: PBE update doesnt work on my client
Same issue. Came to post the same thing.
: > i disagree with your reasoning with Morrelonomicon. Even if they were to remove the GW from Morelo, the item would still be busted/problematic. What do you disagree with, then? My exact point was that the statline and buildpath are good enough that the passive doesn't matter. > The comparison to Raptors cloak is silly How? You know what's silly? Raptor Cloak :D > As for your point about there not being any real "vanguard" support items, I'd argue the new Zeke's is exactly what you are looking for. Problem with Zeke's is that you need to design a partner to use it for. There doesn't seem to be a cooldown, but if your jungler is coming from another angle, you won't be able to target him as the Conduit holder until you've already engaged with the ultimate.
> [{quoted}](name=Pyroblasty,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=Q6MhX4ql,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-02T12:37:25.976+0000) > > What do you disagree with, then? My exact point was that the statline and buildpath are good enough that the passive doesn't matter. But the thing ism you make it out as if it isn't a problem and then use it to justify making Raptors cloak similar, and with a very skewed comparison as well. > How? You know what's silly? Raptor Cloak :D =_= > > Problem with Zeke's is that you need to design a partner to use it for. Almost like it's a support item or something if it didn't have a similar such restriction, non-supports would all rush the item. >There doesn't seem to be a cooldown, but if your jungler is coming from another angle, you won't be able to target him as the Conduit holder until you've already engaged with the ultimate. Or, you could just use your ultimate defensively?
: Ga with Pickaxe, Deaths Dance with BF
the reason GA is build out of BF is to intentionally make it harder to build so tat it isn't a good rush item. Deaths Dance builds out of Pickaxe to make it easier to build into.
: Ahri Nerfs Feedback
i don't see how anyone could have that big a problem with the changes to be honest. All this really does it make it so Ahri doesn't kill you with her R and W even when she misses both Q and E, but makes it to where the enemy is punished even harder for when they DO get hit by them, separating the meh Ahri's from the great ones.
: Locket Changes
While i agree with you for the most part, i think the more hesitant approach of Riot is due to Locket not really being all that oppressive on like as is, as it was the over prevalence of Redemption and its synergy with it that made it look so powerful. The changes to Redemption now make it less of a go to combo and new Support items now look like suitable options over Locket all together, so It might actually not be that big of an issue. Again tho I do feel there is merit to the point you just brought to light tho.
: I don't think removing Rakan's ability damage would make him non-autonomous, as it's so small as to be irrelevant even now. All of his abilities still function the same regardless of whether or not they have damage, so if he's dependent on allies, it's because of his kit and not his numbers. If he does need some level of autonomous fighting power, I feel it would be better to buff his auto damage than to spread what little damage he can have across his ability set.
it does because at the end of the day, league of legend sis a game about damage, whether you are dealing or mitigating it. Without damage, you can't stop/clear a minion wave. spot to use her abilities unlike most under mages.
: Itemization Feedback Megathread [May 31st Build]
i disagree with your reasoning with Morrelonomicon. Even if they were to remove the GW from Morelo, the item would still be busted/problematic. The comparison to Raptors cloak is silly and the argument used to try and make raptors cloak more stat efficient is a stretch even within said framework. As for your point about there not being any real "vanguard" support items, I'd argue the new Zeke's is exactly what you are looking for. it even synergizes with her ultimate given how Incandescence works.
: Hey everyone, I always love seeing item changes, keeps the game interesting. Here are my thoughts: Ruby Sightstone needs to be changed. Why? The main reason that Eye's of (sightstone upgrades) got changed was because it would save an inventory slot for supports. Now we're dealing with changes like Talisman/Frost Queen/Face of the Mountain, however when building one of these items, Sightstone is not included, alternatively there's a Ruby Sightstone upgrade, but this item lacks so much and provides pretty much nothing. I'd like to see Talisman/Frost Queen/Face of the Mountain have Sightstone included to save one inventory slot as Riot already did with Eye's of the Oasis/Watchers/Equinox. OR Ruby Sightstone must be changed in where the item is worth around 2.5k and has to be universal because Ruby Sightstone right now only gives alot of hp which makes it more of a tank item. @Pyroblasty >Later in the game Relic Shield/FotM procs are hard to achieve, as your teammates clear the waves in one sweep and don't let you have any fun. Many times in early game when a melee tank walks in range of the creeps to proc the heal the support gets chunked more than than the heal provides. This annoying problem could easily be fixed by allowing your allies to be able to proc it (when nearby and hp is missing). To be quite honest I'm not sure why the item is melee only and why ranged users can't proc the item, can I get some Rioter answer this for me? >Stuff like Zeke's Herald remains unchanged and I don't know how I feel about it. This build path is a pain. Zeke's is indeed in a weird spot right now, the item is suppose to be for AP supports wanting armor and provide extra damage to bound target ally. In my opinion the 250mana adds little value and would be better if it had base mana regen, seen as though it's meant for AP supports it may aswell be build from Forbidden Idol, 2 Cloth Armor and 2 Amplifying Tome's. Since supports have to ward alot they tend to break the 1000 units really easily, therefore it would be better if the recharge time is quicker. Also the Critical Strike Chance buff is shabby because some champions have crit builds where their build already has for example 70% crit making the item less efficient, this could be solved by making the buff a flat amount of AD. As for redemption, I'd rather see the 10% cooldown reduction and 300 health on Redemption be removed and see it with more healing/shielding power, AP, more mana regen, Armor, MR, maybe give it 0.5x the passive from Spirit Visage or Ruby Sightstone (obviously not all of them but a mix of them). Since there are already too many support items that have cooldown reduction. As for the active, 2.5 seconds is too much, this should be 1.5-2.0 reason being is that alot of times allies bait themselves/go back in and die because it takes too long for the heal to drop on them. @Obi Juan PBE >One random thought I've just had on the whole Support gold/XP problem is a small gold/XP "reward" when placing wards using Sightstone/its upgrades on something like a 60 second cooldown. I've thought about this before, that it would give a small amount of xp (eventually gold). However I don't think there should be a timer at all because most of the times when I ward I place 2 or 3 at the same time as I'm already in the area, abuse could be prevented by disabling the xp (and gold) reward by disabling the reward when a ward is placed inside your own base (border would be the wall). @Limely >how do we judge the quality of vision provided >and would like to find ways to encourage effective vision play across the board Usually deep wards provide the most value, it takes more time to travel to the enemy jungle to place a ward than placing a ward in the river. Another way to judge the quality of vision could be the amount of different enemy champions it spots during it's lifetime, for example when a ward spots an enemy champion the person placing the ward gets a small reward (xp/gold), giving a reward for each enemy champion it spots with a timer of like 30 seconds per enemy champion in case the enemy champion(s) returns for a gank. >For example, some support players resent being expected to be the sole provider for vision, but at the same time other support players resented having more control taken away when we limited how many wards each player could have out. I myself used to scatter wards around like birdseed. :3 Understandably vision is and always will be a team thing, a support alone can never provide enough vision for the whole team, but seen as though supports are meant to support the team and vision control giving the team benefits it should therefore be more provided by the support. @LadyVash I agree, the hp regen on favor from ancient coin line was nice, hopefully this hp regen will be added aswell. Take care all :) Yours truly itemization god Mobafire guidemaker :^)
> [{quoted}](name=SwelteringMuffin,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=7YemAhrt,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-04-22T10:13:46.244+0000) > > Hey everyone, > > I always love seeing item changes, keeps the game interesting. Here are my thoughts: > > Ruby Sightstone needs to be changed. Why? The main reason that Eye's of (sightstone upgrades) got changed was because it would save an inventory slot for supports. Now we're dealing with changes like Talisman/Frost Queen/Face of the Mountain, however when building one of these items, Sightstone is not included, alternatively there's a Ruby Sightstone upgrade, but this item lacks so much and provides pretty much nothing. I'd like to see Talisman/Frost Queen/Face of the Mountain have Sightstone included to save one inventory slot as Riot already did with Eye's of the Oasis/Watchers/Equinox. OR Ruby Sightstone must be changed in where the item is worth around 2.5k and has to be universal because Ruby Sightstone right now only gives alot of hp which makes it more of a tank item. How would you combine Sightstone with the tier 3 Support items and have both the warding active and the items own active?
: With the rest of his kit his Q being a big 2 person heal is enough.
> [{quoted}](name=A Kindred Soul,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=ZAFH5lTG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-13T00:52:20.789+0000) > > With the rest of his kit his Q being a big 2 person heal is enough. Potentially more since its an AoE.
: Q is a big deal.. no more wave clear.. no more efficient jungle clear. His E and Q changes are pure nerfs to his clearing.. RIP blob
> [{quoted}](name=RuneScape,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=ty3qGxxB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-04-27T22:52:25.507+0000) > > Q is a big deal.. no more wave clear.. Thats what your W was for tho.
: > [{quoted}](name=Stacona,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=0vTAuuKE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-05-03T16:01:52.045+0000) > > Removing damage would be a bad idea Why tho? Does Rakan need damage to function?
While i agree with you to an extent, no champion should technically ever be 100% reliant on an ally and removing damage results in a completely non-autonomous champion.
: You max Q first, the cooldown halves from ranks 1 to 5 Removing damage would be a bad idea, have him low damage is good, Rakan is in a pretty good spot, but I would go with the range buff to Q because it does always feel like it is a tad short
No you max Q second, E is the better max because you get more shielding and Mobility and CD. All Q does is give you more CD and damage (what little it does.)
Rioter Comments
: Xayah Ultimate is not healthy.
Claiming her ultimate is not healthy with the reasons you gave is like saying Aurelion's ultimate is unhealthy for the same reasons. It is her/their 1 form of self peel/protection and they give up potential in using it defensively. Imho, it is the least frustrating part about her.
: These love birds are giving me an aneurysm
they literally don't even synergise in any real way beyond the purposefully programmed synergy effects.
: Rakan's Q feels underwhelming
Why did you remake this topic? Like i said before, I thought the same but being fair, it is fine as his least remarkable skill. if it was anymore potent i feel he would be pushed over the edge in terms of power budget. Landing it provides a heft heal and synergises well with his E.
: How does this GA work with {{champion:240}} ? He has two base healths.
> [{quoted}](name=TiltoverEnforcer,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=0049,timestamp=2017-04-07T22:38:36.066+0000) > > How does this GA work with {{champion:240}} ? He has two base healths. was there a change to GA i am not aware of because I dont see why it would work any different than live.
: I think if you're going to hit tank items that hard then items that are designed to shred tanks need to be looked at as well. The point of a tank is to be able to take the damage, but even with 4/6 items as armor the tiniest bit of lethality seems to be able to completely bypass it. I know ADCs have been complaining, but absolutely killing the viability of "meat shield" tanks is going to force everyone back to playing assassins and mages. "crit users are generally supposed to be successful at dealing damage to tanks" So let me get this straight: you want them to 1-shot squishies and tanks? Because as it is currently, if a crit user is far enough ahead there isn't enough armor items in the game to prevent them or their lethality from killing you. Without these tank item changes. I'm kinda curious: What do you expect out of the tank role? Because the line is not only very muddy, but the proposed changes feel as if they're completely disregarding the purpose of being a tank character (with or without CC). We spend all game investing in items too, so why is it that the balance is weighted more toward doing damage than soaking it? The way it is now, it's an arms race between armor items and tank items, with a full build damage dealer easily being able to bypass the defenses of a fully built tank with 0 damage items via lifesteal (defeats the purpose of thornmail). I'd actually suggest that you look to how Mages vs Tanks currently play out for direction on how AD vs Tanks should play out. Why? Because mages penetration options and anti-tank measures don't actively sabotage 90% of the items I build to the point that I shouldn't even bother. The way the damage comes out from mages has some measure of skill in avoiding. However there's nothing to avoid when there's a Zed on your face or an ADC auto-attacking you. Magic damage never gets to the point where I feel like the damage is out of control compared to the magic resist items I've purchased, similarly so that I don't feel like I can completely ignore said mage (unless they're drastically out of the game (0/11, etc). Not to mention you've completely sidestepped exactly why Guardian Angel is an issue. There are way too many characters in the game with a self-resurrect ability. Sometimes it's hard enough to pick an enemy off once, let alone 2-3 times per enemy team-member. IMO it should be unique-team, which has been a change that's been needed for a long time now. You can put AD on it, but that doesn't mean that people are going to buy it for the AD stats.
>so why is it that the balance is weighted more toward doing damage than soaking it? The game HAS to be weighted in Damage outscaling defense eventually or you end up with a never ending stallfest between who can't die. Its just something that is necessary for the game to be balanced.
: Hm, given that now the magic resistance values feel like they're quite excessive (almost all completed Magic Resistance items will give ~70 magic resistance now), are there going to be some Magic Penetration items changes? Given that now Magic Resistance gained from items will be comparable to Armor, and there's a lot more Armor Penetration/Lethality options than there is Magic Penetration (Void Staff and Sorc Shoes are kind of a must have, though Sorc Shoes are already fading away in favour of Tabis, while Liandry's is a niche item, and that's pretty much all Magic Penetration items), it would be nice to know if you guys are thinking about that.
> [{quoted}](name=Commander Sheppy,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=003b,timestamp=2017-04-07T06:57:47.720+0000) > > Hm, given that now the magic resistance values feel like they're quite excessive (almost all completed Magic Resistance items will give ~70 magic resistance now), are there going to be some Magic Penetration items changes? Given that now Magic Resistance gained from items will be comparable to Armor, and there's a lot more Armor Penetration/Lethality options than there is Magic Penetration (Void Staff and Sorc Shoes are kind of a must have, though Sorc Shoes are already fading away in favour of Tabis, while Liandry's is a niche item, and that's pretty much all Magic Penetration items), it would be nice to know if you guys are thinking about that. The reduction fo HP across the board on tank itemisation already covers for this as it makes Tank items that don't have MR less incidentally good at mitigating Magic damage.
: doesn't that kinda hurt people that don't want to invest two items into damage mitigation early though? The people that build resistance later are going to be punished far harder for it then they used to. This seems like a good change for tanks but i feel fighters also use these items and might get caught up in a bad way with them. Like for example any fighter that wants a beefy MR item. There wasn't much option before with only BV and SV, but now with the change from BV to Abissal what are people like Vi or Jarvan going to build? AD heavy fighters/tanks that don't need the heal increase from SV are kinda handicapped as both MR tank items have useless passive for what you want
> [{quoted}](name=Squ4tch,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=004100000000,timestamp=2017-04-07T13:33:17.946+0000) > > doesn't that kinda hurt people that don't want to invest two items into damage mitigation early though? The people that build resistance later are going to be punished far harder for it then they used to. This seems like a good change for tanks but i feel fighters also use these items and might get caught up in a bad way with them. Like for example any fighter that wants a beefy MR item. There wasn't much option before with only BV and SV, but now with the change from BV to Abissal what are people like Vi or Jarvan going to build? AD heavy fighters/tanks that don't need the heal increase from SV are kinda handicapped as both MR tank items have useless passive for what you want it is also intentional. Riot has been feeling Non Juggernaut fighter shave been getting too tanky than they should for the role.
: I have some worries about the new GA change. What is going to happen to the niche group that use is as a dual MR and Armour item? The only MR and Armour items left are very focused on things other than the resistances they offer. It wasn't a lot of champs but for myself i liked building GA on someone like Kled or Lee Sin after i went for (some usually heavy AD item) -> Black Cleaver -> GA. This gave me a really good bruiser style stats: a little health, a little resist of both kinds, a healthy amount of damage and then the revive passive was a wonderful touch on divers like that. Now though on people that i build more on the damage spectrum of bruiser don't have a good option for dual resistances. With everything really polarizing towards their resistances it will be hard to get away with building very little tank items early/mid game. now people need to build at least 2 tank items or risk being blown up by people of your missing resistance. Beyond GA what are your thoughts on less tank stat heavy bruisers and how they might get affected by the items?
> [{quoted}](name=Squ4tch,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=0041,timestamp=2017-04-07T12:18:44.082+0000) > > I have some worries about the new GA change. What is going to happen to the niche group that use is as a dual MR and Armour item? The only MR and Armour items left are very focused on things other than the resistances they offer. It wasn't a lot of champs but for myself i liked building GA on someone like Kled or Lee Sin after i went for (some usually heavy AD item) -> Black Cleaver -> GA. This gave me a really good bruiser style stats: a little health, a little resist of both kinds, a healthy amount of damage and then the revive passive was a wonderful touch on divers like that. Now though on people that i build more on the damage spectrum of bruiser don't have a good option for dual resistances. > > With everything really polarizing towards their resistances it will be hard to get away with building very little tank items early/mid game. now people need to build at least 2 tank items or risk being blown up by people of your missing resistance. Beyond GA what are your thoughts on less tank stat heavy bruisers and how they might get affected by the items? I think this might be intentional, as one of the goals for itemisation here is to make choosing WHICH damage type you wanna mitigate more important instead of having a general all round damage mitigation option.
: Annie is also kinda stupid in the fact that using her Q into a spell shield won't actually consume the stun, her Q needs to connect before it consumes her stun
> [{quoted}](name=Squ4tch,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=002700000000,timestamp=2017-04-07T12:05:31.505+0000) > > Annie is also kinda stupid in the fact that using her Q into a spell shield won't actually consume the stun, her Q needs to connect before it consumes her stun Wow I didn't even know that. That's so dumb , lol.
: Kassadin becomes impossible to duel as an AP.
> [{quoted}](name=Famungisaundrun,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=xfgVyqAj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-07T02:47:18.861+0000) > > Kassadin becomes impossible to duel as an AP. Fizz, Ahri, Katarina, Akali are now broken.
: The reason probably is that you can currently negate a burst mage's entire spell rotation with banshee (abyssal? and the new gargoyle probably) but can't do shit against a fed Cassiopeia with Void that also says "f#&$ your flash". Even considering it's not an everyday thing, it's pretty shitty.
> [{quoted}](name=AzrhaelGr,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=00330000,timestamp=2017-04-07T05:10:14.164+0000) > > The reason probably is that you can currently negate a burst mage's entire spell rotation with banshee (abyssal? and the new gargoyle probably) but can't do shit against a fed Cassiopeia with Void that also says "f#&$ your flash". Even considering it's not an everyday thing, it's pretty shitty. 1 teemo shroom makes you have to go Base. ;p
: Banshee's Veil and Abyssal Scepter stat swaps is unnecessarily confusing
The problem is, you can't really call Banshee's Veil Banshee's veil because the Spell Shield is tied to the name of the item.
: New Banshee's Veil could warp mid lane.
: So I just wanted to outline some of my thoughts about Rakan after playing some games on him. Kit: I'll start off by saying, Riot, I think you did a fantastic job on making his kit really fun to play. The mobility combined with the unique feeling of the champion is awesome. Well done! But I want to break it down a bit further. Q: This ability at times, feels similar to bard's q. You feel like the range should be a tad longer, but when it hits it is very satisfying to heal your ally and deal some damage. Overall I like the ability but I feel like it doesn't fit with his kit super well for one reason. He is meant to be a diver from what I understand and it seems like his E ability (the shield) is his bread and butter - and naturally what you'd want to max first - but cant because it makes way more sense to max Q during lane phase for poke and healing but then doesnt transition well into what he really wants to do which is dive the enemies. W: Over all this ability is a lot of fun to use. Good knockup duration, appropriate cooldown, appropriate mana cost. It also adds a lot to his mobility and ability to dive those juicy ADC's. E: Again this ability is great, excellent mobility and peel potential. I really like that the cool down starts ticking after you cast it and before the second cast timer runs out. It allows the cool down to sit ~20 seconds early on and not feel like you never have it available to use. Also mana costs again feel appropriate. This is the ability you'd want to naturally max first, but honestly, you cant because of what the Q provides early on. Which sucks because the Q doesnt add to the Rakan's main strength of diving. My only real negative feedback on this ability is that the range in which you can dash to allies (who aren't his feathery companion) feels pretty small sometimes. I understand this ability could get out of control if you allow a lot of extra range, but it just feels bad to play a champion who is supposed to dash around yet has to get pretty close to allies in order to do it. R: As a support main I love that his ulti can disrupt entire teams and when you successful charm 3 or 4 champs into a small area then cast W to knock them all up; you really feel the power Rakan has. That being said, I'm worried that more often than not, Rakan is going to quickly get killed by charging face first into the enemy team. If he was a top-laner or even a jungler I wouldn't be worried because he could build items to give him that tanky playstyle he needs. The reality is; he is a support. He is going to have Sightstone, control wards, locket, redemption etc in his inventory. Unfortunately he is going to get blown up so often if he tries to dive teams. The other dive heavy support is our cow-friend Alistar. His ulti provides him the utility he needs to w-q onto carries and survive. Rakan simply does not have that provided. I would rather his ult do much less damage, yet gives him added tank stats or giant shield to be able to dive without dying so quickly. Overall, he is SO much fun to play. His utility, his personality, his visuals are all fantastic. I simply believe a few tweaks or changes here and there to make him a little more durable would improve the health of his kit so so much. Let me know what you think and thank you again Riot for such a great champ.
> [{quoted}](name=HockeyPls,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iZB4AK4J,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2017-04-06T17:40:28.865+0000) > > So I just wanted to outline some of my thoughts about Rakan after playing some games on him. > Overall I like the ability but I feel like it doesn't fit with his kit super well for one reason. He is meant to be a diver from what I understand He is more of a Support assassin from my point of view. and it seems like his E ability (the shield) is his bread and butter - and naturally what you'd want to max first - but cant because it makes way more sense to max Q during lane phase for poke and healing but then doesnt transition well into what he really wants to do which is dive the enemies. Maxing Q is actually not great because it doesn't actually increase the healing The heal scales with his Level, not the rank of the spell and the damage you get from it is not worth it. Maxing E is infinitely better. I'd max Q second for the Cooldown or W second for the Damage.
: I love rakan, he feels awesome. However, I hate xayah's kit. Full disclosure I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like she offers zero utility and all of her abilities just throw more feathers. Q and R are different ways to throw them, and W works with passive to get them out faster, along with being a decent steroid. But in general, she seems really uninteresting since she doesn't do much to interact with the feathers and offering no utility historically isn't healthy for ADC's to be viable, nor does it offer all that amazing gameplay. I.E. Kog'maw, vs Jhin, both deal damage, one has utility and interesting gameplay while the other is the turret. Xayah isn't nearly as bad as kogmaw to be fair, but she still seems like there really isn't all that much too her.
> [{quoted}](name=Smagmorks,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=iZB4AK4J,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2017-04-05T05:24:18.197+0000) > However, I hate xayah's kit. Full disclosure I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like she offers zero utility and all of her abilities just throw more feathers. Her E is a high damage LARGE AoE Snare.
: So many changes to durability items, some bold and commendable - and no change at all to Ohmwrecker? This was the perfect opportunity to do something about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Pyroblasty,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2017-04-06T22:56:48.179+0000) > > So many changes to durability items, some bold and commendable - and no change at all to Ohmwrecker? > > This was the perfect opportunity to do something about it. its funny cuz its true lol
: The idea of giving a lot of defensive items lower health but more resist is kind of weird. It'll help champs that naturally get free health like Sion and Cho'Gath a lot, but... how is this supposed to help the lategame of other champions? More bonus armor isn't very useful in a world of 45% bonus armor penetration for 1300 gold. In lane it'll just mean most tanks will buy Corrupting Potion to make up for the health difference and have the extra resists synergize with the cheap health it provides, or wait to finish their items to get a little extra health on the side. It might make Warmogs or items like Righteous Glory more common in full builds. Randuins may be cheap and effective but it isn't slot efficient anymore. The crit reduction was key to making it relevant in the lategame. Most builds will probably skip it now aside from niche situations where you really need to lower attack speed.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazedMLC,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2017-04-06T23:57:14.406+0000) > > The idea of giving a lot of defensive items lower health but more resist is kind of weird. It'll help champs that naturally get free health like Sion and Cho'Gath a lot, but... how is this supposed to help the lategame of other champions? More bonus armor isn't very useful in a world of 45% bonus armor penetration for 1300 gold. In lane it'll just mean most tanks will buy Corrupting Potion to make up for the health difference and have the extra resists synergize with the cheap health it provides, or wait to finish their items to get a little extra health on the side. It might make Warmogs or items like Righteous Glory more common in full builds. > > Randuins may be cheap and effective but it isn't slot efficient anymore. The crit reduction was key to making it relevant in the lategame. Most builds will probably skip it now aside from niche situations where you really need to lower attack speed. The idea I feel is to make tank items more geared towards what you are mitigating . Health is a natural counter to damage so items with health and a defensive stat technically make you tankier for all stat types as a whole. By making them give less health and more of a certain resistance, the tank items become less general purpose.
: Banshee's changes looks honestly broken. For champions like Fizz or Annie who can't really get rid of the shield (Fizz's only ranged ability is his ult, otherwise he has to get too close, Annie needs to keep her stun up, so she can't blow any abilities), once they build it, they become useless. Banshee's also provides so many good stats. Potentially, I would increase the cooldown to maybe 1 minute or something? Or possibly 1:30, and then every level reduce the cooldown by a bit. This way, a champion's ult (Fizz/Annie) would be off cooldown before Banshee's is off cooldown, so they can try again. This makes it so there is a time where the champion won't have a spellshield, making them back off, which gives more counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=WizardXZD,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=8g2H4vjy,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2017-04-07T01:13:30.329+0000) > > Banshee's changes looks honestly broken. > > For champions like Fizz or Annie who can't really get rid of the shield (Fizz's only ranged ability is his ult, otherwise he has to get too close, Annie needs to keep her stun up, so she can't blow any abilities), once they build it, they become useless. Banshee's also provides so many good stats. > > Potentially, I would increase the cooldown to maybe 1 minute or something? Or possibly 1:30, and then every level reduce the cooldown by a bit. This way, a champion's ult (Fizz/Annie) would be off cooldown before Banshee's is off cooldown, so they can try again. > > This makes it so there is a time where the champion won't have a spellshield, making them back off, which gives more counterplay. Annie can always sit on 3 stacks for her combo to still get the stun off. And Fizz doesn't even really need his Ultimate to kill. Those 2 champs are the ones i'm worried about abusing the item.
: Midseason Durability Feedback
While I understand and completely sympathize with the Swap of {{item:3001}} and {{item:3102}} in terms of thematics and purpose, i can't help but think this is a huge mistake and is goign to do nothing but create huge overcentralisation problems. Same with Guardian Angel. And I am sure you at Riot are aware of this as well as having complementary resistant and damage stats on items has always proved problematic in th past and Riot ha especially always shied away and even outright removed items for having both armor AND AD on them, but what i feel pushes these over the edge is _which items you made have these._ Having Abyssal be shifted to Banshee;s Stat line isn't TOO problematic on its own, tho It will prove monstrous on champs like {{champion:27}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} . What concerns me more Id giving Banshees Veil, Abyssal scepters stat line and making {{item:3026}} the Armor/AD item is going to be disastrous. I can't see a reason for an AP not to get the New Banshees Veil. It will be more problematic than {{item:3814}} was, especially on champs like {{champion:103}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:7}} ~~(tough maybe this item is your excuse to finally nerf Ahri? i digress.)~~ Champs like {{champion:99}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:115}} will become way too safe as well and the item will. New GA just makes AD assassins that much more in the dog house, as they can't go for the Midlaner with{{item:3157}} and now have to deal with a not only having a harder time killing ADCs from a pure stat department since that armor alone will invalidate their lethality, on top of a the revive, which is basically an (even if the assassin manages to kill them through their armor they are SoL regardless) but they also don't make the complete sacrifice of giving up a damage slot for the defense the item provided for the pure defensive nature of the item. ...Then again, you also have the issue of it being a rush for AD Assassins themselves, which makes the item redundant. You took the precaution to put "EXPERIMENTAL there on the tin of the can so I can only imagine how much you are aware of how dangerous this proposal is, but the last time you were open about how crazy an idea was, we got {{item:3152}} and that item still went through and is still obnoxious. - As for the rest of the defensive items, They all seem reasonable enough, though I am not a fan of {{item:3143}} losing its crit reduction.... Yasuo need not more buffs. - Care with the changes to {{item:3083}} making it that much more Popular on Soraka. It currently is only unpopular because of it requiring so much more HP for her to run it, making it slow her build path considerably. - Adaptive Helm seems like an item to finally address DoT and DPS magic damage, but I don't know how Okay I am with this since doing damage o tanks was their main appeal to begin with. Not gonna lie tho, I am gonna enjoy getting this for dealing with {{champion:17}} and {{champion:69}}, - I also don't see how {{item:1054}} shield wont be over centralizing i the top lane, as much as it needs the buff and how I agree that maybe this kind of buff is what it needs to fulfill it purpose of letting melees not cry when a ranged champ goes toplane. But considering buffing the thing has always been an issue before, i cant help but feel this buff is rather extreme. Who knows, maybe it has been long enough and I am misjudging. Ill be testing the waters soon on the PBE, but this is just my initial thoughts. Ill be back with more concrete opinions later as the testing on PBE continues. Thank you for your time and tootles!
: Xayah Dash
Giving her a dash would make her worse than Kalista.
: Xayah and Rakan Feedback Thread
Really liking both, especially Rakan. I am a support player whith a preference for Enchanters like {{champion:117}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:37}} and Rakan is quickly becoming of of my all time fave champs. If your goal was to make Support more popular by making a flashy traditional Support, you have outdone yourselves, Rito. Well done.
: I think blinds should be updated to "makes all targeted effects miss" rather than only basic attacks, create more use cases for it rather than just counter marksmen
> [{quoted}](name=Stacona,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=VNYYhGzL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-03-15T23:59:26.712+0000) > > I think blinds should be updated to "makes all targeted effects miss" rather than only basic attacks, create more use cases for it rather than just counter marksmen U mean make it more broken? It doesn't need the buff.
: Xayah Remove "Fighter" from her tag
Quinn is also a fighter Marksman. Argument invalid.
: My Galio Feedback/Rant -- What Isn't a Galio?
{{item:3174}} actually doesn't work with Galio's W on live. I remember it working on it once upon a time along with Windspeakers but it doesn't atm.
: mages shouldn't have strong autos unless their kit specifically has autos scaling with AP, i.e. Orianna's Clockwork; Galio is a tank-mage
> [{quoted}](name=Stacona,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=M1jK30fK,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-11T07:25:48.145+0000) > > mages shouldn't have strong autos unless their kit specifically has autos scaling with AP, i.e. Orianna's Clockwork; Galio is a tank-mage Melee APs all have some form of AP scaling auto attack thing in their kit because as a melee, auto attacking becomes inherent. {{champion:31}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:89}} i think the only one that doesn't is {{champion:27}} and it is something a lot of people critique bout his kit.
: No is Passive has a 100% AD ratio. Its really good to because its AOE.
> [{quoted}](name=LadyVash,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=M1jK30fK,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-08T02:30:26.105+0000) > > No is Passive has a 100% AD ratio. Its really good to because its AOE. so basically it does the same damage as a regular auto attack. ;o
: Quinn Speak [With Ideas]
>blinding it and causing it to miss targeted effects for 1.5 seconds while dealing No thanks.
: Singed W - add grounded effect?
How about instead people who dash while over ti get rooted?
: What if Aatrox's W was an active ability?
I don't like it. It kind of takes away from the identity of the champion. Choosing between more damage and more healing is kind of unique to him in that regard. Just my personal opinion as someone who doesn't even play the champ ofc.
: Every single support wants 45% CDR
> [{quoted}](name=Stacona,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=Hih8WGIO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-03-01T19:24:15.230+0000) > > Every single support wants 45% CDR Almost every single champ wants 45% CDR. if u want it, you gonna give other stuff up for it tho.
: Could you try the new Bond of Stone in the utility tree (as a 4th keystone)
Asking that this be moved to cunning misses one of the very points of the mastery system and that is to make choices and tradeoffs. Putting it in the Cunning tree would be too convenient for champions that COULD use it but it isn't necessarily geared towards.
: Because E autos. Autos cancel the ultimate. Didn't you read?
> [{quoted}](name=RuneKatashima,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=AZZhU1PU,comment-id=006b000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-26T04:12:32.160+0000) > > Because E autos. Autos cancel the ultimate. Didn't you read? No it doesn't It only did so if you has Auto Attacks turned on. Even if you didn't have it on and didnt auto, E still cancelled Ulti.
: It looks like LeBlanc is now the first non-damage dealing champion in League.
what they need to do is just nerf her chain already but its like they refuse to.
: the recharge is
> [{quoted}](name=Stacona,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=mNAOfsnQ,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-17T06:22:04.238+0000) > > the recharge is Thats not a passive either. You are trying to change the definition of terms to fit an agenda here.
: New Shyvana Passive
They basically just gave her her old "passive" but put it behind a Dragon Wall now, it's dumb. What was wrong with the old ones? Numbers? TUNE THEM!
: Give Kat Dagger the Poppy Passive
That completley removes their intended purpose of A) Being zoning tools B) Being used for pointblank AoE damage. Unless you wanna start making Katarina's Daggers start bouncing back to her like Poppy's shield, which I don't think you do, and even then I think it would still be a dumb change.
: Her W is far better with this change imo. the Range grows with every rank put into her Dragon form as well as it marks all targets hit with her E's Debuff without even using E. It's way more effective in teamfights than b4 this way. The new E just adds to that.
> [{quoted}](name=Raioku PBE,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=gTdl9q8k,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-14T03:12:49.120+0000) > it marks all targets hit with her E's Debuff You sure about that last bit? Pretty sure it doesn't do that.
Show more

ChaddyFantome

Level 30 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion