: Is Thornmail OP?
This is why you have AP mids. They melt the tanks with some help from you but only after you've killed others. In fact, if a tank has no DPS and / or burst with him then he either runs or dies. He may die slowly but he'll die. There is a point where you get so much lifesteal as an ADC that it doesn't matter if they have thornmail or not. You'll go very low but low is better than dead. Ultimately though the obvious thing to say is don't focus the tanks. If they engage you then back off, disengage and hope your tanks / support can pull them off you. You do no damage while kiting backwards but you do even less if you stand, fight and die.
: > [{quoted}](name=Street Waffle,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=Ho4IdEGo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-03-07T16:22:45.353+0000) > > It's how weird his right hand looks. The blade is supposed to be attached to the back of his wrist guard yet no matter what angle you view it his right hand looks so mangled. I imagine it's meant to look like the back of his hand is up against the blade or at least positioned that way but it just looks wrong. You can go into any of his skins, and any of his skins on live and they will have the same issue.
> [{quoted}](name=RockMan EXE,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=Ho4IdEGo,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-03-10T12:07:56.780+0000) > > You can go into any of his skins, and any of his skins on live and they will have the same issue. It isn't as obvious as it is with this update though and I didn't notice it until now. It's like a dead pixel on your screen. It isn't always obvious and unless you point it out most people won't see it but you know it's there and you can't avoid seeing it. Only changing it will fix it.
: Vayne needs a major nerf
Oh wow this is the best laugh I've had all day. Vayne dominates early? That's so funny! Vayne dominates nobody early given equal skill. She scales into a late game duelling nightmare but, and here's her massive weakness, all her abilities are single target. You mention Corki who has all his abilities able to hit multiple enemies, a very potent engage / disengage tool and a lot of heavy poke with his spammable ult.
: First of all, I'm addressing the version on the PBE, not live. Live is very weak. 2nd, I find Kass to not be as weak as people say, but the point I'm making with my post is not really weather or not he is in need of some more buffs, it's more on the idea that buffing his ult range is not the correct way to buff him. Is he under powered? I'm not a Kass main, I can't really be the one to make that call. I don't think he is as bad as people say but that does not mean he is not weak. But again the important part of my post is not if he needs a buff, it's if he does need a buff it should be to something that promotes counter play.
> [{quoted}](name=Thardus,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=w9AYUv6o,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-03-08T00:46:27.212+0000) > > First of all, I'm addressing the version on the PBE, not live. Live is very weak. 2nd, I find Kass to not be as weak as people say, but the point I'm making with my post is not really weather or not he is in need of some more buffs, it's more on the idea that buffing his ult range is not the correct way to buff him. Is he under powered? I'm not a Kass main, I can't really be the one to make that call. I don't think he is as bad as people say but that does not mean he is not weak. But again the important part of my post is not if he needs a buff, it's if he does need a buff it should be to something that promotes counter play. There is plenty of room for counterplay but Riot won't go that route. If it requires more than changing numbers it isn't likely to happen. 450 range is pathetic, 500 is only slightly better. 500 is the range of Lucian and Sivir's basic attacks. Every other mage class mid laner has basic attacks of around 525 with most abilities being 600+ range. Kassadin has 2 abilities he can use from range and one has to charge up. That left him with his ult to get in close for his W both as damage and to get mana back. 450 and 500 range is not even melee minion to caster minions in a lane wave. It doesn't serve as an engage tool or disengage tool and is pretty much just a "RAH! .. I'm slightly closer to you now, better watch out!"
: They have tried some lower cd ulties, but it seems like its just too hard to balance. At one point the ult had 4 sec cd at max rank, but that never made it to PBE.
> [{quoted}](name=Gorigami,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=vg5Nxp07,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-03-07T21:20:52.676+0000) > > They have tried some lower cd ulties, but it seems like its just too hard to balance. > > At one point the ult had 4 sec cd at max rank, but that never made it to PBE. I don't see why it would be hard to balance. Jayce has, effectively, 6 skills that he can use and change between very quickly. The damage from a shock blast through a gate can be as big as Nidalee spears and he has both an engage and disengage in his melee kit. Quinn has disengage with her E but Valor is full melee range. All they'd have to do is tweak some damage numbers and ratios then allow the switch to be made perhaps every 6 seconds. It would, sadly, mean the removal of Valor's 600 movement speed which I really enjoy :( Maybe give the current Quinn's ult a kill / assist cooldown reduction mechanic. Right now her ult is used either to chase / escape or execute. Rarely do you see someone use Valor for the faster attacks and full melee-only damage because she's very, very squishy.
: Dragonbuff Audio Defeats Point of Timers a bit
It's bad enough when you see it and hear it when dragon dies but I've heard it on people I can't see and that are dead. The dragon timers reward you for having vision when it dies with the full timer but when the other team grabs a sneaky dragon and you both see and hear the effect meaning you just do what you did in the past and note the time in chat. It defeats the purpose to such a degree that you may as well just give both teams the timer whether they have vision or not.
: i really like the idea with is Rift Walk, it encourages him to stay in the fight, keeps the range and mobility but makes it so he HAS to fight to keep is mobility up, i am thinking of since his ult will deal no damage maybe Buff the W actually, make it so that's his main damage source, and if he kills a marked enemy with it the cool down is reduced by 70%, but making his E have no cool down but keeping the spell charge aspect
> [{quoted}](name=Jebb,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=mrorIRpn,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-07T22:57:05.089+0000) > > i really like the idea with is Rift Walk, it encourages him to stay in the fight, keeps the range and mobility but makes it so he HAS to fight to keep is mobility up, i am thinking of since his ult will deal no damage maybe Buff the W actually, make it so that's his main damage source, and if he kills a marked enemy with it the cool down is reduced by 70%, but making his E have no cool down but keeping the spell charge aspect Since Rift Walk now gives the mana back but conditionally it can be taken off W and that leaves more options for buffing damage elsewhere. I like the interaction you have with W and E making it more rewarding for hitting full combos. A lot of people whine about Q / Null Sphere as if it makes Kassadin 100% immune to all magic damage and I really can't understand it. As it is now you get poke and shield in one even though it's low damage (180 at rank 5) and a very short lasting, low capacity shield making Kassadin the only (?) champion with 0 abilities over 200 damage at max rank. Yes, AP and scaling give more damage but the bases are never more than 180. The only reason I suggested splitting the components up is to force the choice and try and stop the whining.
: Kass
As mentioned LeBlanc, even without silence, has more than enough damage to burst someone in a second or less. Kassadin needs at least a full rotation after he's used Rift Walk (700 range version) to kill someone unless we're talking late game or very fed. LeBlanc needs very little. The fact that you can't see how poor his low damage kit is disturbs me.
: now, i know what your thinking, however the shield isn't nerfed its a buff honestly, i lowered the base because 50% of the damage dealt is much higher than just 30% of your AP, i know the damage stats are low a little but with a Marked E W combo you can do effectively 235 +30% ap +5% current mana, but feel free to give me suggestions on how this change would work for the better, im already about to edit a value or two so if you feel like it keep checking in on the post
> [{quoted}](name=Jebb,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=mrorIRpn,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-07T18:39:51.540+0000) > > now, i know what your thinking, however the shield isn't nerfed its a buff honestly, i lowered the base because 50% of the damage dealt is much higher than just 30% of your AP, i know the damage stats are low a little but with a Marked E W combo you can do effectively 235 +30% ap +5% current mana, but feel free to give me suggestions on how this change would work for the better, im already about to edit a value or two so if you feel like it keep checking in on the post A lot of people have their own ideas for reworks and personally I have a few myself. Q - Null Sphere / Null Shield - numbers I won't pick because I'm an ideas person (a stubborn one lol). One is self-cast only, the shield, and the other does damage and interrupts channels. This forces the choice of poking / using it to farm or holding it for your shield. They share a cooldown so it's enforced that way. R - Rift Walk - level 6 range of 500, 11 range of 600, level 16 range of 650. Remove all damage from it, put mana costs something like 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 but refund a portion of mana if a champion is hit with it. Maybe 10% (first hit) and 5% for each other champion so it caps at 40% or it'd be a bit much. That way you get more reward for using it aggressively and use far more mana trying to escape. The removal of damage means it can be placed elsewhere too.
: It takes a lot of people to do a rework, not just on the champion update team. You need art sound and tec. Yes you can have dedicated people for each of these, but it's still a lot of work.
> [{quoted}](name=Thardus,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=zcj9NZvx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-07T19:28:21.370+0000) > > It takes a lot of people to do a rework, not just on the champion update team. You need art sound and tec. Yes you can have dedicated people for each of these, but it's still a lot of work. In the long term yes I know there's a lot of work needed but in the short term nothing prohibits experimental stuff that sticks with existing assets. The Mandrake ward uses Maokai's saplings while they work on the eventual assets and is the best example I can think of right now. If the team really is small or so busy that new assets are hard to do then that's fine but it doesn't stop them experimenting with existing things. At least then you'd see changes that aren't just "let's take 10 damage off here" and know that actual longer term fixes will come.
: My one Issue with Kassadin VU
It's how weird his right hand looks. The blade is supposed to be attached to the back of his wrist guard yet no matter what angle you view it his right hand looks so mangled. I imagine it's meant to look like the back of his hand is up against the blade or at least positioned that way but it just looks wrong.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jebb,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=mrorIRpn,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-03-07T07:39:18.117+0000) > > think of it more as a single target burst, in the middle of a team fight your stun and mark will be up all the time, and with the range added back to the jump and a beefier shield > i say it suits him, but if you think an abilty shuld be better lmk Do you honestly think, by making Riftwalk deal 0 damage, increasing its range and adding a small slow, nerfing his E by 0/15/30/45/50, nerfing his Q shield, and nerfing his W, is going to help Kassadin, I have no idea of what you are thinking, this will kill Kassadin, to the point where he's at Urgots level, no one plays him.
> [{quoted}](name=KappaKatPBE,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=mrorIRpn,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2015-03-07T11:34:10.690+0000) > > Do you honestly think, by making Riftwalk deal 0 damage, increasing its range and adding a small slow, nerfing his E by 0/15/30/45/50, nerfing his Q shield, and nerfing his W, is going to help Kassadin, I have no idea of what you are thinking, this will kill Kassadin, to the point where he's at Urgots level, no one plays him. Want to know the sad thing? I've seen more people play Urgot lately than Kassadin. In fact I'm the only person I've seen play Kassadin.
: In his older model he stood very straight up In this new model he seems to slouch and walks somewhat strange
> [{quoted}](name=ShivaPain,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=I1LQ4jcg,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-03-07T10:26:29.040+0000) > > In his older model he stood very straight up > In this new model he seems to slouch and walks somewhat strange Yep! The simple act of ~~walking~~ moving forward causes him to lurch forward. That and the limp effect looks just sloppy. I have no doubt at all that it will still get pushed out this way because that's how things get done.
: Perhaps they should stop pushing out new champs and focus on revamping the old ones that are almost unplayable?
> [{quoted}](name=XiaoProblem,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=zcj9NZvx,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-03-06T22:32:02.171+0000) > > Perhaps they should stop pushing out new champs and focus on revamping the old ones that are almost unplayable? Perhaps but you know that is never going to happen. Look how long it took to relaunch Sion and that was 1 champion. There is always talk of who they'd like to work on but if Sion was the best part of a year and there are numerous champions like him then an average rework is going to take them 6 months. It makes you wonder just how big the staff are on the big things like that compared to the skins team or live production team. You might have a company with 1k employees but if you only have 10 working on champion updates it doesn't matter.
: Honestly I feel like he's coming pretty close to a good position. With a 2 sec CD on the ult at lvl 16 he's incredibly mobile already, especially the jungle. They just need to buff the range with about 50 or so, because it still feels useless when fighting in a lane, but no more than that or else he will fall back into the perma ban category.
> [{quoted}](name=MaceAxe,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=zcj9NZvx,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2015-03-06T18:28:18.788+0000) > > Honestly I feel like he's coming pretty close to a good position. With a 2 sec CD on the ult at lvl 16 he's incredibly mobile already, especially the jungle. They just need to buff the range with about 50 or so, because it still feels useless when fighting in a lane, but no more than that or else he will fall back into the perma ban category. This is the big myth that bothers me a lot because it's spreading misinformation. He has not been permanently banned in any pro league for quite a while. The last time he was close to it was around 5 nerfs back when he had higher damage on his Q and W, higher shield on Q, lower cooldown on W and the higher duration E slow. He isn't even 70% pick or ban on 5.3 and has a lower win rate than Lissandra (!) and many others. This is with 700 range Rift Walk too.
: The current Kass changes actually give him more mobility than before. Also, with a Rod of Ages and Seraph's Embrace, the maxed out mana cost is low enough that using his W on a champion will refund enough mana to let him use it again.
> [{quoted}](name=Its Da PBE,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=zcj9NZvx,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-03-06T02:15:10.321+0000) > > The current Kass changes actually give him more mobility than before. Also, with a Rod of Ages and Seraph's Embrace, the maxed out mana cost is low enough that using his W on a champion will refund enough mana to let him use it again. If you build Seraph's on Kassadin you're playing him all wrong. The changes may give him the ability to use Rift Walk more often with mana costs being lower but then aren't we just back to the same issue? Low cooldown ult, shorter range sure but can be used almost every second with even a little CDR. Instead of the old "damn I can't catch him" now it's "I caught him! ... oh he got a bit further away... and again... " There are two ideas I've seen floating around quite often and both would work a lot better than the current changes. A charge based ult similar to Akali's ult. Range increased based on rank of ult. If PBE is for testing experimental things then why not go for something like this and see how it turns out? Yes it's more work than just changing numbers but if it stops you having to kill champions with nerf after nerf isn't it worthwhile?
: Yes dives need to be super risky. Too many champs can get off scot free because the turret takes a second+ to start attacking when the diver has already cast everything that will kill me. It's rediculous that turrets aren't a threat anymore. the only thing they can do is not die very fast to pure tanks who even then can just sit under them for around 20+ shots.
> [{quoted}](name=TheAceInShades,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=fk3Ko3B8,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-03-04T05:02:34.857+0000) > > Yes dives need to be super risky. Too many champs can get off scot free because the turret takes a second+ to start attacking when the diver has already cast everything that will kill me. This is the biggest annoyance I have with turrets. The fact that they take a moment to think about attacking then start to attack but by the time they eventually do attack the person has either killed you or done a lot of damage to you. I really, really dislike that a tanky champion can hit you once to get turret aggro then the high damage will burst you without the turret switching target because they didn't attack you first. In their current state they just feel like a short stop between you and death with the only real risk being if you're already low health and trying to chase someone under their own turret. Turrets need buffs or much smarter targetting. They don't need reduced survivability in a game where they can be taken down in a few seconds.
: Can we fix Kassadins Walk/Run animation?
You are no doubt talking about how it looks like he's walking / limp walking while floating and how he pops off the ground, regardless of previous position, when you issue a new move command. I don't like that he's doing a walk animation while floating, the floating is very apparent whereas before it wasn't definite and just looked like a skirt. It also has a problem where the animation is not smooth and like a slightly less obvious Sion limp. I'd prefer no walking if he's meant to be floating because that's just stupid but if he must then can we at least have him walking and not limping?
: Kassadin
PBE isn't for testing changes that might work better than Riot have planned. It's for showing you how badly they will kill a champion you like or showing off new skins to test for bugs. Sometimes I really do wish they would (could?) be a lot more experimental with changes. Never mind that animations don't match just get the basics figured out and then worry about cosmetic fixes later if it's a line they want to pursue. Right now it just feels like anything thrown on there is what they want with no room for changing it beyond scrapping it entirely.
: Health and mana bar missing
For some reason when this happened to me I checked what it might be and noticed HUD Animations was unchecked. After I checked it the bars reappeared. I didn't change anything to make them disappear and haven't played on PBE since then.
: http://youtu.be/1JhBXUB4BIw There is one huge problem I see with Bard and that is his infinite Magic Journey spell. I have uploaded the video just for demonstration purposes of what I'm talking about. The potential of this spell is just way too big. **A single spell** can move 10 people. That's not the problem though, it's something else: A huge factor that decides whether a team wins or loses a teamfight is vision and the environment. If you play around a huge amount of your allied Teemo's shrooms and also have a ton of vision, the enemy team will have a hard time fighting you. Now the thing is, Bard shows up and can magically move the whole teamfight from one place to a totally different one. Not move it a few meters, not from one wall to another, **to an entirely different place**. Imagine team A contesting Baron. If someone from team B comes to scout, he risks dying really fast. Sure, LeBlanc can jump over a wall or two, Ahri got her dashes and flash is (most of the time) an option to escape too. Now imagine the same situation with Bard: He scouts Baron and is tanky. Whenever you turn to attack him, he just uses his Magic Journey to make a 9000 range escape. If your team follows, you might get trapped really bad. If you don't, Bard can just pick up some heal plants at the end of his tunnel and go back there, due to the low cooldown of the spell. It puts him into an untouchable position due to a spell that requires a disproportionate amount of counterplay to actually deal with. I agree on the fact that this spell might compensate his other weak spells, but imo you should try to balance every single spell instead of having a weak champion with that one op spell.
> [{quoted}](name=omg they want me,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=5fJaP4YL,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-02-27T18:36:24.910+0000) > > > Imagine team A contesting Baron. If someone from team B comes to scout, he risks dying really fast. Sure, LeBlanc can jump over a wall or two, Ahri got her dashes and flash is (most of the time) an option to escape too. Now imagine the same situation with Bard: > He scouts Baron and is tanky. Whenever you turn to attack him, he just uses his Magic Journey to make a 9000 range escape. If your team follows, you might get trapped really bad. If you don't, Bard can just pick up some heal plants at the end of his tunnel and go back there, due to the low cooldown of the spell. > It puts him into an untouchable position due to a spell that requires a disproportionate amount of counterplay to actually deal with. > > > I agree on the fact that this spell might compensate his other weak spells, but imo you should try to balance every single spell instead of having a weak champion with that one op spell. Kassadin got nerfed. There is no longer a mobile threat so here, let's bring in a champion that can move an entire team across the map :D The trade is supposed to be that enemies can also use the tunnel but the tunnels are one-way! To make it a really fair trade for the power it should be usable by enemies in either direction. That way if Bard uses a tunnel in the wrong place he not only risks leading his team into a trap but also risks letting the other team come through before Bard's team is ready. I've only played with Bard a tiny bit and while I can see him being used as a purely roaming support because of the need to pick up Meeps it still seems a bit too easy to move an entire team through distances Kassadin could only dream of before this last nerf.
: About the Kassadin VU
The issue for me isn't that he's floating. I don't mind if he's floating (he did take the void into himself after all!) it's the fact that he sort of bobs along the ground like he's walking while floating. It looks kinda silly too because the animation isn't smooth and makes it look like he's hobbling similar to Sion. Hobblefloatwalk.
: For Kassadin, wouldn't it be really simple if they just increased the range per level in his R. level 6- 400 range level 11-500 range level 16- 600 range He is a champ built for late game; therefore, he deserves to have that strong range in late game while only have very short range early game. I think this would solve all of his issues without having to change any part of his kit at all. They could even adjust the damage in his ult the same way. Make early game weaker and either keep the late game damage the same or increase it.
> [{quoted}](name=King Puddin,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=3iqAazKQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-02-27T17:37:44.290+0000) > > For Kassadin, wouldn't it be really simple if they just increased the range per level in his R. > > level 6- 400 range > level 11-500 range > level 16- 600 range > > He is a champ built for late game; therefore, he deserves to have that strong range in late game while only have very short range early game. I think this would solve all of his issues without having to change any part of his kit at all. They could even adjust the damage in his ult the same way. Make early game weaker and either keep the late game damage the same or increase it. Wouldn't it be really simple? Yes. Would it be Riot? No. Far better to nerf him to unplayable levels and maybe think about trying to rework him fully in a year or two. Look how long it took them to rework one champion, Sion, as an example. For a company with such a large amount of players with a lot that pay for skins I'm kinda amazed it takes so long to do one rework with apparently no scope for more than one project at a time. They have multiple people working on skins but it seems the bigger projects are part of a much smaller team. I'd really love if they gave a full and detailed update that explains just why it takes 6 months - 1 year to rework 1 champion.
: The DJ Sona Music is annoying
Er.. don't you have to turn it on every game? I've had to do that so far and if so then you're complaining for a very odd reason.
: Kassadin Brainstorm
I'm not sure why you've been downvoted.. perhaps another Kassadin hater. Of the few ideas you offered I kinda like the idea of changing the charge system of Force Pulse to Rift Walk but with a twist. 3 charges - 450 range 5 charges - 600 range 7 charges - 700 range That gives him players the choice of using Rift Walk with only 3 charges to get into range to finish someone off or wait for a longer range. In general play the swirling void energy could be used to show charge status. No energy? No Rift Walk available. Current swirl - 3 charges. Brigther and more energetic swirl - 5 charges. Finally at 7 stacks it would have a little extra touch to it, perhaps a small lightning arc across his body. Level 6 he starts with 3 charges. Level 11 he gains 3 charges. Level 16 he gains another 3 charges. This way it'd give that power spike of hitting new ultimate ranks and allow what every other champion has in one form or another - a chance to get the kill just as you hit 6 before your enemy does. A slight variation on that would be giving his base Rift Walk 450 range then charges apply additional range. 4 - 600 range, 7 - 700 range. Out of the two I prefer this one because he always has the Rift Limp available but to go further requires abilities used like Force Pulse currently does. The more likely of the two would be it relying all on charges. It lets people have their precious nerfs of "too OP!" for a short cooldown 'Flash' ult because they would be responsible for giving him the charges as he can't spam abilities super fast to charge it up constantly. However, such a change would have to result in more damage elsewhere in his kit. Scaling is fine but ultimately has people whine about him being unstoppable (if only!) late game or when fed (who isn't hard to stop in that situation though?). I'd prefer weaker scaling on his abilities but higher bases so it's a pretty even scale instead of being weak, less weak, painful, deadly. Unfortunately, Riot seem to have set their minds on the current status as how Kassadin should be. Whiners got what they wanted, Riot ignored every bit of feedback on here and shoved it live within a week of it being on PBE. No other changes go through that fast in general it's almost like someone has an agenda against all assassins unless you're the 'healthy assassin' Zed or the jungle favourite son Lee Sin.
: He needs a new voiceover. Like... press ctrl-1. His only joke is the one about silencing his mother. This is too outdated. Half his dialogue is just a pinch too mumbly too. He didn't get anywhere near as much updating as Tristana, even though he's just as outdated as she was. Maokai didn't need that much updating so his VU was just the right amount of difference to bring him up to today's standards, but this VU does not accomplish that. His walking animations still look rough. The server went down before I could get that far in my testing, but it doesn't look like he has new run_haste animations. As for the color scheme, he could use a more varied pallette. I disagree that he needs to be ""darker"" but he does need a more interesting color scheme. I'd say he needs a VU more on par with Karthus.
> [{quoted}](name=CarnicorePBE,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iRWh0IAh,comment-id=000b00010004,timestamp=2015-02-25T02:24:50.217+0000) > > He needs a new voiceover. Like... press ctrl-1. His only joke is the one about silencing his mother. This is too outdated. Half his dialogue is just a pinch too mumbly too. He didn't get anywhere near as much updating as Tristana, even though he's just as outdated as she was. Maokai didn't need that much updating so his VU was just the right amount of difference to bring him up to today's standards, but this VU does not accomplish that. > > His walking animations still look rough. The server went down before I could get that far in my testing, but it doesn't look like he has new run_haste animations. > > As for the color scheme, he could use a more varied pallette. I disagree that he needs to be ""darker"" but he does need a more interesting color scheme. > > I'd say he needs a VU more on par with Karthus. I didn't see a faster movement speed animation. Base 345 and then used Ghost with no difference in his odd "I'm falling over!" floatwalk posture.
: Harbinger Kassadin: - My first though were very enjoyable and I love the new helmet. - after playing the skin for a while I ran into some issues that Im hoping are already a WIP: 1. His particle effects show no difference from any of his skins (even his sword arm isn't red unless you use W). - Harbinger is kassadins best skin IMO and should show some kind of significance in its particles. With a red and black Darth Vader look, he could use a red lightsaber or something less purple. 2. This skin has now backing animation (along with his other skins) which Im not sure if that's official or also a WIP but I would love to see a backing animation on such a cool champion remake considering his current motions and liveliness are so appealing. 3. The skin felt almost unpolished and might need some texture touch ups here and there. His arms/skin are a very odd pale yellowish/green that is too contrasting and bright IMO. Really can't wait to see how Riot handles this and any feedback or questions are welcome! (Im very excited as a Kassadin player)
> [{quoted}](name=mynameissoft,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iRWh0IAh,comment-id=0036,timestamp=2015-02-25T02:00:32.229+0000) > > Harbinger Kassadin: > > - My first though were very enjoyable and I love the new helmet. > - after playing the skin for a while I ran into some issues that Im hoping are already a WIP: > > 1. His particle effects show no difference from any of his skins (even his sword arm isn't red unless you use W). > - Harbinger is kassadins best skin IMO and should show some kind of significance in its particles. With a red and black Darth Vader look, he could use a red lightsaber or something less purple. > > 2. This skin has now backing animation (along with his other skins) which Im not sure if that's official or also a WIP but I would love to see a backing animation on such a cool champion remake considering his current motions and liveliness are so appealing. > > 3. The skin felt almost unpolished and might need some texture touch ups here and there. His arms/skin are a very odd pale yellowish/green that is too contrasting and bright IMO. > > Really can't wait to see how Riot handles this and any feedback or questions are welcome! (Im very excited as a Kassadin player) Did you not notice his Nether Blade / W take half a second to fully colour? I mentioned it earlier but nobody else has so I don't know if it's just me and you are the last I see mentioning the skin it happened with.
: I think the Riftwalk (R) change is Kassadin's death. Maybe for the balance Riot could buff his Force Pulse (E). "Upon reaching 6 charges, Kassadin gains the ability to cast Force Pulse." to "Upon reaching ( ̶6̶ to 5) charges, Kassadin gains the ability to cast Force Pulse." or just keep the range and higher the cooldown. Cooldown: ( ̶̶7̶̶ ̶̶/̶̶ ̶̶5̶̶ ̶̶/̶̶ ̶̶3̶ to 10 / 9 / 8) his mobility isn't that good anymore but it is still more than a {{summoner:4}} {{champion:38}}
> [{quoted}](name=lifesgod,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=zHWEnzTd,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-02-22T09:04:17.490+0000) > > I think the Riftwalk (R) change is Kassadin's death. Maybe for the balance Riot could buff his Force Pulse (E). > "Upon reaching 6 charges, Kassadin gains the ability to cast Force Pulse." to > > "Upon reaching ( ̶6̶ to 5) charges, Kassadin gains the ability to cast Force Pulse." > > or just keep the range and higher the cooldown. > > Cooldown: ( ̶̶7̶̶ ̶̶/̶̶ ̶̶5̶̶ ̶̶/̶̶ ̶̶3̶ to 10 / 9 / 8) his mobility isn't that good anymore but it is still more than a {{summoner:4}} {{champion:38}} His old E used to work on *4* charges. To even come close to making this 'ult' work they would have to give him massive damage boosts to at least two abilities OR lower the cooldown and boost the damage of at least one ability. This is never going to be a "until we rework" deal. It's "we can't be bothered so we're making him a non-issue by making him not worth picking".
: Kassadin Voidwalks in!
Alright here are my initial thoughts after playing. I've used all the Kassadin skins at this point. I put two links to small video clips showing small issues. If anyone has suggestions for a site to use where I can embed them here (they're less than 10 seconds but over 6) I'll do that. **Animation** * I like a lot of what I see and his attacks feels better than a basic flick of the wrist which is what he has for his basic attacks right now. However, some animations feel weird for the following reasons. * He floats now but still has a semi-walking animation. It should be one or the other because it just looks silly to me that he's essentially walking while floating. * His melee animation looks wrong. The giant wind-up makes it feel like he should be wielding a giant sword like Garen's rather than his short Nether Blade. It almost looks like he's backhanding his target and while that'd be really funny I don't think it's intended. * His laugh animation is timed wrong for the audio clips. Two almost fit but he also has a laugh clip that's basically a short chuckle and it plays a lot shorter than the animation. * The taunt animation is far longer than the audio clip. * When you start moving there is a feeling that Kassadin hops the first step before doing his floatwalk. From idle he pops up off the ground a little before he starts moving. It looks really odd. It looks as though any movement sets him on the ground before he starts moving regardless of idle animation position (floating, semi-floating, on the ground). * Is there a reason why, when moving, it looks like he's leaning so far forward? It makes it look like he's almost going to topple over and isn't related to movement speed. I know some champions change stance based on how fast they go but this isn't that as it happens at his base 345 speed. **Visuals** * In the massive Summoner's Rift update there was so much talk of visual clarity which basically turned out to be flattening the map colours and in turn all champion's textures. I feel like the Classic, Festival Kassadin and Harbinger skins are just too flat. Harbinger I could see being a very matt and flat colour but Festival and his Classic skin don't pop as much as they used to. He looks dull. * Harbinger Kassadin has a bug with Nether Blade where [it doesn't change colour fully after activation ](http://www.r4wr.co.uk/lol/bladeharb.mp4)and takes about half a second to fully change. It looks to be the rear section of the blade and no other skin has shown this happening for me. * All skins have a small bug with the pipes / tubes on his chest. The chest tubes moves around while he moves but when he stops the left (left from his point of view) will [pop from one spot to another](http://www.r4wr.co.uk/lol/pipemoves.mp4). It's small but noticeable as if a few animation frames are missing or skipped. This happens almost at the end of the video.
: Undo litteraly means at the time u purchased it takes u back to the point. This means that ur hp/mana/stats are gone back to that point. This is because its easier for RIOT to undo to the time where the stats of the items arent added yet instead of subtracing. Its kinda like system restore to a selected point in time In WINDOWS
> [{quoted}](name=eScar,realm=PBE,application-id=A4D2003433C8FCD715185A7264A9CC6FDFAD7FEF,discussion-id=EyWmlpNy,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2015-02-21T20:26:13.389+0000) > > Undo litteraly means at the time u purchased it takes u back to the point. This means that ur hp/mana/stats are gone back to that point. > This is because its easier for RIOT to undo to the time where the stats of the items arent added yet instead of subtracing. Its kinda like system restore to a selected point in time In WINDOWS Wow... so instead of doing it properly they did it quickly. My confidence in Riot continues to plummet.
: his hand looks weird. he's not even trying to hold his blade. is it supposed to be this way? http://i.imgur.com/1CgCMHQ.png
> [{quoted}](name=Daftex,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iRWh0IAh,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2015-02-24T22:24:35.549+0000) > > his hand looks weird. he's not even trying to hold his blade. is it supposed to be this way? > http://i.imgur.com/1CgCMHQ.png I'm pretty sure he isn't supposed to be holding it. I think of it more like a blade attached to the back of his forearm / wrist armour but it's never looked that way on his old model.
: I don't really understand the complaints. They did EXACTLY what they Promised to do: Upgrade his Models and Textures. They said they weren't Giving him a Sion Treatment, But an Alistar/Singed Treatment. So, again, they did EXACTLY What they said they would. What are all the complaints about? That they didn't do more? Sorta Selfish, don'tcha think?
> [{quoted}](name=Njord Odinson,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iRWh0IAh,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2015-02-24T21:12:09.925+0000) > > I don't really understand the complaints. They did EXACTLY what they Promised to do: Upgrade his Models and Textures. They said they weren't Giving him a Sion Treatment, But an Alistar/Singed Treatment. > > So, again, they did EXACTLY What they said they would. What are all the complaints about? That they didn't do more? Sorta Selfish, don'tcha think? They are asking for opinions for changes on PBE. People are giving their opinions and thoughts based on what they see. How is that selfish? It's ok to say they're disappointed just as it's ok to say they're happy with the result.
: It's designed like this. They confirmed it a while back. It brings u back to the point where u bought the item, so if you bought an item when you were half hp and you press undo, it'll bring u back to half hp
> [{quoted}](name=OrganicWater,realm=PBE,application-id=A4D2003433C8FCD715185A7264A9CC6FDFAD7FEF,discussion-id=EyWmlpNy,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-02-21T15:42:01.969+0000) > > It's designed like this. They confirmed it a while back. It brings u back to the point where u bought the item, so if you bought an item when you were half hp and you press undo, it'll bring u back to half hp Designed like this? What reason was given for essentially sending your HP total back a few seconds making you waste more time at spawn?
: Kassadin Ult Feedback
Looking at most recent LCS matches here is a list of champions that you will likely see in all games. There are a few outside picks but in every game you will see at least one of these champions. J4, Gnar, Rek'Sai, Corki, Graves, Xerath, Lissandra, Lee Sin, Ezreal, Nidalee, Janna, Rumble, Morgana. These are also popular but don't feel overbearing to me compared to the previous lot. Irelia, Sivir, Ahri, Sion, Kassadin, Vi, Annie, Thresh. Only one has a significant nerf in testing that will gut him, another has a little tap on the wrist. What about the rest? Nothing. More 'balancing' from the awful balance team. 4x top 5x mid lane 5 x junglers (Nidalee being 5) 3x ADC 4x support I didn't count the flexible picks in their other roles because the point here is that this is showing just how little variety there is in pro play. All nerfs are done with regard to pro play because they can best abuse any powerful champions. 21 champions that are used in the majority of games. I'd count at least 8 of those as dominating in their roles compared to alternatives. The rest can be powerful but largely depend on team composition, team communication and the items they end up with. Where are the nerfs to Gnar? He has %hp on a basic ability. Graves has high burst with almost no warning. Xerath can clear wave after wave with little trouble. Corki has a lot of poke with mixed damage and a gap closer / escape. Lee Sin is Lee Sin. I'm not asking for nerfs to all of these I'm just doing what is done with Kassadin and only pointing out the part of their kit that makes them worth picking. I also find it really funny how so many new champions of huge mobility as well as plenty of old champions yet the one with the potential to chase them down is the offender because "it's a short duration flash" yeah and he has no high damage ability, no % skill, no execute skill. It's stupid.
: Nocturne's ult does not launch to enemy champion
I'm gonna ask what someone else would eventually. If you're in range when you use his ult did you then use the second cast to dash to the enemy? I know it's a bit silly asking but it caught me off guard long ago when I first played Nocturne.
: The problem with Kass is he has so much control of a fight that the enemy does not really have anything they can do to him. He can get in and out and deal a massive amount of DMG while doing it, and in a lot of cases there is nothing an enemy can respond with. This will do a lot to gut Kass as he is now, but what he is now is a unhealthy, low counter play unfun champ to play against. By lowering his range they will be able to make him more of a close range moble assassin that you can play around. By doing this Riot will be able to support this way of playing him more, giving him more DMG or what ever he needs, but doing it in a healthy way.
No he really doesn't deal a massive amount of damage. Not unless he's very fed (your fault / your team's fault) or it's late game and as I keep saying in late game an ADC can kill you in 3 auto attacks yet the fact that Kassadin can kill people with damage is somehow not allowed. Any other mid laner can blow you up just as fast, a damage heavy jungler can but oh no, not Kassadin! Seriously. Stop with the FUD.
: Kassadin Ult Feedback
I saw the change and like other Kassadin fans couldn't stop shaking my head. I was going to post a list of other champion's gap closers but PanzerTier already did it for his main area - assassins. He already gets bullied hard in lane to try and keep him down and while he can farm relatively safely that doesn't justify the systematic nerf after nerf he's received since his rework. Some buffs were given and then taken away (rightly so) but then the nerfs kept coming. I find it funny that in a game where mobility is constantly increasing with almost every new champion (Kalista, Rek'Sai prime examples) the anti-mage assassin with the ability to chase these champions down is being crippled. If you really want to smack Rift Walk hard then give it a longer cooldown that can ONLY be reduced by hitting a champion. That way he can escape but not as easily and is rewarded for aggressive, risky play. Riot love to throw the "risk vs reward" idea out and this would fit in. The old Rift Walk refunded mana for hitting champions but since Nether Blade does that now we could use the mechanic on Rift Walk. How about 10 / 8 / 6 for normal cooldowns with maybe 30% reduction for hitting a champion? The reduction would only count 1 champion even if you hit the whole team or he'd just be popping all over within a second. It would need more thought than just a quick idea like this but it's a start. This range nerf with the frankly tiny 'compensation' buff is just too far in my opinion. I often joke that each nerf Kassadin gets brings him closer to being a glorified mobile ward but now he won't even have that with this change.
: I can't buy dj sona
Click where I highlighted in this image. http://i.imgur.com/ES3z7RQ.jpg
Rioter Comments

Street Waffle

Level 30 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion