Recommended Rakan Adjustments

Hello! Your local Rakan lover here to talk about the current changes on PBE, what I like about them, what I dislike, and how I would change rakan if I were on the balance team. --------------------------- First off, let's talk about patch V9.2 when Rakan was first adjusted, and talk about what changes were made > 1. Base armor reduced to 29 from 33. I had no problem with this, and in fact saw it as a good nerf. Reducing his armor encourages safe play in the early laning phase, which is how he should be played in lane with most ADCs anyway > The Quickness - Fixed a bug that caused it to sometimes not affect his basic attack target. Again, a good change. Should be noted that (I think) a previous bug where people that were clearly in the ult range indicator were not getting charmed, but I think that this bugfix follows under the one listed above. > Grand Entrance - 1. Dash speed changed to 1400 (+ 0 / 45 / 80 (based on type of boots)) from 2050 (+ 30% movement speed). 2. Delay on arrival before impact reduced to 0.35 seconds from 0.5. I had mixed feelings about this adjustment. I'm not sure if it was to compensate for the fact that his ult range was technically now increased, or if it was to nerf his long range engages while buffing his short range engages. Either way, I don't think this was the right way to approach the situation since Rakan is a champion designed to engage from long distances, get in to do his thing, and get out. --------------------------- With that being said, let's look into the current rakan adjustment: > Grand Entrance - 1. Damage increased from (70/115/160/205/250 (+70% AP)] to [70/120/170/220/270 (+70%AP)] 2. Speed changed from [1400/1445/1480 (with no Boots/Boots of Speed/Upgraded Boots)] to 1500 I've played a few rakan games with these changes, and from that combined with looking at the change itself, I'm guessing this is to make hiw W stronger in general, especially since his base W is now 100 units faster in lane (which is so fantastic I must say). However, a big thing to note is that his W no longer adjust as the game progresses like it previously did, so in my opinion this is giving strength to his laning phase while making him not as capable in the later game. Also, this W change isn't that phenomenal, most people looking at it as a sort of 'placebo buff'. --------------------------- Finally, I would like to talk about my proposed change: This is a mix with the current live version as well as a previously tested version on PBE. With that being said, I would propose the following change: > Grand Entrance - 1. Damage increased from (70/115/160/205/250 (+70% AP)] to [70/120/170/220/270 (+70%AP)] 2. Speed changed from [1400/1445/1480 (with no Boots/Boots of Speed/Upgraded Boots)] to 1500 +(0 / 35 / 70 (based on type of boots) + Movespeed gained from Boots) 3. Delay on arrival before impact increased to 0.45 seconds from 0.35. Let me explain what that would do: * Early laning rakan would start off with the current pbe version of 1500 speed on his grand entrance. * Rakan buying brown boots would gain 35 from the base amount given and 25 from the movement speed given from brown boots, giving him 1560 speed on his W * Assuming Rakan purchases Mobility Boots, an out of combat W travel time of 1500 + 108 movement speed given from boots+70 from base amount given, giving us 1678 travel speed. If he were in combat, his W speed would remain at 1560 * With his Delay on arrival before impact being increased, short range playmaking will receive a slight nerf Basically this nerfs his short range engage and buffs his long range engage, also increasing his engage potency as the game progressing. I might be looking at this in a bias way since I'm a Rakan main (aka hashinshin patch not style), so I would appreciate what others thought of this idea (Maybe rioters too? Pretty please?). Anway TL;DR: Make Rakan's engage speed faster and becoming better as the game progresses, but also nerf his short range engage to compensate. AKA Make {{champion:497}} Great (at engaging teamfights) Again!{{sticker:poppy-wink}}

Seems like no one has joined the conversation yet, be the first to comment below!

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel