Heimerdinger, Malzahar, and Zyra are all fragile Mages who are extremely vulnerable to being quickly burst down or assassinated in close combat. Azir is no exception to this. Throughout all my games I found it difficult to engage anything that bothered to rush me without his sand soldiers. From that I'd like to argue that currently Azir relies a bit too much on his W more than anything else. More so than any other champion to date. Heimerdinger {{champion:74}} : His turrets; the core of his game play are permanent till destroyed or re-summoned in another location. This gives Heimerdinger a greater defensive placement even in the early stages of the game. None of Heimer's skills directly interact with the turrets but instead play a role stunning and finishing off opponent who get too close in his danger zone. Malzahar {{champion:90}} : Let's face it, most of the time that poor Voidling is ignored most part of the game. It's essentially an extra minion in the lane. The only skill that the Voidling is effected by is Malefic Vision which pretty much attracts the minion. Even if you had control over it; it isn't that powerful, nor does it contribute greatly over the sheer amount of magical damage Malzahar can do alone without it ever being there. Zyra {{champion:143}} : The seed placement allows for a wide variety of plays for Zyra players. Lasting 30 seconds per seed and the plants grown lasting 10 seconds, allows a decent gap between casting. Zyra alone currently has the sole benefit of effecting her placed seeds with her spells, creating one of two different plants and an ultimate the buffs their attack speed. Yorick {{champion:83}} : Possibly the only aggressive minion mancer champion in the game. Unlike the others, Yorick's ghouls empower him as well as assisting in the fight. Although not extremely helpful on their own, each ghoul has its own special power (Speed Buff, Slow Aura, Life Steal and short term Revival) and combined is extremely potent. Due to all of Azir's skills (minus his ultimate) needs W too even cast this puts him at a major disadvantage throughout most of the match; all the others don't require their summons to actively participate. In fact all three of the Mage champions above are quite capable of handling things purely on nuking power alone. Yorick can be built as a Fighter/Tank much better suited for close engagements than Azir can.
: PBE Ranked
With the lower population of the PBE Servers, gaining more IP is pretty much required to reduce the time it would take most players from grinding all the way up to Master. From what I read in an earlier post you can't be placed into Master, you have to earn your way in and the highest tier I've seen someone go into after placement was Gold. Grinding from Gold (if you're placed there) through Platinum and Diamond is not only tedious but difficult to achieve as most people on PBE Im "assuming" are quite skilled considering that Riot has given the PBE Privilege. I am wondering however if the increase of Ip per game is also going to make the decreases larger as well as playing through Ranked is "One step forward, two steps back" in a nutshell.
: I agree absolutely with everything you said. the only thing I can think of to add to the skin itself is the hot bar spell icons could use some touching up. I understand that this is only a legendary skin, but some newer icons would be much appreciated. Coming from another veigar player, the DFG idea sounds so good. It shouldn't be too hard to pull off him saying a quote when buying DFG because other champions have quotes when they buy items, I.E. karthus when buying tear. Other then that, great ideas, keep them coming man :D
Agree with everything said above. In my personal preference I kind of wish some of the sound effects for Final Boss Veigar too sound more like a BOSS. Don't get me wrong I love the 8 bit sounds although some of them do feel out of place when fired. I kind of wish there was an 8-bit crash or explosion sound for the Dark Matter, looks cool but I sometimes really think I just dropped Jello on someone. I can get over Baleful Strike's sound but as stated above, it doesn't look right and honestly it looks pretty damn weak at times. I'd love a third dimension added and if possible make it so that the skill changes color or grows bigger in proportion to how much AP Veigar has accumulated with Baleful Strike. On another note I realized that on last hitting with Baleful Strike not only does it play a cute power up sound but it literally POOFs the target out of existence! However on shooting a champion the champ is not deleted. Perhaps make Baleful Strike capable of poofing off champions please? Event Horizon to be blunt the pillars almost looks like an unfinished 3d model with glow in the dark lines. Perhaps adding come "coding" into the pillars themselves might add at least some more depth. Primordial Burst needs some sort of cry on a kill or at least a giant GAME OVER! or DELETED! sign over the dead target. On that note maybe any champion Final Boss Veigar kills should include a Game Over or Deleted sign (Look at Arcade Sona's death animation; or at least her old one.) As a very unlikely side request: If the voice actor has time perhaps he can record lines for summoner spells too? {{summoner:21}} "Barrier!!!" {{summoner:11}} "Removed from Jungle!" {{summoner:10}} "Did you think you could slay ME!?!?" {{summoner:2}} "I can see you!!!" {{summoner:14}} "You will burn!"
: First Big Update to PBE Summoner's Rift
Love the update but a bit disappointed about the removal of the fire breath doom laser. If I may add instead of making his breath a literal laser if possilbe could it be made more like an actual flamethrower; like Rumble's flamethrower?
: I've got the same problem. People are going to play ranked on PBE, just to test a new skin, even if they don't know the champion and We are unable to test the Master Tier. That's a huge problem, I guess..
Sadly most people are one PBE to see a new skin rather than try a Ranked game on the PBE server. I would like to see a more serious banning system placed at least on the PBE Ranked to stop those type of things from happening. Although the very real possibility of getting trolls on the regular servers exist, the batch of players that are privileged to play it on PBE should be those who take testing a new Ranked Tier more seriously. Otherwise they're just slowing things down and not making much good out of it.
: Rank of ult, no. Maybe as he levels up, though. Then again, it could make his ult shorter early game, until level 6, and at level 16 you're in the late game, when it needs to be longer. So it might work after all. A Rioter would have to confirm this, as I assume they've already tested lengths on how long Gnar is Mega Gnar.
Well it's possible since it is Fury that basic attacks can lengthen the amount of time Gnar can stay in his transformation much like {{champion:102}} Shyvana. Though it might need a hard cap on how long he can stay transform to prevent it from going longer than what's fair. (Or even extending how long Gnar is exhausted and unable to gain fury)
: PBE Bugs & Feedback Thread: Mecha Aatrox and Mecha Malphite!
1. Definitely needs better than that floppy wings. It seems to hang around more like a banner than an actual wing set; especially with the artwork making it look so awesome. 2. I kind of want to see some darker tones of the skins (if not the SAME colors from the artwork) The colours on the artwork are outright amazing. They seem a bit bright in game compared to the splash. 3. The red color changes however I'am fine with although is it possible to give it a red hot metal/overheating look? (Similar to Rumble {{champion:68}} just not flat red) 4. Haste Animations? Maybe a short wing glide for aatrox (like pulsefire ezreal {{champion:81}} does briefly)and usage of the thruster on malphite's back (I keep thinking of it like Big Bull from Anarchy Reigns since he has a similar rocket on his back) 5. Skill Animations? I'd like to see a better way Mecha Malphite can throw his seismic shard. It always kind of seems it's just popping out of his chest. Aatrox's Blades of Torment are actually launched in a way that you can honestly think that it shot out of his wings (if it wasn't so flabby) If the wings are changed to a more solid appearance I wouldn't mind it was launched from his wings rather than pointing his sword. 6. Revival Animations? They're machines at least they can look like they're being rebuilt or finishing repairs. 7. Sounds: Needs more explosions {{champion:115}} and possibly a "WARNING!" {{champion:68}} or even just beeping alarms from damage and overheating. I wouldn't mind hearing Mecha Aatrox going "Overdrive!" or "Override!" with Massacre. The voices also are a bit lacking but I know it's probably difficult to record new lines like it was done for Battlecast Prime Cho'gath {{champion:31}} "My design EXCEEDS any others!" 8. Explosion Effects: This is kind of a selfish wish but it NEEDS MORE EXPLOSIONS {{champion:115}} . Giant robots crashing from the earth and sky and only laser sounds? Where's the metal crunching crash or the deafening kaboom? (I watched Pacific Rim way to much :P)
: Team Builder will be coming back on Monday (2/3) and Tuesday (2/4) from 1:00 to 5:00 PM PST!
The issue I get is mainly just wait time. The "approx" estimated wait time is 5 minutes but I've tried twice waiting 15-30 mins with no games found until finally I ran out of time to even play a game if it even found one. I understand that the PBE is much smaller and there isn't an abundance of summoners to be matched up with. At the same time though I'm wondering how does team builder search when it runs out of players to match up playing a single role. For example if there is 100 summoners total for a complete set of 10 games (5v5 matches) What does Team Builder do when it runs out of say "Top Lane" position summoners. Does it replace them with someone of a differant lane? Does it wait for someone to select it? Does it finally decide to put 3 summoners who picked "Bot Lane" into one team? I kind of feel in my opinion that the wait time alone is extremely long purely because Team Builder may not have enough people to make a more complete team. Although I'm only speculating this as I don't exactly see directly how matchmaking /pairups are made so it's extremely likely that I'm missing alot of information(And possibly this has been addressed already making me look like a total idiot for posting)

Ultima75000

Level 30 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion