Rioter Comments
: OLD Irelia ya. New Irelia does not have poor range.
> [{quoted}](name=LadyVash,realm=PBE,application-id=AYQh7p7O,discussion-id=8OojPslo,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-24T19:53:32.880+0000) > > OLD Irelia ya. New Irelia does not have poor range. Are you high? Old Irelia's ultimate had more range than anything in new reworked Irelia's kit. Her Q is basically the same as previously, her W gained some range, but requires you to stand still, and her E deals little damage to waves (yes it's ranged, but not good at clearing waves). When it comes to WAVE CLEARING, the topic here, Irelia does not have good enough range to clear waves safely in the face of several enemies.
: I kind of agree with OP here. Irelia's E is an ability, not a physical object. I'd compare it much more to something like Zoe's Q and I don't think it gives vision. I mean technically Irelia's blades are physical objects, but her E acts much more like an ability.
> [{quoted}](name=Voracious,realm=PBE,application-id=AYQh7p7O,discussion-id=dY7jQ2u1,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-24T22:50:08.928+0000) > > I kind of agree with OP here. Irelia's E is an ability, not a physical object. I'd compare it much more to something like Zoe's Q and I don't think it gives vision. I mean technically Irelia's blades are physical objects, but her E acts much more like an ability. Yea u are right that it seems to function more like an ability, however the blade definitely is an object like Jarvan's standard.. that's not really a question. It just doesn't give vision when placed, which is the part that doesn't make any sense.
: She has so many ap ratios now, and is really bursty. I feel like she could be played in the midlane as an assassin more than a bruiser.
> [{quoted}](name=ecotone,realm=PBE,application-id=AYQh7p7O,discussion-id=ssmOI8pY,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-24T03:19:01.506+0000) > > She has so many ap ratios now, and is really bursty. I feel like she could be played in the midlane as an assassin more than a bruiser. I started thinking the same thing and it made me sad. She's legit not even Irelia anymore. She's a mage with mediocre range, a nice stun and damage reduction. Unless you build her like Master Yi, she's completely useless as an AD champion.
: Irelia's Waveclear
You are correct, she has good wave clear. However her wave clear comes at a hefty price. Irelia has very poor range, meaning she cannot wave clear when behind or under siege of multiple enemies. Irelia's Q requires her to melee into enemies, her E doesn't deal a lot of damage, and her W prevents her from moving (meaning she's going to die or eat a ton of damage as soon as she fires it at the minion wave). Do me a favor, make a custom game.. add 5 Intermediate Bots and try to beat them all by yourself with Irelia. Then come back and tell me about how "amazing" her wave clear is. Irelia can't clear a wave without practically dying because her range is terrible. Those are just bots, who aren't even good at League. Real players will punish her lack of range even harder.
: Why Does Irelia Feel So Weak?
If Riot thinks she wasn't good in competitive play previously, they aren't doing her any justice now. She's never going to get picked without some massive buffs that make her too strong. I have no idea what they are thinking sometimes. Her ultimate needs to be a circle like Talons that follows the enemy it hits. Her scaling types and ratios should just be trashed completely. I don't understand why Irelia is being forced to go AP but even the notion of it is horrible. QWE (the idea behind R, but the shape ruins it) ability design --> GREAT. Everything else about her, complete dog poo. The kit is flashy and cool but the implementation of it is not good at all.
: Can Swain E get the same thing as Irelia's E? Vision on the target
Irelia's E is a blade, similar to Jarvan's standard, which is also his E. Swain's root, is an ability and not a physical object being thrown on the map. I'm not going to say there aren't any abilities that give vision, but most do not. For example, Ashes W does not give vision even if she hits an enemy, neither does Ahri's charm, Bard's Q (even if he stuns), or a ton of other abilities in which a physical object is not present on the map. To compare, things like: * Maokai's sapplings * Teemo's mushrooms * Jarvan's Standard * Heimerdinger's turrets * Shaco's boxes All grant vision because they are physical objects on the map. Unless Riot sees a reason a specific ability should grant vision (you might make a case about Swain's E) then it won't. There is really no comparison between Swain's ability and Irelia's blade from her E however. It's a bit strange that you have to land the ability to gain vision (as Irelia) but maybe they thought it would be too strong otherwise.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I understand your main point, however I disagree with "**the whole point is to screw around and find bugs.**", Rioters themselves have said (in another post) that they encourage to play serious / competitive, A.KA not screwing around, or something like that (I can't find the post)
> [{quoted}](name=Xelpi,realm=PBE,application-id=AYQh7p7O,discussion-id=2QqLBJzm,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-08T05:02:23.137+0000) > > I understand your main point, however I disagree with "**the whole point is to screw around and find bugs.**", Rioters themselves have said (in another post) that they encourage to play serious / competitive, A.KA not screwing around, or something like that (I can't find the post) I'm pretty sure they've never said that. If they did, it was in the context of more.. not intentionally feeding / doing things that are not viable (playing AP on a champion with 0 AP ratios, for example). I seriously doubt Riot is ever going to discourage anyone from trying to find new and interesting play styles for champions.
: Disconnected at game start
If you have this problem and can verify your internet is working 100%, DON'T try to reconnect. Click "Cancel" and wait in the Client until the "Reconnect" button goes away and your client goes back to normal. Don't relog either because when you log back in it will take you back and try to reconnect into the game automatically. The server didn't make your game, if no one is trying to reconnect eventually it'll time out and everything will go back to normal in your client... If you keep attempting to reconnect it will take longer for you to get into your next game.
: I agree , many people that feed too , like...ok we are on pbe we test stuff , find bugs but that dosent mean we have to go 2-20-4.Then when you try to be also polite and tell them not to intentional feed that much they give you the perfect respons : '' Its PBE dude, nobody cares , neither RIOT ''. {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Destinati0n,realm=PBE,application-id=cMKtzQHY,discussion-id=rAf4tIOV,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-11-06T14:45:03.267+0000) > > I agree , many people that feed too , like...ok we are on pbe we test stuff , find bugs but that dosent mean we have to go 2-20-4.Then when you try to be also polite and tell them not to intentional feed that much they give you the perfect respons : '' Its PBE dude, nobody cares , neither RIOT ''. > > {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Well, feeding is a general result of trying new things because you don't always succeed the first time... There's a lot of players however, that are like Bronze tier or something and they can't help it. It's pretty cringe worthy to deal with a game where your entire team is getting dumpstered sure, but sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and keep your head up. Faker himself said in interviews multiple times, most ideas that become the meta usually are first found by Bronze players because they're the most willing ones to try new strategies. Players who are better at the game see interesting ideas from lower tiers and implement them more efficiently to create new ways of playing the game. If people are punished every time they fail, the game will never evolve because no one is going to want to get "in trouble" for doing something creative.
: You don't have to full channel to hop the wall, just a certain distance. Flash also has a mechanic with walls, that if you flash half-wayish through the wall, you continue through, so the amount of time you have to channel to flash small walls is minimal.
Okay, you are partially correct about the reduced channel however not completely. There is a 2 second minimum channel time before you can use the ability at the lowest distance. The lowest distance can clear just about every single wall except the giant river walls, which require the entire 4 second channel. So yes, assuming you haven't entered combat (goes on 10 second cd out of combat), it is possible to use this to avoid warded areas and bad situations... The big problem is though, that's literally its ONLY USE. There's nothing else this can be useful for, as 1 auto attack from an enemy means you can't use it anymore.. It has the long channel 2-4 seconds, you can't channel anything while you are channeling it, and the distance it covers doesn't allow you to engage anywhere with it. So overall, even though your thought was a good one, it still doesn't alter my opinion much about this Rune being in a rough spot.
: The point is you can hop the wall in a race where you will be caught if you don't. If you're attempting to use it with them on you already, that's too late. If they are cutting you off bot lane with a 3 man gank and you're by yourself, but you see this with vision, you can hexflash the pink warded dragon pit before they surround and collapse on you, without knowing how you possibly escaped.
The channel is literally so long, they'll still more than likely hit you with an auto attack before you can escape. The channel on that thing is like 4 seconds... you can walk from the Jungle entrance and land an auto attack or ability long before the other person has finished channeling if you are ranged. They would pretty much have to not check the pit or not have any wards at all for you to successfully escape. Both of the other options are like 100 times more useful than a "chance" at being able to pop over a wall when your flash is down.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: general try hard
Meowz you have to consider the fact that the only method of build testing that is considered viable is one that works against what people already know to be successful. PBE is full of players of various skill levels, knowledge, and experience and that cannot be helped. I would never recommend testing builds vs bots as you will never actually know if it can work against another player. If you tend to find that games are difficult, perhaps the builds you are testing are just not very good against what is considered "current meta" and that's perfectly OK. You will never be able to prevent another player from doing what is known to be successful just to make your own build work. Sometimes you just need to come to terms with the fact that not every build is the best and not every build will work. Just keep trying your best to remain open minded and not afraid to try new things. If you convince yourself that your build was supposed to work every time, you close yourself off to simple things that might help you improve (different runes, different Jungle camp route, champions, items, etc).
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

Best Ekko NA

Level 35 (PBE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion