Pushing to the PBE sometime tonight or tomorrow. Going to throw up a really rough changelist of the subtle stuff. I'm going to take the time to call out more subtle things that are harder to notice and give much less detail about the really obvious stuff.
These are really rough patch notes and we are highly interested in heavily iterating on a lot of these. For example, I'd love to hear your suggestions for what cool Dragon bonuses could be - and I know we're still heavily iterating on the Jungle.
I'm going really light on context in this post because this isn't an official patch notes - I just wanted to get a good list of details out there so you guys have some inkling of what's going on when the stuff gets deployed to PBE.
As usual, if you have questions, feel free to ask but try to keep it in this thread if possible.
*Improving feel of regeneration in fountain*
1. Fountain Regeneration now heals for 25% of the amount healed on live but ticks 4 times as fast.
**Stat Growth Per Level**
*Champion base stats and stat growth per level adjusted to help reduce the impact of early level advantages*
1. Roughly, characters will start the game with an additional 68% of their per level statistic compared to live.
2. Each level, characters will gain from 72 to 128% of their per level statistic compared to live, totalling to 1700% of your per level statistic.
*With Stats Growth Per Level changes, early advantages are somewhat diminished - thus removing the unpopular gold rubberbanding mechanic from S4 to compensate for the new system of stats growth*
1. Kill gold is no longer reduced before 4 minutes.
2. Gold gained from Assists now scales from 25% to 50% over the first 210 seconds of the game.
*Shifting Death Timers to be longer based on level for a larger portion of the game to give a team on the backfoot an uptime advantage*
1. Death Timers now increase by 2% every **30** seconds starting at **35** minutes, rather than 2% every **60** seconds starting at **25** minutes.
*Towers have received some changes to change both tower feel and to simplify the calculus involved in determining your damage to a tower*
*Inner Towers have been given some anti-split push / anti-siege potential. Inhibitor Towers have been given more ramp-up to make it easier to defend against single targets*
1. Towers no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance over time, but they still gain Attack Damage.
2. Tower Armor and Magic Resistance have been normalized to 100.
3. Tower HP has been set to the following:
**Outer**: 2000 Health
**Inner**: 2000 Health
**Inhibitor**: ~~2500 Health~~ 2000 Health.
**Nexus**: 2000 Health
4. Inner Towers have a new mechanic - Shielding:
Inner Towers have a shield protecting them that regenerates after 60 seconds of not taking damage.
While the shield holds, nearby champions gain a moderate shield as well.
5. Inhibitor Towers have a new mechanic - Beam:
Inhibitor Towers attack their target continuously, up to 4 times a second.
Inhibitor Towers slowly ramp their damage from 100% to 260% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
Inhibitor Towers slowly ignore their targets armor from 40% to 100% over the course of 6.5 seconds.
Ramp is reset when Inhibitor Towers change targets.
6. Base Tower regeneration reduced to 5 hp/5 from 15 hp/5
**Edit / Update:** Reduced inhibitor tower durability to make that tower easier to push, especially early. Reduced early inhibitor tower damage.
*Simplifying Minion Math as well as removing the ability for resistance penetration to increase wave clear power*
1. Minions no longer gain Armor and Magic Resistance
2. Minions gain increased maximum Health at a rate roughly comparable to the old resistance bonuses such that their effect HP is the same.
*Wanted to give the defending team an advantage in their base and remove other rubberbanding mechanics*
1. While a character is in their own base, they receive a movement speed and minor resistance bonus.
*Removing this rubberbanding mechanic as the base buff seems to accomplish the same thing while not dragging the game out artificially*
1. Inhibitors respawn timers increased to 300 seconds from 240.
*Blue Buff, acquired ealy, can lead to some unbreakable siege scenarios. With two buffs, this siege power can extend to 100% uptime. Wanted to reduce the duration on the buff a bit rather than attack the power of it to shorten some extended sieging scenarios*
1. Blue Buff duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
*Blue buff is incredibly broad in application as it is used to dominate lane and contribute to clearing minions in wave clear, while red buff has some in-combat advantages - we wanted to give red buff some kind of role to play in a siege to give greater rewards to controlling the map before a siege*
1. Grants you 1% of your maximum Health every 5 seconds.
2. Duration reduced to 120 seconds from 150.
3. Slow reduced to 5-10% / 8-15% for ranged / melee characters from 5-15% / 8-24%
4. Burn damage rescaled to 5-56 damage per second from 10-44 damage
5. Burn damage now applies to Towers
~~**New Powerup: Still Waters**~~
~~*Adding a pickup to the lanes after 20 minutes to add some incentive to visit this area in the mid and late game, as well as provide some split pushing power*~~
~~1. In the top and bottom lanes, at the entrance to river, a powerup will spawn beginning at 20 minutes and every 3 minutes thereafter.~~
~~2. This buff confers:~~
~~+50 out of combat movement speed.~~
~~Standing Still for 0.5 seconds grants up to 25% increased vision range and the ability to look over walls.~~
**Edit:** Pulling this as we're working with a lot of 'micro-buffs' and this one is cluttering up feedback on the other micro-buffs.
*Replacing current Elixirs with Elixirs that serve more divergent strategic powers, especially in the late game*
1. Elixir of Fortitude and Brilliance have been removed.
2. You may only benefit from one elixir at a time.
3. Elixirs may only be bought when your champion is level 9 or above.
4. Elixir price increased to 400 gold.
5. New Elixirs added:
**Elixir of Ruin**: Grants Health, +% Tower Damage. Nearby minions gain +% Tower Damage and their movement speed is set to 90% of your own, up to 500.
**Elixir of Iron**: Grants Size, Tenacity and Slow resistance. You leave a trail that increases ally movement speed by 10%
**Elixir of Sorcery**: Grants AP, MP/5 and bonus true damage when damaging a champion or a tower.
**Elixir of Wrath**: Grants AD, 10% physical vamp and scoring a kill or assist will extend the duration of the flask by 30 seconds.
*Attempting to create a greater call to action for the team that has the Baron Nashor buff, rather than passively grind the opponent out*
1. Health and Regeneration removed (AD and AP boost remain the same)
2. Baron Buff additionally grants you **Empowered Recall**, reducing your recall time to 4 seconds.
This also massively heals you and grants you an 8 second movement speed buff once it finishes.
3. Baron Buff buffs nearby minions around you significantly, causing them to gain up to 90% your Movement Speed as well as specific bonuses on type:
**Melee Minions**: Gain 80% damage reduction from almost all damage types
**Ranged Minions**: Gain increased damage and a minor increase in range.
**Siege Minions**: Gain massive increases to range - such that they outrange towers. Their attacks are 50% slower but are AoE and deal 4x damage to towers.
**Super Minions**: Gains 75% Movement Speed when nearby enemies as well as 25% Attack Speed.
*Dragon bonuses adjusted to be more 'back-loaded' so that a team that opts for a fast pushing strategy versus a team that goes for neutral objective control will spike in power at different times in the game*
1. Slaying Dragon now grants you a stack of 'Dragonslayer' which grants different permanent bonuses depending on how many Dragons you've slain.
**Stack 1**: Increased Regeneration
**Stack 2**: Increased AD / AP
**Stack 3**: Increased Movement Speed
**Stack 4**: Increased Health
**Stack 5**: Triples all other bonuses
2. Dragon gives 50% reduced XP, compared to live.
3. Dragon no longer grants global gold.
4. Dragon deals 20% increased damage to units for every Dragon their team has slain.
5. Dragon takes 7% reduced damage from units for every Dragon their team has slain.
* Removing overlapping mechanics from Elixir of Ruin and Baron Buff - and most people didn't use Captain's for this purpose anyway*
1. Minion MS amplification removed.
**Armor and Magic Resistance**
*Resistances are inherently reactive buys - and the constraint of Negatron Cloak and Chain Vest makes the act of cleverly reacting to your opponent much much harder than it should be*
1. All Armor and Magic Resistance items can now be built out of a cloth armor / null magic mantle.
2. Recipes, gold costs, stats and build paths have been adjusted to compensate for the above change.
3. In effect, there is now no meaningful difference between 'Chain Vest/Negatron Cloak' items vs. 'Cloth Armor/Null Magic Mantle' items as they will all build from the same root.
**Health and Mana Regeneration**
*We're swapping from items granting flat HP/5 and MP/5 to increasing a % of your base regeneration + % level regeneration. This allows different characters to benefit from regeneration items differently - as well as allowing these items to more naturally scale as the game goes on.*
1. Items that grant Health and Mana regeneration now grant either % Base Health Regeneration or % Base Mana Regeneration
2. % Base Health / Mana Regeneration take into account your champion's Health and Mana regeneration and any Health and Mana regeneration they gain per level.
3. This does not take into account: skills, masteries, runes and other sources other than your champion statistic.
*Example*: Your champion has 7 mp/5 at level 1 and 18 mp/5 at level 18. You buy an item that grants +50% Base Mana Regeneration. At level 1, this item will provide an additional +3.5 mp/5 at level 1 and 9 mp/5 at level 18.
*Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Ruby Crystal*
1. Grants Health and Regeneration.
*Recipe: Catalyst + Crystalline Bracer*
1. Grants Health, Mana and Regeneration
2. Active: Grants +60% MS to you and nearby allies when moving towards enemies for 2 seconds. When this speed boost ends, it emits a shockwave, slowing nearby enemy champions by 80% for one second.
1. Health reduced to 800 from 1000.
2. Regeneration triples when out of combat.
3. Cost slightly reduced.
*Recipe: Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Rejuvenation Bead*
1. Grants bonus movement speed when near turrets or Zzrot Gates.
~~*Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Negatron Cloak*~~
1. ~~Spawns a gate at a location that summons monsters. These monsters proceed down the nearest lane and attack minions and damage towers.~~
**Edit: Not currently in this build. ~~Also no one spells like that.~~**
*Recipe: Raptor Cloak + Kindlegem*
1. Active now boosts the damage of nearby towers by 100% or prevents nearby enemy towers from attacking.
2. Stats adjusted to fit the recipe items (Health/Armor/Regen/CDR)
*Jungle is different now. For reasons!*
*Reasons that are outlined in the previous PBE post. Don't look at me like that.*
1. Jungle Difficulty and Rewards have been increased
2. Red and Blue buff timers moved to 2:30
**New Jungle Camp: Scuttle crab**
*This neutral objective is intended to add control to the river as a setup for Baron / Dragon or provide protection/enable river ganks in the early game*
1. Spawns in top and bottom river and patrols the river it is in.
2. Is not hostile - tries to run away from enemy champions.
3. Grants a speed shrine in the river that provides vision and out of combat movement speed to people who cross it.
*Trying to ensure that the Jungler always potentially benefits more from the Jungle than other roles.*
1. Smiting a large monster from one of the monster camps will now grant bonus XP and a monster specific bonus when you kill it.
2. Smite's cooldown is increased to 60 seconds.
**Brambleback (Elder Lizard)**
1. Restores a large amount of Health.
**Blue Guardian (Ancient Golem)**
1. Restore a large amount of Mana.
**Krugs (Ancient Golem)**
1. Grants Gift of Heavy Hands - adding Execute Damage to your attacks.
**Gromp (Large Wraith)**
1. Grants Gift of the Toadstool - grants Toadstool Armor, poisoning enemies that attack you.
**Raptors (Wraith Camp)**
1. Grants Gift of the Eagle Eye - grants you a buff that automatically grants you true sight for a short time the next time you are spotted by an enemy ward.
**Murkwolf (Wolf Camp)**
1. Grants Wolf Sentry - A ghostly wolf patrols that quardrant of the jungle for a moderate time. If an enemy champion enters that quadrant of the jungle, it'll run at them and alert you to his position.
Jungle itemization has been overhauled - all existing jungle items have been removed.
1. Hunter's Machete now grants 30 magic damage on hit over 2 seconds and grants 8 health and 2 Mana per second while fighting monsters.
2. Hunter's Machete can only be bought if you have Smite as a Summoner Spell.
*Hunter's Machete now upgrades into 4 items that amplify or change your Smite ability - depending on what overarching Jungle Strategy you want to do: Gank, Invade, Fast Clear, or Counterjungle*
1. After killing 3 monsters, you can smite ~~Teemo~~ enemy champions, dealing a small amount of true damage and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds.
1. Upgrade Smite to Quick Smite. Quick Smite has reduced cooldown - has further reduced cooldown when you kill large monsters and grants bonus gold if you use it on the monsters in the enemy jungle.
1. Upgrades Smite to Challenging Smite. Challenging Smite can be cast on an enemy champion - doing no true damage but revealing them for a long time and causing your attacks to deal bonus true damage each time you hit him.
1. Upgrades Smite to Desolating Smite - which causes Smite to deal 50% splash damage to other nearby monsters as well as stun them for 1.5 seconds.
*The 4 above items can be enchanted with 4 enchantments that offer bonus statistics so you can customize the item based on what kind of role you want your jungler to transition to*
* Grants AD and Life Steal
* Grants AP and CDR
* Grants Health, CDR and Movement Speed
* Grants AS, CDR and a stacking AS buff
**Updates (Next PBE Push, not now)**
1. Now additionally reduces damage from single target spells by 6.
2. Tooltip clarified to state that it grants bonus health regeneration.
1. Armor Recipes have been slightly adjusted to remove excess components from many recipes
2. On the whole, this makes Armor items slightly harder to build piece-wise to compensate for the new flexible of Cloth Armor.