: the goal here is quite the opposite. while this isn't a full rework and won't fix every gameplay issue she has, the goal is that these changes will allow akali to be played/enjoyed more than she is currently without the looming fear of being quickly nerfed if she threatens to become a common pick. if you believe that these changes won't be hitting that mark, i'm curious to know what specific things you feel are contributing to the notion of us 'guttering' her.
I'll start this by saying the perfect chang would have been allowing E to proc Q once more and leaving it at that! ok so i have a couple concerns and i will try to flesh them out as much as possible but still don't think ill be able to hit what i'm aiming for. Passive: there are a couple things with the passive that i think are intended and a few that aren't intended. I can see that the design team doesn't like the idea of the tank top Akali build or so it seems with the passive changes. This build has been more popular in past months and has dropped off lately with some itemization changes and meta changes. This build relied on the passive to stay in fights and outlast the enemy. At the same time though because you put the passive heal on an AD ratio rather than a spell vamp are you worried about the possibility of a juggernaut build on akali rather than the utility tank build that has popped up. ***is the intent with this to steer Akali into the option of taking an AD over AP build?*** building akali as a tank now seems much more appealing rather than building her assassin, which i find strange since this is an assassin update. if the passive were to be used as i think it's intended it would require an assassin akali to stay in combat and use consecutive strikes to proc the second part of the passive to apply the large AP damage burst. I don't know if i'm right but this just feels counter intuitive to an assassin. I understand the interaction here but it feels backwards. maybe switching the order of the passive procs would fix this? I'll have to play a few games to really figure out builds and see how this passive is meant to work, **BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S GOING TO WORK THE INTENDED WAY**. you are hurting the assassin aspect and encouraging the tank/juggernaut aspect. W changes: while i think the blink is a cool idea the nerf to duration takes some of the strategy that akali players like to use. often i find myself using the W to make the enemy outplay themselves. while playing akali i know what i want to do with the W but opponents often don't know what to do when the W is used. So many times I have seen a jungle outplay himself because they wait for an akali to exit the shroud and position themselves poorly, or they wait and that 8 seconds is just long enough to allow a counter gank to happen. by shortening the duration of the shroud it takes away that tense period for an opponent where they don't know what the enemy akali is planning. TL;DR passive is going to force akali into a juggernaut/tank build W change: takes away some of the slippery deceptive ninjaness also RITO PLS.... while writing this i might have convinced myself it's not as bad as I initially thought.
: The hook for Talon was supposed to be nearly unrestricted map mobility, so we wanted to start with it pushed as far as possible! Keeping the mana cost addition in the pocket in case he becomes too much of a snowball champion. It's definitely an option
on a side note, with having a zero cost on it right now i feel like this will push him out of lane and right into the jungle, rake with his e makes him perfect for the jungle despite not having much sustain. other champions found ways into the jungle with no sustain and i feel like talon will too
: [Assassins] - Mini Updates Discussion
The Akali changes seems like overall nerfs to put her in the gutter until you fully rework her. I know you probably wouldn't admit that, but that's how these changes feel. making champions less attractive until is not a bandage for a champions greater issues. I feel like it would have been better to just leave Akali until her full rework.
: [Assassins] Talon feedback thread
Don't you think you should put a mana cost on his E to make his decision making on pathing more meaningful?
: Correct me if I'm wrong, but your passive charges while you Drain, so after it finishes, you get the speed buff.
: MYMU Annie, Fiddle, Veigar Discussion
{{champion:9}} No More Chain Drain, well i guess while you wait for drain to cool down you can stand still then try to run away (if somehow you live standing there to get your passive)
: I understand what was the thought behind fiddle's new passive, but I think they completely missed the mark on his new passive. My guess is the thoughts behind this change where finding a way for Fiddlesticks to catch people with a fear after a drain, or after standing in a bust and more so to get fiddlesticks in range after casting crowstorm. These seem like good ideas but in reality this new passive hurts fiddle a lot more than you may think. Fiddlesticks current form of dread lowers resistances by 10 after casting an ability on an enemy. This is often seen as problematic because early on that 10 lower magic resistance doesn't help fiddle in the jungle and late game doesn't offer much to his team. where this current passive has it's advantage is in lane, as either support or mid(rare). Again though as a game progresses this passive falls off greatly. Overall this passive helps Fiddle's overall damage output which is pretty poor to begin with. This new passive once again has little to no use in the jungle while also lacking the early power the current passive has. In late game this new passive is useless because a fiddle will have the tools to help crowstorm engage(flash, Frostqueens, rylais, new ap dash item) Riot has effectively found a way to nerf Fiddlesticks once again, while thinking they were helping him (the story of Fiddle). I'm not sure what his passive should be exactly, but i believe it needs to fit his theme of fear. perhaps a passive that grants an additional shorter .5 second fear after a certain amount of abilities cast. imagine casting 4 abilities and the 5th grants that ability a fear, now imagine that ability is crowstorm. You have now given the engage to fiddle that is meaningful but not reliable, useful in the jungle, helpful in ganks and 1v1 situations, while preserving his Q fear as a more reliable longer lasting form of CC.
Also taking away chain drain? do you expect fiddle to kill his enemies with auto attacks while he waits for drains cooldown. Chain Drain was his primary form of damage. Heck he can barely fight anyone while being able to chain his drains, what is he going to do when he can't? you want him to stand still then run away? Why do you hate Fiddlesticks so much?
: > [{quoted}](name=emadbaig91,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=4grOkEhn,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-04-20T00:06:32.768+0000) > > For Fiddlesticks I essentially see a nerf to his fear, MR reduction aura removal and forced interval between drains in exchange for a slight buff to his ability to position better once he ults. > > While the changes that might be considered buffs are nice to players unfamiliar with Fiddlesticks, as an experienced player of the champion I feel like players don't benefit from this change nearly as much as they have already adapted their style to playing around timing WHEN to ult. > > As a former Fiddlesticks main I feel like my ult positioning should be about MY innate timing (...something something "separates the good Fiddlesticks from the great"). I feel like I'm essentially losing damage and CC output in exchange for positioning tools which experienced Fiddlesticks players, honestly, don't need as much. Basically this, sums the changes up perfectly. Fiddle is going to see a nerf to his CC both in the range on his fear and the fact that his silence will now jump to targets that haven't been hit (or, as I read it, jump to that nearby minion wave and get wasted) are both huge CC nerfs. He's losing damage based on losing his previous passive (which, don't get me wrong, was a very "hidden power" type of thing) and he's not going to be able to chain Drains any more for taking objectives like dragon in the early game. Honestly, the only actual thing he gains from this is the "on the way" ping from using his ultimate to communicate with his team better, and other than that it looks like extreme nerfs unless he's being given damage somewhere in the kit as well.
Let's just face it, Riot is trying to shelve fiddle my making it so no one wants to play him. RIP FIddlesticks
: MYMU Annie, Fiddle, Veigar Discussion
I understand what was the thought behind fiddle's new passive, but I think they completely missed the mark on his new passive. My guess is the thoughts behind this change where finding a way for Fiddlesticks to catch people with a fear after a drain, or after standing in a bust and more so to get fiddlesticks in range after casting crowstorm. These seem like good ideas but in reality this new passive hurts fiddle a lot more than you may think. Fiddlesticks current form of dread lowers resistances by 10 after casting an ability on an enemy. This is often seen as problematic because early on that 10 lower magic resistance doesn't help fiddle in the jungle and late game doesn't offer much to his team. where this current passive has it's advantage is in lane, as either support or mid(rare). Again though as a game progresses this passive falls off greatly. Overall this passive helps Fiddle's overall damage output which is pretty poor to begin with. This new passive once again has little to no use in the jungle while also lacking the early power the current passive has. In late game this new passive is useless because a fiddle will have the tools to help crowstorm engage(flash, Frostqueens, rylais, new ap dash item) Riot has effectively found a way to nerf Fiddlesticks once again, while thinking they were helping him (the story of Fiddle). I'm not sure what his passive should be exactly, but i believe it needs to fit his theme of fear. perhaps a passive that grants an additional shorter .5 second fear after a certain amount of abilities cast. imagine casting 4 abilities and the 5th grants that ability a fear, now imagine that ability is crowstorm. You have now given the engage to fiddle that is meaningful but not reliable, useful in the jungle, helpful in ganks and 1v1 situations, while preserving his Q fear as a more reliable longer lasting form of CC.

Crono451

Level 30 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion