[feedback] Sejuani changes :)

I have only played about 30 total games with Sejuani so I would not call myself a "sejuani main" but I would say that i have a very good grasp of the champion. At my first glance i thought the changes were going to be an overall buff but after playing 3-4 games on PBE with the changes I have some mixed feelings about them. > Sejuani [Sourced] * Arctic Assault (Q) damage changed to 80/125/170/215/260 (+.4 AP) from 40/70/100/130/180 (+.4 AP)(+4/6/8/10/12% of Target's Max HP) * Flail of the Northern Winds (W) initial hit damage changed to 4/6/8/10/12% (+3% per 100 AP) of Target's Max HP from 40/60/80/100/120 (+.3 AP). * Flail of the Northern Winds (W) AoE damage changed to 40/70/100/130/160 (+.6 AP)(+4/6/8/10/12% total Health) from 80/120/160/200/240(+.6 AP)(+10% Bonus HP) * Permafrost (E) cooldown lowered to 10/9/8/7/6 from 11 * Permafrost (E) damage lowered to 60/90/120/150/180 (+.5 AP) from 60/110/160/210/260 (.5 AP) * Permafrost (E) slow duration reduced to 1.5 at all ranks from 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 **Arctic Assault:** The changes to arctic assault are a pretty nice buff to sejuani for a couple reasons. Sejuani has quite a bit of mana problems without blue buff. Arctic assault cost around 26% of her mana bar at lvl 1 and it stays at a pretty high % until she gets quite a few levels. Because the % damage is moved from arctic assault to flail, it actually helps sejuani with her mana problems in jungle specifically. Additionally it helps out a little with the damage lost from permafrost. I would say this is something that is definitely for the best. **Flail of the Northern Winds:** This ability simply became amazing. The flail does a TON of damage throughout the game. While it initially does a little less damage for the first clear the changes greatly outweigh her poor first clear. The ability scales with both ability power and health so you will do a ton of damage whether you are tanky or built AP (lichbane is the GOD item). The flail is an overwall buff to her jungling and dueling and I can't give more praise for the changes for this ability. It's the best change to sejuani that was made. **Permafrost:**There is a lot of good that comes from these changes, but I think that it still hurts sejuani. I will start off with what's really good about it. The cooldown reduction as you level the ability is a really important change to permafrost because it does deal a ton of damage and slows the enemy. Currently (on live) permafrost is the bulk of sejuani's damage and the more permafrost you can land the more damage you are doing. The changes to permafrost's cooldown easily overshadow the changes to the slow duration. I would take lower cooldowns on permafrost over the 1 second more of slow duration any day. Overall really good changes. The final change to permafrost are the ones that i don't really feel comfortable with. I am not going to say with all the changes to sejuani they weren't needed, but I think they hit too hard. From levels 2-5 permafrost loses 20 base damage each step totaling 80 base damage from the ability. Looking at it like that doesn't seem that bad, but the damage fall off from permafrost is actually huge. 80 base damage from permafrost is around 30% of the base damage taken away. In an extended fight the ability to use permafrost twice as much will make up for the damage eventually, but extended team fights don't really happen. Teamfights can end in 5-6 seconnds so it really hurts her output. Again, i think lowering the damage is something that should happen but I think it should only drop 10-15 damage per level instead of 20 **Gameplay:** Another reason that i don't like the changes to permafrost is because it pushes you into playing sej a certain way, tanky. I say this mostly in the assumption that you are jungling with her, but even mid lane sejuani is hurt. Sejuani's mana problems and the increase in price to chalice hurt mid-lane sejuani and the lower base damage on permafrost make it harder to all in someone. I don't really have too much experience laning with sejuani so i cannot really comment on more than that, but i do jungle her a lot Permafrost changes make you build tanky because if you want to build ap you need to be casting permafrost a lot. Casting permafrost a lot means using a ton of mana and the 1 permafrost on live does more damage than 1 permafrost with the changes (obviously). To do the same amount of damage you need to cast permafrost at least twice wasting twice the mana to do a little bit more damage. One of the reasons i play Sejuani is because i find her very fun to play because you have so much diversity in build order. If you need a tank you can max flail first and build those tanky items your team needs. If you want to build AP you mas permafrost and do TONS of damage to everyone. Finally, if you want to have a nice mix of damage and tankiness you max permafrost get {{item:3020}} {{item:3068}} {{item:3001}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3025}} or whatever you need based on the situation. That had nothing to do with why you have to build tanky though. You have to build tanky because you don't have enough mana to sustain permafrosting creeps and still have mana to gank because sej has huge mana problems. You take way too much damage in this jungle already as sejuani and the lack of tankiness really just doesn't allow you to build hybrid effectively. If you build hybrid you both still take too much damage from the jungle AND you don't do enough damage to champions. When building all ap in the jungle, you get torn apart by the new creeps until you get 2 items, and that just takes too long in the new jungle. The Flail of the northern winds does a ton of damage early and allows sejuani to do damage while building tanky, so you are naturaly pushed to play sejuani tanky or else it's way too hard to even get to mid game. I really just think that if permafrost wasn't hit so hard at base damage it would be much better. instead of losing a total of 80 base damage, i would suggest only nerfing 40 damage or 60 base damage. **prospered changes** * Make sejuani tankier in the jungle * lower the amount of base damage lost on permafrost's base damage * revert permafrost back to what it is on live.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel