[Kassadin] Dont like the Rework, my suggestions and criticism @Riot

**Introduction:** (a TL;DR is at the bottom.) Hi! My name is Zaddelz I am a Kassadin main (as far as it is possible - #90%thedream) and I want to talk about Kassadins Rework, what disturbs me and why I am kinda frustrated. But before we go into the actual discussion some context and why I am writing: * Kassadin is currently on a 100% pick/ban rate, making it really frustrating for people like me who love to play him * If he is picked he is an insane snowball machine from lvl 6 on, leaving no counterplay to the enemy, which is mostly the case due to the perfect synergy of his silence and his ultimate - Riftwalk. * The reason im writing this is fairly easy, Riot is making huge changes to my main champion, which is fine and required **BUT** I am really frustrated that we dont get notes or context on the changes - a discussion Thread would have helped a lot - heck, I dont even know who the person is which works on Kassadin, in this part of the story, Riot failed miserably. **Context:** His current PBE Rework solves the 2nd point via removing his silence, which is a good decision in my opinion it just made him *too immortal* and gives him a shield as a compensation, which is fine. However, the way they went working on his ultimate is wrong in my opinion. Riftwalk effectively got a charge spell (Like Akali R for example), where you can use it 3-4 times and then your done. (In this case due to its insane mana cost) ~ Riftwalk was always the most orignial part of Kassadin, and it makes him what he is. **Suggestion:** Based on the current PBE Values, I created my very own Kassadin rework and some numbers to work with - the aim of this is to transfer ( ***a lot*** ) of damage from his Q and E to his W and R, forcing him to go melee and take way bigger risks: **Passive:** Takes 15% reduced magic damage, ignores unit collision. **Q:** 80/75/70/65/60 Mana 9/8/7/6/5 sec Cooldown Deals 100/110/120/130/140 ( .5 AP ) magic damage and interrupts channels. grants a shield that absorbs 40/70/100/130/160 ( .3 AP ) magic damage for 1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 seconds. *#Context: While his manacost, cooldown and shield stany untouched, I reduced his base damage and ratio greatly (aswell on his E) to make the typical safe R --> Q + E combo less worth and more poke oriented then nuking down enemys in 2 combos* **W:** 0/0/0/0/0 Mana 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 sec Cooldown Passive: deals 10/20/30/40/50 + ( .1 AP) magic damage per hit Active: deals 90/110/140/170/200 ( .8 AP ) bonus magic damage and restores 6/7/8/9/10% of his missing Mana. Mana restore is ( tripled ) 18/21/24/27/30% against champions *#Context: The aim here was to make his W his main damage source and force him into melee, taking a way bigger risk and making it synergize more with his ultimate* **E:** 80/80/70/60/60 Mana 6/6/6/6/6 sec Cooldown On 6 charges, deals 90/100/110/120/130 ( .6 AP ) magic damage and slows enemies by 30/35/40/45/50% for 3 seconds *#Context: While his slow is left untoched (for now) I also reduced his base damage and scaling here too - not as radical as his Q though.* **R:** 100/100/100 Mana 5/4/3 sec Cooldown Riftwalks to a location and deals 100/130/160 ( .5 AP ) magic damage to surrounding enemy units, each subsequent Riftwalk within the next 10/10/10 seconds increases the mana cost ( 100/150/200 ), stacks up to **9** times. and deals an additional 50/75/100 ( 0.1 AP ) damage per stack, stacks up to **3** times." *#Context: Riftwalk got the biggest changes here, let me break it down: the main goal here was to give Kassadin back more space in terms of roaming ability while making it his new, 2nd source of damage beside his W, please pay attention that his bonus damage only stacks 3 times while his manacost stack further to a total of 9.* **Conclusion:** I hope i was able to give you a little aspect of my point of view and why I dislike the current Kassadin rework, and my criticism on Riot in this case, i really want to see this Kassadin problem solved finally as everyone else. If you read till this line, please leave a comment and/or feedback. :) **TL;DR:** Move more damage from Kassadins E and his Q ( especially ) to his W and R to force him melee while leaving him as the Void*walker*. ~ --- EDIT: Due to the current Feedback I decided to lower his mana cost and cooldown on his Q (and manacost on E slightly) to make up for the huge damage loss.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel