Diana Q code changes coming to PBE

Hello! In this cycle’s PBE builds, Diana will have a few code changes to her Q spell, Crescent Strike. The goal of these changes is to make Crescent Strike less buggy and inconsistent rather than to adjust her balance, though in one case we're exploring a potential buff to offset some power Diana is losing to the fixes. Here are the juicy details: 1. Consistent targeting The spell will follow cursor targeting much better, and will consistently have the same path if you cast it from the same location at the same target. I have not had the chance to make a new custom spell indicator, so in the meantime it will use a very much work in progress one, but expect a new one soon! 2. Consistent Q-R Resets Alongside these changes, I’ve ensured that the Q>R resets will always work when Q is still in the air while R hits the target (when both are cast at max range). 3. R-Q Resets Removed With these changes we also made the decision to remove the interaction where casting R>Q at max range awarded a reset when both skills were cast at max range in low-latency situations. While that combo was impressive looking and satisfying, the latency conditions for it are outside most players' control and stripped away the opponent's ability to respond to an all-in. 4. R buff What we would like to test in place of the R-Q reset is an auto-attack reset on Lunar Rush to enable her to finish off her auto attack pattern after dashing in. While it might get a few games to get used to the new Q, my hope is that over time its improved reliability will make it feel better to use. Whether you’ve played hundred of Diana games or none, I would absolutely love to get your feedback and thoughts on these changes!
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel