: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT LIKE THIS!
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
: A Poppy Mains Feedback
Bumping for hope of a rioter ever seeing this. Also hoping her w passive can get a flat resist portion to it.
: Poppy identity needs to be brought back ! (Suggestions inside)
Ima necro this so hopefully riot will have to notice something.
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
This is just sad now. Everyone's given up hope that feedback will actually be taken.
: I had my fun with the rework. Now I'm Bored with her... Something that never happened with old Poppy. Oh god now I miss Poopy so much! :.(
> [{quoted}](name=FullOnGritz,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iELz2g6E,comment-id=00a00000,timestamp=2015-12-16T01:10:50.426+0000) > > I had my fun with the rework. Now I'm Bored with her... Something that never happened with old Poppy. > Oh god now I miss Poopy so much! :.( I actually did get bored of old Poppy, but then I decided to play her differently and it became fun again :/.
: Rework... does that word have no meaning? The helm and dead dad are no longer her story She is now the delivery girl for a magic hammer destined for a great hero, unknowing that she was the hero all along The is no reason for her to be mean and angry at the world any longer, or to look older Sion also didn't have a knife on the back of his head or a crown screwed in his jaw before the rework Why is the tooth, a very unique and cool looking feature, a thing to dislike?
> [{quoted}](name=Noctius,realm=PBE,application-id=cMKtzQHY,discussion-id=OrYlO8Ac,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-27T17:23:36.950+0000) > > Rework... does that word have no meaning? > The helm and dead dad are no longer her story > She is now the delivery girl for a magic hammer destined for a great hero, unknowing that she was the hero all along > > The is no reason for her to be mean and angry at the world any longer, or to look older > > Sion also didn't have a knife on the back of his head or a crown screwed in his jaw before the rework > Why is the tooth, a very unique and cool looking feature, a thing to dislike? Rework = changing champ while keeping the same feel. I can see they changed her... I don't see how she feels the same in lore, gameplay, anything.
: poppy is garbage with no damage, no cc, no scalings and troll ult. At least she is cute. Best rework ever.
> [{quoted}](name=Test 0001,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iELz2g6E,comment-id=00a1,timestamp=2015-12-11T12:00:26.424+0000) > > poppy is garbage with no damage, no cc, no scalings and troll ult. At least she is cute. Best rework ever. That's pretty much everyone who's never played Poppy before after this rework ;). That's a pretty spot on statement.
: i'm playing her much more now (PBE bad ping) and i'm very happy about her lane. yesterday i won lane vs Darius,something that was impossibile with old Poppy,at least for me. I won also vs Fiora and i closed 0/0 but with +60cs vs Tahm i feel that ultimate should have lower damage and much lower CD (like -20% of the damage and -30% CD). About the CDR of the passive,we kept asking to reduce CD when picking up the shield,but we never asked something useful for enemies that can be useful for Poppy too. I mean...enemies can destroy the shield but why and enemy should try to destroy the shield going close to a wall and risk to be stunned??? If you give them 30 gold each time they destroy it maybe they do it more often and since they do it more often it's also a thing that Poppy should avoid and try to pick it up before enemies (now i don't do it always).
> [{quoted}](name=Mirfak,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iELz2g6E,comment-id=009e00000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-11T10:16:45.973+0000) > > i'm playing her much more now (PBE bad ping) and i'm very happy about her lane. yesterday i won lane vs Darius,something that was impossibile with old Poppy,at least for me. > I won also vs Fiora and i closed 0/0 but with +60cs vs Tahm > > i feel that ultimate should have lower damage and much lower CD (like -20% of the damage and -30% CD). > About the CDR of the passive,we kept asking to reduce CD when picking up the shield,but we never asked something useful for enemies that can be useful for Poppy too. > I mean...enemies can destroy the shield but why and enemy should try to destroy the shield going close to a wall and risk to be stunned??? If you give them 30 gold each time they destroy it maybe they do it more often and since they do it more often it's also a thing that Poppy should avoid and try to pick it up before enemies (now i don't do it always). The thing is, having a good lane was part of what wasn't at all part of her identity. One of the big reasons I played poppy was her amazing scaling into lategame, but a pretty shitty time in lane. I don't get how this addresses many of the problems with this rework though :/. I guess it makes her passive a bit more interesting, but it's a pretty random passive on a giant hammer wielder anyway.
: Let's hope the will make some changes after the first days people plays her on live servers. The only changes they made from the beginning of the rework was nerf to base AD and armor And you kno what? losing armor per 18 levels (9 total) made useless passive of W. it's like it's based on bonus armor and not total armor Poppy had 97 armor + 11.6 from w = 108.6 Now se has 88 amor + 10.5 = 98..5 that is like her old base without passive. So cmpared to old Poppy she has -35 armor and no old passive. How can they say she is tank now?? she was tankier before the rework
> [{quoted}](name=Mirfak,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iELz2g6E,comment-id=009e000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-09T08:20:59.930+0000) > > Let's hope the will make some changes after the first days people plays her on live servers. > The only changes they made from the beginning of the rework was nerf to base AD and armor > And you kno what? losing armor per 18 levels (9 total) made useless passive of W. it's like it's based on bonus armor and not total armor > Poppy had 97 armor + 11.6 from w = 108.6 > Now se has 88 amor + 10.5 = 98..5 that is like her old base without passive. > So cmpared to old Poppy she has -35 armor and no old passive. How can they say she is tank now?? she was tankier before the rework All that'll come is balance changes, and most of the people who are on live playing this aren't people who played Poppy before meaning they'll have a completely different view.
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
It seems the rest of the community is buzzing about how amazing the rework is because it's something new for the sake of something new :/. Well, at least mostly. Any opinions that anyone wants to put here instead of the place where they'll be downvoted into oblivion?
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
> > When you do (or heck before you do), make sure that you drop your feedback here for my sanity! > Yeah. Yeah.
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
Gg it's on live already without almost any of our feedback on kit taken into mind :/.
: Am I the only Poppy player missing how speedy she used to be? I have fond memories of being able to run away from fights where I was losing, but decently positioned. Therefore, my biggest problem with her new W versus her old one is that the haste only lasts half the time. At five seconds, it was one of the longer hastes in the game, and that really contributed to my play and perception of Poppy. I understand that having the dash-blocking portion of it be up that long would be too strong (it is a really fun skill, by the way), so maybe keep that at 2.5 seconds? It would not be the first time an active skill had two parts with different duration (Karma E, Trundle Q...) The small increase in the % Movement Speed compared to Live just doesn't help her feel as speedy. (also, her base MS was reduced by five... I really felt that)
I almost always when playing normals and ranked as my favorite yordle have at least some moment where I'm chased through the jungle and I run into a lane, e an enemy minion and just run out! Yeah... bye bye memories.
: They answer much more on NA forum but here they are ghosts
;*( wow this thread jumped down to 1 upvote xD
: A Poppy Mains Feedback
I hate the fact that she can only be played viably as a tank... She used to be this Yordle with a hammer that ran in and smashed.
: It was the point. It's Riot's design philosophy that full scale reworks are sometimes necessary. It's not about JUST pleasing Poppy mains, it's about improving the state of the overall game. She has a solid role now, and she's good at what she does now. We needed new, more interesting tanks, and Poppy is one of the champions to help lead that effort. Her character design perfectly supported the new kit. She has heavy armor and a hammer. She LOOKS like a tank. Why goes someone that looks like a tank play like an ASSASSIN? It's a clear character design flaw at it's simplest. It's not rocket science. Poppy was (and still bloody is) super fun, don't get me wrong. But her fun was at the expense of game balance, game design, and character design 101. It's simple
> [{quoted}](name=Best Kindred NA,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=09HtQROn,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-04T04:18:34.914+0000) > > It was the point. It's Riot's design philosophy that full scale reworks are sometimes necessary. > It's not about JUST pleasing Poppy mains, it's about improving the state of the overall game. > > She has a solid role now, and she's good at what she does now. > We needed new, more interesting tanks, and Poppy is one of the champions to help lead that effort. Her character design perfectly supported the new kit. She has heavy armor and a hammer. She LOOKS like a tank. Why goes someone that looks like a tank play like an ASSASSIN? It's a clear character design flaw at it's simplest. It's not rocket science. > > Poppy was (and still bloody is) super fun, don't get me wrong. But her fun was at the expense of game balance, game design, and character design 101. It's simple Changing a champion does not mean changing their role completely when their role before wasn't necessarily toxic. She has a solid role but it doesn't stay true to Poppy. May I also mention that she is able to perform several roles at the moment, just like very many bruisers. We need more interesting tanks and Poppy was never a tank so she shouldn't be leading the effort. She is well armored, but all I see when I look at her is the hammer, so she looks far more damage focused when she doesn't actually do that much anymore. She looks like someonw who'll smash your face off, not a tank. Speaking of how she looks, why should that determine so harshly her kit. She plays like an assassin according to game mechanics, but when she plays assassin she goes straight up to a team runs through them and attacks her target. If you think about how she is fufilling the role of assassin, I don't see her acting abnormally, I see a courageous warrior running through enemy lines to attack. People found many parts of her kit toxic, and all I want is the same gameplay style, but this rework changes the style.
: Many of the "issues" that you have listen here are simply uneducated and needs to be addressed. First, Poppy's ultimate. It has a ROLE now. Not every ult in the game is supposed to have a million different uses to it. Sometimes it's there for one reason and one reason only - and in this case, it's a disengage. Simple. Riot's not going to change the kit, they had a clear plan to make her a high utility tank. (High utility DOES NOT MEAN jack of all trades.) Why should her E scale with magic damage. It doesn't make sense. She tackles a unit against a wall. I don't see any magic or anything flashy being used her. It's a f*cking charge. Her Passive has nothing to do with her hammer because her Q and Ult already cover that, not even including the absurd amount of the word "hammer" in her VO. You just want her shield removed entirely from her canon? Moreover, she throws the buckler because if she chucked the hammer at you, she'd be defenseless. It would plop down next to you, and to do any damage to you, she's have to run and grab it. Lol? The buckler is meant to be disposable. Okay, fine, she wasn't on the PBE for too long. But have you ever thought that the PBE really doesn't do much for game balance? Players on the PBE know nothing about game design/balance/art. It's mostly for bugs. They internally tested this thing forever until they got it right, just like they do with most other champion releases. They didn't rush it, and it shows. Her kit is fleshed out and makes cohesive sense. Her splash arts are all updated, her VO, even her lore has had a very high quality rework. Her model and animations are the best in the game by far. It's a beautiful piece of work in my eyes, and if Riot were going to rework Poppy, THIS is how you do it. No, it isn't old Poppy. But old Poppy wasn't progressing, she wasn't going anywhere. Why should I play Poppy when so many other champions do what she does, better? Now she can compete with the tiers a bit and actually become a factor in competitive play. Nothing bad can really come from that.
> [{quoted}](name=Best Kindred NA,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=09HtQROn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-12-04T04:37:37.494+0000) > > Many of the "issues" that you have listen here are simply uneducated and needs to be addressed. > > > First, Poppy's ultimate. > > It has a ROLE now. Not every ult in the game is supposed to have a million different uses to it. Sometimes it's there for one reason and one reason only - and in this case, it's a disengage. Simple. Riot's not going to change the kit, they had a clear plan to make her a high utility tank. (High utility DOES NOT MEAN jack of all trades.) > > Why should her E scale with magic damage. It doesn't make sense. She tackles a unit against a wall. I don't see any magic or anything flashy being used her. It's a f*cking charge. > > Her Passive has nothing to do with her hammer because her Q and Ult already cover that, not even including the absurd amount of the word "hammer" in her VO. You just want her shield removed entirely from her canon? > > Moreover, she throws the buckler because if she chucked the hammer at you, she'd be defenseless. It would plop down next to you, and to do any damage to you, she's have to run and grab it. Lol? The buckler is meant to be disposable. > > Okay, fine, she wasn't on the PBE for too long. But have you ever thought that the PBE really doesn't do much for game balance? Players on the PBE know nothing about game design/balance/art. It's mostly for bugs. They internally tested this thing forever until they got it right, just like they do with most other champion releases. They didn't rush it, and it shows. Her kit is fleshed out and makes cohesive sense. Her splash arts are all updated, her VO, even her lore has had a very high quality rework. Her model and animations are the best in the game by far. It's a beautiful piece of work in my eyes, and if Riot were going to rework Poppy, THIS is how you do it. > > No, it isn't old Poppy. But old Poppy wasn't progressing, she wasn't going anywhere. Why should I play Poppy when so many other champions do what she does, better? Now she can compete with the tiers a bit and actually become a factor in competitive play. Nothing bad can really come from that. I'm saying the ultimate is not good because it forces upon the player an identity that riot is trying to push onto former Poppy players. When I say her passive is awkward, I don't expect her to throw her hammer, just not to throw something at all mostly because hammer = smash. You seem set on the idea that old Poppy couldn't be used, and that is simply untrue because of her ability to do so much damage and scale greatly into lategame. There are parts of her original kit that are deemed toxic, but with proper compensation to the rest of the kit and replacements for those abilities, she would still keep her identity. I do like her artwork, that I will have to say was well done, but her lore is simply a rework and nothing good came from giving a champion who had a unique identity within lore and just changing their character and backstory almost completely.
: tis exactly what I'm saying. Its not a removal of a character because the basic part of it; the name, race, and role (tank/fighter) remain the same
> [{quoted}](name=DrJarvis,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=09HtQROn,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-12-04T01:56:49.820+0000) > > tis exactly what I'm saying. Its not a removal of a character because the basic part of it; the name, race, and role (tank/fighter) remain the same She isn't a tank though, and she never was until this rework. On live she's a frontline light fighter or an assassin depending on how you play her. They basically made her a backline peel tank and that is not close to the same role she currently has, which is why I made this thread.
: its not supposed to keep her original identity lmao. She's supposed to have changed a shit load.
> [{quoted}](name=DrJarvis,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=09HtQROn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-12-04T01:42:44.086+0000) > > its not supposed to keep her original identity lmao. She's supposed to have changed a shit load. So you're saying that it's fine to do away with the identity of a character? If this is so, how can this be called a rework, rather than a removal with a replacement?
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
I feel like almost no responses to feedback were given unless it involved the bug :/ or just questions.
Rioter Comments
: Actually, the playstyle kinda fits the new lore. She's simply trying to find the hero to "save the world", and as the comic shows, she's still trying to help people however she can. I do dislike the fact that we don't get the "hack and slash" part of her like shown in the comic.
It's been confirmed guys! Adc = world... sadly this is very true. Anyway, to be serious, I get she's going to save Demacia of something, but when you see the comic, you see this little yordle charge into combat and hurt this giant creature. I see her jumping into action, not waiting for the monster to get close to the people. Also, her lore is about a hero of demacia, and you don't really see heroes stand right next to the people who need protecting and waiting for the enemy to get up close. Edit: Anyway big thing, you don't see anyone need to help Poppy to take down a giant. Poppy doesn't necessarily need help to take down giants, and with the current way she is, she doesn't actually damage the giant, just keep them from damaging the adc while the adc takes them down.
: feedback on Poppy update
;*( After no feedback for 3 or so days they say they're shipping it to live and won't change the abilities unless they do another rework of it...
: Dang I replied to the wrong thread, copying my responses over. 1. Old Poppy: Assassin-bruiser derived from Diplomatic Immunity working in a very unintended way. Outdated kit that had to be artificially held down due to the R. New Poppy: Full commitment to the armored Yordle fantasy (Lots of yordles have big weapons, she's the only one with armor) with great feats of strength. Offers unique outputs while retaining damage threat, but more conditionally 2. Probably next patch if nothing breaks 3. Entire changes to skills will probably only come in the form of another rework if we feel it is necessary 4. We didn't consider Poppy a beginner friendly champion at all 5. The E has actually undergone major rescripting, I've intentionally tried to keep most of the behavior the same as live while fixing obvious bugs. We are committed to continue to improve the feel of the spell even after release, so continued feedback will be appreciated. (p.s. the E missing if a champion flashes or dashes is not a bug, its the same way most of our targeted dashes work) 6. The assassin playstyle was only held up via Diplomatic Immunity, and when we tried a nerfed or conditional version it either felt very generic (Trynd ult etc.) or required the Poppy player to play more opportunistically than we liked. Ultimately, we felt that what we needed to retain on Poppy was the feeling that you could go headlong into a fight without worrying too much about enemies and being a tank was the best way to retain that. 7. Generally tanks/bruisers trend toward mid game power spikes by the nature of our item system. 8. I don't agree that Poppy's tools aren't varied and diverse. Sure she has a clear 'I win combo' but that is not an issue by itself, I favor designing champions where it is easy for players to understand what my optimal combo is. The conditional nature of her spells make it so actual fights are quite varied and interactive (at least so we think) 9. We've definitely backed off a bit from our old stance as we felt that it was causing our champion designs to become more homogenous than we liked. We still don't want to see 'hard counters' where champion picks literally win or lose the game.
If these changes are so set in stone already, why was hardly any feedback taken before? Edit: Her assassin playstyle was uphelp by her ultimate, but if she didn't have it she would still be strong in diving the enemy team. Completely changing her playstyle is not keeping her identity, and I'd like to know what you have in mind when it comes to deleting her and replacing her. Edit2: I'd like to ask a question: For such a small yordle with a giant hammer and giant strength, was making her an adc peeler primarily intended as part of her design? The new kit does not fit with new lore or anything about old poppy, and I'm confused as to if you really want to change her identity so greatly without reason.
: So... How is Poppy as a New Champion?
The fact that you have to think of this as a new champion just shows how much riot failed in making this a rework. ;*(
: Poppy Update Feedback Thread
Can we get feedback ;*(. On our feedback.
: Feedback from a long time Anivia main
: It would confuse players. The question is, how do you know that you can go inside it? It would look like a massive shield which is not how Bard ult is supposed to be.
: I think a lot of people here have played Poppy and are a fan of her. But Riot clearly has a different design philosophy regarding the way she should be played now. Hell, she's categorized as a tank now. I have mixed feelings on it still, but I think everyone just wants her to be a good tank at least, because thats what Riot is pushing so hard.
At this point for me, if poppy is forced to be a tank, she is no longer my main and I'll prolly start drifting from this game :/. I loved running up to and smacking people ;*(
: no, said " it was important to keep her from seeming like a mini-Garen" they **don't** want to let her seem like Garen, so while she has a strong love to Demacia, they didnt want her to show it the same way Garen does. She is simply a Demacian Yordle that wants to help her kingdom by any mean she can and in this case she tries to find the perfect Hero to wield her Legendary hammer and lead Demacia to greatness
If they wanted her to not seem like a mini garen, couldn't they have just pulled out parts of her character that were important but lacking in display. Riot sometimes has good reasons for what they do, but the way they get there just sets everyone off.
: you don't seem to understand that tanky peeler is what Riot wants her to be. I'd rather prefer they'd come for a compromise of making her a diving bruiser, not a tank and not an assasin
: what this comparison has to do with anything? ofc she's not going to do a damage of an adc because she isn't one, and I agree the damage on her kit is way too low, but you brought the worst example.
I'm comparing scalings of her kit to scalings everyone in this game has. Not sure why it's a bad comparison. Also, adc's aren't the only champs that aa.
: Changes I feel new poppy needs
I honestly just want to remove the anti dash and increase ms boost duration and lower cd of the ability not to mention remove the passive on it. It's mostly just a weaker version of what is was now, and the anti dash doesn't make up for 20 second cd from 12 seconds.
: Is Poppy even the ambassador to the Yourdle's and Demacia anymore? Blomgrum? Whomper?
Changes to her lore were pretty stupid :/ As well as changes to her character. They gave her a random trope and removed her other stuff besides Demacia, called it a day.
: To preface this, I played a *lot* Poppy on live. Started somewhere in early S2, and I've played her as a Bruiser, DPS, AD Assassin, and AP Assassin (RIP DFG); I've player her Top, Jungle and Support; I've played her against pretty much every champions; I've really played all variations of her that I considered to not be wasteful (aka Tank is a terrible idea, especially since the Thornmail change).   #What I like about the rework 1. Her skills individually all look and feel pretty great. 2. Her new artistic design is awesome and her splashes are way up there. I don't think a single one out of the like 7 or 8 would fall outside of top 25. 3. She fills a more standard niche (juggernaut) making it much easier to understand how to play her. 4. She lost a whole lot of invisible power.   #What I don't like about the rework 1. She doesn't seem to have a kit that fits together. I feel like she doesn't have her own role in a team, she's simply a worse GP evolving into a worse Nasus. 2. While her Innate is *active*, it isn't *interactive*. It's simply that everynow and then, you have a stronger AA that spawns a shield. I would really like it if there was an additional effect to picking up the shield, or if there was a CD reduction when something happens or pretty much anything. Just make it look like there's a reason that the shield exists. Right now, it feels a bit like her old innate where "she has a shield because fuck you that's why". 3. She doesn't have any late game. All she has is a weird CC on her ult, and small displacements through E (I guess if you can land the stuns it's nice). As a tank, dealing 6% max health as physical damage is pretty irrelevant since everyone has so much armor. Similarly, she used ot have mixed damage which helped her, but now she's purely physical. All this does is make her even more power spike-reliant (which is emphasized by the innate's cooldown going down in bulk instead of scaling down). 4. Q's casting is *really* clunky. I just don't understand why it's a "directional cast" instead of a "location cast". For something like Xerath's Q or Vel'Koz' fissure, I can understand; The missile is long so you attack in a certain direction. But Poppy's Q is like... half a dick in length. Why do I need to walk up to the cannon to be able to Q him? At what point did it ever sound reasonable to have Q not make you walk up to your target.   #What I feel is complete garbage 1. Her W's passive would probably feel better if it didn't exist. Not only is it very underwhelming when you're building damage, but it's also a non-negligible amount of invisible power. You're simply tankier because you put a single point into W at one point in the game. 2. Her E is just as bugged as before if not more. You can still knock people over corners, or have your knock be canceled by dashes/blinks even if they hit the wall. The collision detection is also still as archaic as ever. 3. She's even more based on hard counters. If you fight against someone that relies on a single dash (Rengar, Thresh, or Zac for instance), you can completely deny their ability to help. Meanwhile, if you're fighting against a team with very few dashes, your W is a dumpster with no real reason to rank past 1. It's even worse since it only seems to affect each champions once. This means that Yasuo can choose to take the damage and then just dash away. Same with denying Bard's tunnel where he's still inside the entrance and will just GTFO within the second you used your W. 4. I feel like R's mechanics are like 2001-LoL style. First of all, I don't understand why there's yet naother skill released that goes on cooldown if you die during the cast animation. It shouldn't take a massive amount of time to discover those bugs when you fix them every other patches. Similarly, not getting a single second of reduction on R when you don't cast the 2nd part feels pretty stupid. Like, it just doesn't make sense that you're better to use it on minions instead of waiting to cancel it.
Have to agree with all of what you say, but another problem. Her passive just doesn't fit as much as her ult in her kit. It just doesn't make sense that she would have such an ability.
: Well, she is meant to be weaker, if you haven't chek it out yet, Poppy's primary role is now a tank, and secondary is a fighter. I used to main Poppy back in S3, and ended up having fun as a support. The new kit is more overall utility and helps with peeling, I believe new Poppy is now more viable as a support since her ult deals next to nothing damage. Q and E are now good for peeling too. Like I said, this new poppy seems more of a support right now. That ult is excellent, probably the best support peel ult ever created specially with all those 4 man ganks.
You don't seem to understand that a tanky peeler is not what Poppy _is_.
: > New Poppy is forced to build tank due to the way her scalings work. She has very good innate passive and W passive scalings. 15% max hp as a shield is nice. 24% bonus armor and MR is amazing when you're below 40% hp. Her offensive scalings on Q, E, and R are terrible at 65, 50, and 90% bonus AD respectively. well, her Q got 130% bonus ad scaling, if you land both instances. Same goes for her E, 100% bonus ad. But I have to agree, it feels too hard to pull her damage off. And I think the nerf to her stickiness is kinda crucial, 2.5 seconds of increased ms is too short to position yourself for a good E, not to mention the long cd of the ability. I understand that the aura is very poweful, but it takes too much of her power budget.
That really isn't that much when your aa has a 1.0 ad scaling, 2.0 with crit, or 2.5 with crit and ie. Edit: Also you never hit both instances of q unless u wall slam.
: Any way we can get keep the (extremely satisfying) Q sound effect on Poppy?
This! >I believe they should have kept her current Q :( this too
: Well, that's just a No-True-Scotsman statement. The only requirement for being a Poppy Enthusiast, is to like Poppy. If someone likes her for different reasons, well, that doesn't entirely matter. They certainly made a very drastic change to her personality and identity, but I think they solidified it a bit more. Her old persona was very gruff, no nonsense, determined, and very Lawful Good. Her new identity is the very typical anime-esque adventuring good-doer, slightly tilted given her size and look. Honestly, I like the new identity a lot better overall. If not just for the art, but also because it more solidifies her place as a Yordle. Old Poppy was a Yordle in name and size only. She had no whimsy, no jokes, no inventiveness, and no real connection to the race as a whole. New Poppy is really bad at being a Yordle, but you can still see some tell-tale traces of the race's traits in her character, which I think is in-line with the Yordle reworks on the whole. She has a few playful lines, is a bit more light hearted, and her goal is far less serious business than it was before. That being said, I think a couple more heroic sounding lines would go a long way to helping establish that she is in-fact a destined hero.
Her not being yordle-like was the point though? They could have made her a determined warrior and kept her persona in lore while giving her a different look/feel in VO lines. They could've given her a bright side and some humor similar to how it is on live, just bad at telling jokes in a different way than diana. They didn't like her identity and because of that, they scrapped it without player feedback. Lore doesn't have player feedback at this point :/.
: As someone who reached diamond and got his first lvl5 mastery playing Poppy,I completely agree with you, I think the 1K magic crits with Q are more iconic to Poppy then her E. I really, really miss her old damage and carrying potential. They did a complete 180 flip on her, turning her from a lategame anti-carry like {{champion:24}} {{champion:39}} to a tanky support like {{champion:201}} {{champion:223}} . I guess Riot doesn't like it when their marksmen are getting killed... They'd rather have 1 marksmen and 4 supports protecting it every game... She was a really good champion with unique abilities, mixed damage, build flexibility and carrying potential... and all of that was ruined by turning her into a CC "fighter" (she's more like a tank instead) who has abysmal AD ratios, only physical damage (you can't really count her E damage), and lower damage. She has less damage, less tankyness, less carrying and duelling potential, all of this because Riot is trying to pigeonhole her into a "protect the Kog'maw" champion, whereas now on live her actual role is to demolish that Kog'maw. She lost her high risk high reward playstyle and turned into a {{champion:223}} that just sticks to the true carries to make sure they stay alive. Riot is trying to attract new players to try because she's now moe with anime shit, but they'll soon realize that she's now boring to play with. Sure... throwing someone out of a fight is fun for the first time, but it soon gets boring because you realize how limited she has become. I believe the rework will actually make even less popular because she got nerfed, most of the poppy mains who used to play her because SHE IS an assassin/fighter will probably stop playing her, and the new "poppy mains" will actually stop playing her after 3 games because she really became boring. Maybe it's just that playing tanks/support is not my style, but that WAS exactly the reason I played Poppy : she wasn't a tank... Now her damage is mostly physical and her lategame damage is inexistant... If I want to play something like that, Braum and Alistar already exist. Hell, atleast {{champion:201}} {{champion:223}} are actually alot funnier and have better duelling potential than the new Poppy. You might say it's stupid of me to judge her based on lategame and damage, but that's exactly why I play Poppy. What if Jax or Tryndamere turned into tanks ? That's complete bullshit. I think Riot really need to add to bring back her old Q, changes R into something more carry oriented, up her scalings on her E or give back the old AP ratio... That would atleast turn her back into the lategame fighter/assassin, especially with the new W that could prevent the adc from escaping. And I'm not even going to talk about her new personality... RIP serious, determined warrior {{champion:78}}
Wow, are you my clone who somehow reached diamond? Anyway, there goes my chances of reaching diamond with this rework.
: she is still the daughter of a blacksmith and determined to find the hero that will bring the kingdom to greatness
Eh, is blomgrum still there? Anyway, I don't really see her determined still :/. Riot thought she was a mini garen for some reason? They wanted her to have some trope instead.
Rioter Comments
: She has no real trait though... she was small and stout and had a hammer. Oh, and her dual ponytails. She really had one of the bladest faces ever, that snaggletooth adds personality (and I don't think that it necessarily makes her childish/naive, it simply helps reinforce that feeling. If Veigar had an actual face, I think the tooth could actually look prety nice on him, giving him kind of an evil grin. Similarly, if she had a proud personality, I think it could reinforce that too. Basically, I think it only gives her character, not a specific one. The problem is that they gave her a happy-go-lucky personality (which was never Poppy... her father was fucking murdered) and that snaggletooth gets associated with it.
Honestly, I think Poppy's real traits should be her ponytails and her serious determination in her face. She never really had that determination that she should've had before though, and at this point with a changed identity I doubt riot would put it back in. I feel bad ;*(
: Poppy identity needs to be brought back ! (Suggestions inside)
Damn, as a Poppy main, glad to see a large part of the people giving feedback on the rework understand her. Have to agree with old q mostly because of the scaling of the ability is quite high and the aa reset has always been nice. I never cared much about waveclear on Poppy anyway because that was simply a small weakness of hers. I hate her new ultimate more than anything, and it's sad to see she's trying to be made into a peel tank. I don't really care too much about physical vs magic damage, but adding ap ratios won't hurt anybody and magic damage wouldn't really hurt her. Yeah I literally agree with everything you say. I was thinking of making her ult similar to how it is (because riot prolly won't fully change it) and it'll act like a tap even when charging, but it'll create terrain for you to slam into. It's a pretty trash idea but I kinda like it and it would be better than what we have now and riot could use the same art.
: Hecarim's Passive
I think they should buff the ad for ms tremendously, but also make sure that homeguard doesn't actually affect this bonus to allow him to feel good about going fast.
: Could I make the suggestion where, if Poppy's passive is up, she gets a range indicator, like with Rengar's passive, or when a champion has the Rapid Firecannon item? {{item:3094}} I feel like this can help with some visual clarity as to her attack range with her passive, especially a better indicator to tell when it's up or not. ~~EDIT: Also, I don't know if this is a problem with the item or Poppy, but with Sterrak's Gage equipped, it doesn't seem to be counting the bonus from it: It says it's giving me 29 extra attack, but the scalings on Q only show an extra +6 damage, and her Q should have a 65% AD Scaling right? I'm not sure if it's just a tooltip error, or if it's affecting the actual damage or not.~~ EDIT2: Alright it's apparently not a bug, I guess it doesn't count as Bonus AD for scaling purposes then. Didn't know that.
I'd honestly rather than the passive be removed. It doesn't make sense you would throw your buckler and it would do more damage than your giant hammer.
: I personally really like the snaggletooth... It's one of her few defining traits (along with her hairs)
I never was really one of her traits though :/ It's something added now that doesn't really make sense.
Rioter Comments
: To be exact, they can make these changes within 2 days inside the studio after pilling up the feedback, I am into this kind of work myself if they want to prioritize it of course. On the other hand, yes. They said that she feels not like what she is supposed to be but the game inside when you look at the champion stats it says main assassin secondary warrior, They could create at the very least the opposite which means tanky assassin like irelia. Meaning that she had to have some way to damage and be mobile at the same time of being tanky. Her signature is the hammer so why not make her use that thing, at least switch the potential to the other abilities because her ulty seems very op, some adjustments are needed on cd and of course mana, she is too mana hungry and in jungle struggles sometimes to pull abilities off. What about in lane though?... Example of Tank Assassins: Irelia, Xin-Zhao, Lee-Sin, Jax, Nocturne (if bUilt so can still assassinate). We have not many of this type but there are examples of good ones, healthy enough and ready for battle even though not too thematic. Her passive should be like a lee Q, a low cost excecutive, and instead of just bouncing and shielding only, it should also give the full cd of the passive back so she can execute multiple enemies if needed.
Yeah, I'm hoping they can make changes that will lead to this. Right now I'm thinking of an idea to make her ult always like she tapped it, but also to let the giant thing that comes up when u charge it become terrain for a short while after you use it. It would be fun to make your own wall to slam enemies into. Edit: I'd also like some duration buffs on w to allow her to stick to enemies.
Show more

The Soulforged

Level 30 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion