Nidalee has some gameplay changes headed her way, largely in the form of a modified passive and its interactions throughout her kit. These changes help reinforce a pattern of interaction between Nidalee and opponents, but since the changes are quite dramatic, they required changes to numbers and timings throughout her kit. I’ll be popping in and out of this thread while she’s on PBE to collect everyone’s feedback on her, so please feel free to leave it in the comments and I’ll try to get back to you.
While all feedback is welcome at this point, the stuff that would be particularly useful is:
- Are Pounce and Swipe behaving the way you’d expect?
- Are you having difficulty using her Hunt Pounce effectively?
- How has your laning pattern changed compared to Live (both as and against Nidalee)?
- How do you feel in roaming cases using your modified brush passive?
- Did you notice any bugs on her?
- What items are you guys building on her to be successful?
- How was your experience building mainly Ability Power items?
- How was your experience building more bruiser items?
- Generally, where do you feel she is too strong/weak?
Thanks in advance for all your guys’ thoughts,
With that said, if you're interested in the full changelist, here it is below:
* Basic attack hit timing adjusted to better match visual
* Death Recap now properly differentiates between Javelin Toss and Takedown, and Bushwhack and Pounce
* (R) Aspect of the Cougar now has 4 ranks and is automatically trained at level 1
* UI elements added to support modified passive
* Movement Speed in brush reduced to 10% from 15%
* Movement Speed in brush is now increased to 30% while moving toward visible enemy champions within 5500 range
* Damaging champions with Javelin Toss and Bushwhack causes her to Hunt these targets for 4 seconds, granting Prowl’s increased Movement Speed toward them and enhancing her next Takedown, Pounce, and Swipe against them
* Nidalee ignores unit collision while Prowl and Hunt are active
* Nidalee gains vision of Hunted targets for the duration
**(Q) Javelin Toss**
* Minimum base damage reduced to 50/75/100/125/150 from 55/95/140/185/230
* Maximum base damage reduced to 150/225/300/375/450 from 137/237/350/462/575
* Minimum Ability Power ratio reduced to 40% from 65%
* Maximum Ability Power ratio reduced to 120% from 162.5%
* Now deals maximum damage at 1300 range rather than 1500
* Missile height adjusted at (slightly closer to ground as missile travels)
* Missile particle adjusted slightly
* Missile width reduced to 30 from 60
* Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions hit
* Deals 33% increased damage to Hunted targets
* Minimum base damage reduced to 4/20/50/90 from x/40/70/100
* Maximum non Hunt base damage reduced to 10/50/125/225 from x/120/210/300
* Maximum Hunt base damage introduced at 13/67/167/300
* Maximum non Hunt Total Attack Damage ratio reduced to 250% from 300%
* Maximum Hunt Total Attack Damage ratio introduced at 333%
* Minimum non Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 24%
* Maximum non Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 60%
* Maximum Hunt Ability Power ratio introduced at 80%
* Now deals entirely magic damage instead of entirely physical damage
* Nidalee gains 75 Attack Range while Takedown is active
* Ground duration reduced to 2 minutes from 4
* Debuff duration reduced to 4 seconds from 8
* Now only affects 1 enemy per trap
* Flat base damage reduced to 20/40/60/80/100 from 80/125/170/215/260
* Flat damage Ability Power ratio removed (was 40%)
* No longer shreds enemy Armor and Magic Resist
* Now additionally deals 12/14/16/18/20% (capped against neutrals) of the target’s current Health over its duration
* Now additionally deals 1% of the target’s current Health per 50 Ability power over its duration
* Cooldown reduced to 17/15/13/11/9 from 18 at all ranks
* Mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 60/75/90/105/120
* Team color indicators added to better indicate trigger radius
* Persistent pulsing particle adjusted for better visibility
* Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions hit
* Now moves toward the player’s cursor rather than Nidalee’s current facing
* Base damage reduced to 50/100/150/200 from x/125/175/225
* Ability Power ratio reduced to 30% from 40%
* Cooldown increased to 5 seconds from 3.5
* Can now be used to jump to Hunted targets at up to 700 range by hovering the cursor over the Hunted target
* Killing a unit while in Cougar form reduces Pounce’s current cooldown to 1 second if it is currently higher
**(E) Primal Surge**
* Base healing adjusted to 45/85/125/165/205 from 50/85/120/155/190
* Ability Power ratio reduced to 50% from 70%
* Cooldown increased to 12 seconds from 10
* Now targets toward the player’s cursor rather than Nidalee’s current facing
* Base damage reduced to 70/130/190/250 from x/150/225/300
* Ability Power ratio reduced to 45% from 60%
* Swiping a Hunted target reduces Pounce’s current cooldown to 1 second if it is currently higher
* Cooldown reduced to 5 seconds from 6
**(R) Aspect of the Cougar**
* No longer grants 20 Movement Speed while in Cougar form
* Cooldown adjusted to 3 seconds from 4
**Changes following 6/9 for 6/10 PBE build:**
* Armor / Magic Resist no longer granted when using Hunted Pounce
* Reducing Pounce's cooldown via minion kill or Swipe on a Hunted target reduces Pounce's cooldown to 1 second, down from 1.5
* Minor visual adjustments to Javelin Toss particle so that it no longer visually extends so far beyond its actual hit range
* Javelin Toss Mana cost reduced to Live values (50/60/70/80/90)
* Base Armor reverted to Live values (15)
* Javelin Toss cooldown increased to 6 seconds from 5
* Added better visual/audio feedback for when Hunted Pounce is available on a target
Though I'm sure it will make some people sad, today we decided to move away from Armor and MR in any form while in Cougar and just reduced the Pounce reset timer from 1.5 to 1.0. We decided to go this route because we think that with a low enough value, the in-out provided by this mechanic can serve as a better form of agile mitigation by means of repositioning away from danger. I understand that this will give more mileage some times than others, but it should ultimately fit the feel of the character better, and if worse comes to worse, we can still consider base defenses adjustments. There's been a lot of discussion about Javelin Toss width, namely how hard it is to hit the skill now. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the gameplay I'm seeing around the Javelin Width, and I think we're going to stick with this width/speed combination for release, but the missile speed is something we're going to be using as a major tuning point following her release if it just honestly feels like they're too hard to hit late game. Lastly, it's not exactly a numbers buff, but I did some work on improving the audio and visual cues for when Hunted Pounce is available on a target, so there should be fewer instances of thinking you can make the jump when you actually can't.
I apologize for not being able to respond to individual posts the last few days. It's been a bit hectic monitoring all these PBE games while getting her ready for release in various ways. That said, I've still been reading everyone's posts every few hours just to keep in touch with what's being talked about here. Please continue to let me know what you think.