The wrong direction of Zac buffs and what needs to be prioritized by Challenger Zac player

I'm Challenger Zac player "Scooter Sparkle" on NA server, and it's come to my attention that the latest PBE update yields a Zac buff. -Elastic Slingshot (E) range increased to 1200/1350/1500/1650/1800 from 1150/1250/1350/1450/1550. Let me start off by saying this: Elastic Slingshot does need a buff. Is this the correct way to buff it? Absolutely not. This does nothing more than accentuate a preexisting fundamental problem with this champion. The entirety of Zac's kit relies on a single spell to function on any level: Elastic Slingshot. Zac is currently suffering drastically, especially at high elo, because he has no clear strong suits other than his (relatively unimpactful) level 6 ganks. He suffers abysmally hard because Elastic Slingshot is ridiculously fallible, and can easily be cancelled by any displacement, therefor invalidating him as a champion in a very large amount of situations, and putting him in any extremely vulnerable position in the majority of circumstances, such as engaging fights. Let's look at the available counterplay to Elastic Slingshot: 1) Dodge it or juke it entirely (in which he has no measures of damaging/ccing you even if he's close) 2) Cancel its channel 3) Use a gap closer to avoid being hit Let's say you manage to bypass all of the above, and are about to hit an enemy(s). A large quantity of champions (which are typically picked in every game) have very easily accessible knockups/displacement spells which totally invalidate Zac's only form of damage, placement, and hard cc, which already has a pretty good pool of available counterplay tied to it. Zac's only method of actually getting into the enemy team (keep in mind, he still has some of the lowest damage in the game, and this is his entire purpose) is to followup to an already active fight. What kind of engaging-tank champion is this? On top of all of this, Zac's winrate is atrocious at all ranks, especially for a tank. In my humble opinion, he is realistically the worst champion in League of Legends currently. A large step toward in ultimately fixing this guy is to implement these three changes, while possibly reverting the current PBE change: 1) Zac is unable to be knocked up, displaced, or be affected by any effect that would otherwise cancel Elastic Slingshot while mid-air 2) Unstable Matter: 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 (+ 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% of enemy health) changed to 50/65/80/95/115 (+ 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9% of enemy health) 3) Let's Bounce! new passive: Now grants 10/15/20% cooldown reduction --- --- --- The incentive behind the second change is the fact that monsters got tankier, and Zac has hardly been adjusted. The Unstable Matter blob-reset mechanic change awhile back was a good idea, but is not enough for Zac to clear at a reasonable speed, with or without Cinderhulk. Aside from that, Zac's damage as a whole is astoundingly low, especially if you don't land Elastic Slingshot (in which case you have virtually none), and I feel needs some tuning. The incentive behind the third suggested change is simple: Zac has little to no cooldown reduction options. Since the removal of Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Spirit of the Spectral Wraith, Enchantment: Juggernaut, and Enchantment: Magus, Zac has no other option other than Cinderhulk. This is one of Zac's gigantic problems currently, as cooldown reduction is a vital stat on him, and he would be unable to acquire it if not for {{item:3065}} /{{item:3190}} (which only grant 10%), due to not using {{item:3110}} or {{item:3071}} effectively. One more suggestion is allowing Zac to acquire his split globs by hitting them with Stretching Strike. This would give both the ability and his passive more use, and justify its cast time. I heavily urge Riot to test these suggestions on the PBE to judge whether these changes are too overbearing or not.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel