It’s the Blood Moon time of year once more, and to celebrate its arrival we’re bringing you a brand new, assassin-tastic game mode!
As you’re no doubt expecting, details below ^^
**Hunt of the Blood Moon**
Hunt of the Blood Moon is our take on the classic Assassin Power Fantasy, compressed into a mode. Two teams of Assassins compete, sacrificing the opposition in an attempt to secure the Blood Moon’s blessing and briefly gain the power of a demon. The team most successful in gaining said favor wins!
**Map:** Summoner’s Rift
**Mode Type:** Blind Pick, with Champion Restrictions.
**Game Flow/ Mechanics:**
* First team to obtain 300 points wins.
* Earn points in 3 ways: Sacrificing Enemy Champions, Enemy Spirits, and Demon Heralds.
* Enemy Champions are… fairly straightforward ☺ Find them, make them “Less alive”, and secure favor for your team (5, specifically)
* Spirits of the Blood Moon will passively filter into both teams jungles. Hunt down the enemy team’s spirits and sacrifice them as well (3 pts)
* Demon Heralds will periodically spawn in both Baron and Dragon pit. …Sacrifice them as well, and secure a grand total of 30 points.
* If you are able to defeat 3 enemies without returning to base (see: “Wussing out”) or dying you’ll briefly gain the power of a demon, turning invisible and running very (very) fast for the duration.
* The demon brand will break when you deal damage (or after 45 seconds), instantly doing 20% of the first target’s maximum health in true damage.
Other Gameplay Notes:
* Minimap indicators in both teams’ jungles will light up to indicate the number of spirits in that half of the jungle.
* A maximum of 8 will spawn at a time, so hunt them down aggressively!
* Gold and Experience are flatlined, and Respawn Timers are reduced across the board.
* Lane minion spawns have been disabled, and turrets are invulnerable.
* At the start of the game, outer turrets are removed. 6 minutes in, the second row will collapse as well, giving you a bit more space to play around in.
* We’ve removed a… not insignificant… number of items from the shop (Basically, if it’s mostly defensive, you probably can’t buy it)
**Restricted Champion Pool:**
For the first time in a game mode, we’re going to be using a limited pool of champions. We’ll be restricting you to a pool of 20 Assassins and Aggressive Divers;
* Lee Sin
In celebration of the blood moon event, we’ll also be adding 10 of these champions to the Free to Play rotation for all players (Exact details coming later :) )
This is the first time we’re experimenting with a restricted champion pool, so please keep an eye out for anything that seems odd there☺. Let us know if you run into any bugs or visual shenanigans, and if you have any feedback/ concerns definitely let us know, as anything you catch will be massively appreciated. Beyond that, we hope you have fun, and best of luck on your hunting!
* Experience will constantly tick over your champion's head. You can disable it in Options -> Interface for now, to mitigate.
* Demon Herald does not have any Sound Effects.