I disagree with the direction of the Iceborn Gauntlet nerf. @Riot

If you've played in top lane recently, you've experienced the "Sunfist" build, where the enemy top builds Sunfire Cape and Iceborn Gauntlet, then stands on top of you and whittles you down while perma-slowing you. It's a highly cost-effective build that makes you extremely difficult to take down in the mid-game. This is definitely obnoxious and needs to be nerfed. Currently, the nerf is: * Unique Passive - Spellblade lowered to 100% of base AD from 125% However, I don't think nerfing the damage of the item's Sheen procs is a good idea. Why? There are already a lot of tank items that slow enemies in an AoE. Randuin's Omen, Righteous Glory, Dead Man's Plate. While the icy slowing field thematically matches Iceborn Gauntlet, it isn't item-defining. On the other hand, if you look for anti-physical items that improve your damage, you only really have Sunfire Cape and Iceborn Gauntlet. Of the two, Iceborn is definitely more specialized into dealing damage, given the CDR and the repeatable Sheen passive. In fact, it's the only tank item that gives CDR and a damage proc. Compared to its closest relative, Frozen Heart, it's much more specialized into damage but less into tankiness. This is telling as to what I'm looking for when I upgrade Glacial Shroud into Iceborn Gauntlet instead. I think this nerf is dulling Iceborn's identity as a damage-oriented alternative to Frozen Heart for tanks. I'd rather see a nerf to: * The armor upon finishing the item. 40 armor for 650 gold is an incredible deal. * The combine/total cost. * The slow field strength or duration. Part of what makes the Sunfist combo so strong is that sufficiently mobile champions can constantly stick to you once they're within autoattack range, to continuously apply their damage. * The damage type. Sunfist is impossible to itemize against because Iceborn procs deal physical damage. If they dealt magic damage, Iceborn might be easier to deal with. This might require the Sheen damage to be toned down anyway, but it would still be superior to the current nerf. Thank you for reading.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel