4.3 Itemization Update [Update - 2/19/2014]

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback you've given me over the past couple of days in this thread: [Previous 4.3 Items Thread](http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/Jp0TQALv-planned-43-itemization-changes-boots-duo-lane-gold-items-dshield-ruby-crystal) Wasn't able to act on **all** the feedback but I'd like to give you a heads up over what we changed and kind of the reason one way or the other. Going to go over some of the more pressing points that I heard about which a lot of you wanted to see action on: {{item:3158}} **Changes Reverted** So our original goal here with Lucidity boots was to finally clean up CDR as well as offer a really cheap boot option for Support players. As for actual usage rates, Lucidity Boots are picked up in one in four games by non AP users. Although many of you have correctly pointed out that the actual cause of the mess in CDR is masteries and how granular they are. This is fairly annoying as they should ideally be tailored towards Supports and Tanks and are mostly being picked up on AD Glass DPS that then become **even** squishier and more annoying when they do. But in any event, it's not the time or the place to fix that and certainly much too soon. {{item:3301}} {{item:3096}} {{item:3069}} Several of you have pointed it that it's incredibly silly that the Coin line has even more mana regeneration than the Spellthief line, a line intended for mages. We've bolstered the coin line to be more about recovery and regeneration and lowered the high-end mana regeneration of the item. It now gives equivalent mana regeneration to the Spellthief line at the highest tier. Talisman of Ascension: 15 MP/5 --> 10 MP/5 (-5) Favor now grants 10(+5) health when a nearby minion dies that you did not kill. (Roughly equal to 10 HP/5) We also reduce the amount of passive gold generation that the item gives you from 4 GP/10 to 3 GP/10 - simply to create a better risk to reward structure between all three items. Spellthief's is the riskiest item and has the most rewards. Targon's has some moderate risk and has moderate reward. Coin is now a safe option and has lower rewards than the other. On live, by contrast, Tier 2 Coin and Targon's are roughly equivalent gold generation while Spellthief's potential gold generation is higher but also manifestly unreachable in most practical circumstances. {{item:3303}} {{item:3098}} {{item:3092}} **AP** We put a little bit of AP back on the Tier 1 / Tier 2 versions of these items. I could see arguments for this being a good lever to buff the item in the future if it still needs it. Tier 1: 5 AP (+5), 2 (-1) MP/5, 5 (+1) Gold on hit. Tier 2: 10 AP (+10), 5 (-2) MP/5, 10 (+2) Gold on hit. {{item:3401}} **Active** We reduced the power of this on the AD front and added some AP scaling - The item now shields for 10% of your maximum Health and the damage is 100% of **their** Total Attack Damage and 30% of **their** Ability Power. ...assuming the changes make it in. I'm always slightly out of sync with the normal deploy times. {{item:1028}} **Other Items** There was a couple of items that didn't get their costs properly reduced. These were errors on my part. XD *Rylai's Crystal Sceptre* is still kind of glaring at me. {{item:1054}} We still want to hit the item pretty hard but many of you pointed out it seemed way too harsh, we raised the HP/5 to 6 - making the item's stats in and of themselves barely cost efficient. It's might still be too harsh but the dominance of all-in bot lanes is causing significant stagnation in the amount of picks. (Though, admittedly, spellthief's edge might allow the poke supports to poke back.) {{item:3117}}**Not Reverted** We still believe that for the long term health of the game, Boots of Mobility needs a real tradeoff from the other boot options. While several of you have brought up the fact that this causes some Junglers to fall out of favor and won't affect several others - there has been and will be a ton of shakeup in the jungle scene from changes in jungle items to jungle champions themselves that tuning for the environment now makes less sense than tuning for the best possible future. Note that this was **not** true for Lucidity's case. Lucidity's case was tuning for a best possible future - but since the present was relatively static and unchanging it would've just created more damage in the interim with random 5%'s and AD Casters being unsupported in CDR. **Note:** We're out of time tuning for this current patch as we plan to ship this soon - but we'll need feedback and follow-through on this. No doubt that something will need further tuning in 4.4

We're testing a new feature that gives the option to view discussion comments in chronological order. Some testers have pointed out situations in which they feel a linear view could be helpful, so we'd like see how you guys make use of it.

Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
cancel