New Domination Changes: Impressions/Feedback

Zombie Ward "Each takedown of an enemy Ward will cause a friendly Zombie Ward to sprout from its corpse. In addition, damaging an enemy Champion after destroying a Ward takedown inflicts 30 - 90 bonus magic damage (based on level). Zombie Wards are visible, last for 120s and don't count towards your ward limit." ____________ This makes no sense to me at all. It seems really random and not at all intuitive. Why would taking a mastery called "Zombie Ward" cause YOU to do extra damage after killing a ward? A better route would be to make it so that enemies who kill a "ZOMBIE" ward take some damage for doing so. That actually seems to fit the mastery name a lot more since you're killing an infected unit. The downside is of course that it's less interactive. Perhaps I can be convinced if there are animations or some explanations to make it appear at least a little logical that wards would make me temporarily stronger. Although, maybe if I get buffed by killing a ward, it should be called "Ward Vampire" or something else. Ghost Poro "Entering brush will swap your current Trinket for a Ghost Poro. The Ghost Poro can be placed at your feet and will provide vision for 300s, or until you place a new one. Whilst either you or your Ghost Poro is in enemy territory, gain 5-20 adaptive stats, based on level. If an enemy enters brush with a poro in it, they scare it away, putting Ghost Poro on a 60s cooldown." __________ It's a bit strange to have a vision mastery give adaptive stats for entering enemy territory. I guess part of the logic is to make it more appealing to damage champions and not just must take on supports. I get that but it still has to make sense somehow. Unlike most people, I don't think these sorts of masteries are out of place in the Domination tree. Inspiration is more about utility but the types of champions who want to take Domination are generally opportunistic and require good setup. It's a cat and mouse game so knowing the territory better is paramount to a successful kill. It doesn't seem particularly intuitive either (how would players even know you have it?) but at least it sharpens gameplay to make this good for people who want to invade and control the enemy jg. I can't shake the feeling that it's artificial though. Why would you just gain bonus stats for this? Maybe I'd understand it if you're in the bush with your Ghost Poro but why just being in the enemy jungle itself? Seems strange and odd to play against. It makes more sense than Zombie Ward though. Perhaps if enemies can see a Ghost Poro around you at all times, the adaptive stats can make more sense. it can be considered a morale booster or lucky charm. Ravenous Hunter, Ultimate Hunter, Ingenious Hunter, Relentless Hunter "Bounty Hunter stacks now grant 80 bonus gold" ___________________ This will make Domination secondary especially strong. Domination primary will also be more attractive. I like the reasoning and concept behind it. I think the number is just a bit high though. I'd probably lower it to 50 and possibly give a 150g reward if you get full stacks. This is just my impression so perhaps the 80g number is fine but it just feels like a lot. Anyway, the gold value is at least an easy balance lever to act on. One thing about this is that most champions who take Domination want to snowball and this helps them do it but it will lead to more selfish play for sure. For example, instead of Kha or Shaco giving the ADC a kill on a gank, they'll probably just take it. I don't mind this but it's something to consider. Right now it's pretty much always optimal to give it to the ADC and it would be nice if the decision was closer but not totally one sided either.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel