@Riot, could we rename the Titanic Hydra?

I'm going to be completely honest. I'm excited for this new item, and I've been _waaay_ too impatient about sharing this idea of mine. I've reposted it multiple times in the new item thread, but I can't settle for that alone. This idea excites me way too much; it's so simple yet I think it could **rock**. So if you've seen those posts of mine and find my persistence/repetitiveness annoying, I'm sorry. BUT I can't let the idea go to rest. I'll keep beating this horse. Onto the proposal itself. I was inspired by a fellow poster, who said: > [{quoted}](name=tehdef,realm=PBE,application-id=2EAF660193FA3B668D7234B3AEBB530C5AB7F651,discussion-id=rFbd7hyy,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2015-08-04T23:29:39.789+0000) > > Can we not have items with similar names in the game, please? > > Nobody has ever said "Buy Ravenous." They always say "buy Hydra." Okay, now which Hydra? They are both Melee only. They both do PBAoE damage cleave. I would prefer a different name, please. Readability even in it's most basic form should be something that you guys strive for. Having 2 Hydra's is confusing. Just call it like 'Juggernauts Wake' or something. > > Edit: Realized that casters talk about items too. this can create problems in the e-sports community for casters having to talk about "Hydra's" as well. We should change the name of the item. Riot, you could keep the item dragon-related (Tiamat is a dragon of Babylonian legend, Hydra is Greek), you could call **The Ladon** or **Monstrous Landon** if you want to keep Ravenous Hydra's naming convention. Why the Ladon? The [Ladon](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladon_(mythology)) was a multiheaded dragon of Greek mythology, a sibling of the Hydra itself, but it had a hundred heads and guarded the garden of golden apples. Fits the description of "titanic hydra", would't you say?
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel