*Please remember that things on the PBE are **tentative** and highly subject to change! Some assets are in a high state of flux, so you can expect even placeholder assets where we’re trying to get additional art in.*
[**If you’re interested in the core philosophies around our support changes, check out our complete rundown here!**]( http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1p7g2b/how_to_carry_my_carry_an_introduction_to_support/)
*We’ll be going over our individual changes with smaller contextual paragraphs, but these were written with our overarching approaches in mind.*
**Summary**: We want all roles and positions to have the opportunity to fulfill their endgame fantasies within each game. Currently Support champions as a role experience the lowest amount of growth in comparison to other roles, and we want to supplement their story. We’re also looking to create a stronger identity for utility-focused supports with additional utility scaling on their abilities (as opposed to simply adding more raw damage).
* Added a mastery that grants experience every 5 sec.
* Added the Life Insurance mastery to the Utility tree - grants bonus gold when enemy lane minions die.
* Added increased assist rewards (assist bonuses) when a player has a very large number of assists (see our Game Flow post for more information)
* Kage's Pick now grants gold on dealing damage to an enemy. (10 sec cooldown. Cooldown triggers on killing a minion.)
* Philosopher's Stone now transmutes minions into gold when they die, but you didn't kill them.
* Reaper's Emblem now shares the gold from your last hits with the nearest ally and heals them (30 sec cd)
* Kage's Pick, Philosopher's Stone and Reaper's Emblem build from 365 gold starter versions that are intended to be starting items for support lanes
**Mid-Game Support Items**
* The above items turn into midgame support items.
* Kage's Pick becomes Shard of True Ice, which grants 50 AP and now casts a frost nova on a ranged enemy.
* Philospher's Stone becomes Shurelia's Reverie, which no longer grants health and instead grants 20% CDR and additional mana regen.
* Reaper's Emblem becomes Martyr's Call, a high health item which allows you to sacrifice your health to shield allies and deal damage to opponents near the target.
*Summaries are more focused on high-level changes rather than each individual change.*
**Summary:** Soraka’s health and mana restoring abilities are more effective the more the targeted unit is missing health / mana. Astral Blessing’s armor granted now scales with ability power. Starcall’s magic resistance reduction scales with AP and each time Soraka hits at least one enemy champion with Starcall she reduces the cooldown of Astral Blessing by a base percentage. Infuse now partially donates a portion of Soraka’s maximum mana to the targeted ally and its damage also scales with her maximum mana (in addition to an ability power ratio). Wish now affects untargetable allies and with Soraka’s new passive is more effective on targets below 40% health but less effective on targets above 40% health.
**Context:** We wanted to provide a link between Soraka's primary offensive ability and her core niche identity as a defensive support. Additionally, we took this opportunity to introduce more gameplay into Soraka’s kit so that she will be rewarded more heavily for successful plays.
* Base health increased to 405 (was 375)
* Health per level increased to 76 (was 71)
* Base Armor increased to 9.4 (was 7.4)
**Passive - Consecration**
* New Passive: Salvation: Soraka's health and mana restoring abilities are 1% more effective for each 2% health or mana the target is missing.
**Q - Starcall**
* Magic Resistance reduction changed to 6 at all levels + 0.01 AP (was 8-12)
* Mana cost changed to 30-70 (was 20-80)
* If Starcall hits at least one enemy champion Astral Blessing's cooldown is reduced by 5%/6.25%/7.5%/8.75%/10%
**W - Astral Blessing**
* Healing reduced to 70-270 (from 70-350) + 0.35 (from +0.45)
* Armor granted now scales with AP (0.15 ratio)
* Armor duration reduced to 2s (was 3s)
* Base armor changed to 50-110 (was 25-105)
* Lowered mana cost to 80-160 (was 80-200)
**E - Infuse**
* Allied cast changed to give an ally 20/40/60/80/100 mana + donate 5% of Soraka's max mana (was 40-200 for no cost)
* Can no longer be cast on allies who do not use mana or are already at max mana
* Enemy cast changed to deal damage equal to 40/70/100/130/160 + 5% of Soraka's max mana + 0.4 AP (was 50-250 + 0.6 AP)
* Added a spell effect from Soraka to her target
**R - Wish**
* Healing reduced to 150-350 (from 200/320/440) + (0.55 (from +0.7))
* Now affects untargetable allies
**Summary:** Taric’s passive now gives him a buff that deals 40% of his armor as bonus magic damage after casting a spell – each empowered auto attack landed also reduces all of Taric’s cooldowns by 2 seconds. Imbue now scales with 5% of Taric’s bonus health, although the AP ratio has been lowered. Shatter now solely scales with Taric’s armor and not Ability Power. Dazzle has had its AP ratio reduced. Radiance has had its AP ratio lowered and cooldown increased.
**Context:** Our core goals with Taric were to make his passive a more interesting and involving ability while also opening up more build opportunities. Instead of giving Taric high AP ratios for huge burst, we want to push him to build more tanky with his new gold income to further cement his role as a tanky front-line support with strong burst / aura capabilities.*
**Passive - Gemcraft**
* Gives Taric a buff that deals 40% of his armor as bonus magic damage on the next auto attack after casting a spell
* Passive empowered auto attacks reduce the cooldown of all abilities by 2s
**Q - Imbue**
* Cooldown reduction on auto attacks removed (moved to passive)
* Base cooldown lowered to 18/17/16/15/14 from 20/19/18/17/16
* AP ratio lowered to 0.3 from 0.6
* Added scaling from 5% of bonus health
**W - Shatter**
* Base damages lowered to 40/80/120/160/200 from 50/90/130/170/210
* Armor Ratio increased to 40% from 20%
* AP ratio lowered to 0 from 0.6
* Shred now scales with 10% of Taric's Armor
**E - Dazzle**
* Cooldown increased to 18/17/16/15/14 from 14/13/12/11/10
* AP Ratio lowered to 0.2/0.4 from 0.4/0.8
**R - Radiance**
* AP Ratio lowered from 0.7 to 0.5
* Cooldown increased from 60 to 75 seconds
**Summary:** Eclipse’s bonus Armor and Magic Resistance now scales with ability power.
**Context:** Leona’s general utility and Ability Power ratios have transitioned well to the preseason changes, so we’re not changing much with her current kit.
**W - Eclipse**
* Changed base Armor / Magic Resistance from 30/40/50/60/70 to 25/35/45/55/65. Also scales with bonus armor / magic resistance, respectively.
**Summary:** Janna’s global passive has been converted to a localized area (equivalent to sight range). Howling Gale’s AP ratio has been significantly lowered but gains a scaling AP ratio per second it is charged. Zephyr’s self-haste and slow amount on the active cast now scale with AP although the base slow has been lowered. Eye of the Storm’s bonus AD given to allies now scales with AP. Monsoon remains unchanged.
**Context:** We’ve been saying for a while that we wanted to change all global passives that provide a lot of “hidden” power, like Twisted Fate’s old passive, and were finally able to tackle Janna’s Tailwind passive with her new utility scaling. The Howling Gale change looks like a significant nerf to Janna’s AP ratio, but the additional AP scaling per second means that Janna will need to fully charge her Howling Gale in order to do high damage at end game with her additional Ability Power.
**Passive – Tailwind**
* Converting to a localized area (1300 range; equivalent to sight range)
* Increased movement speed bonus to 5% from 3%
**Q - Howling Gale**
* Added a .1 AP per second that Howling Gale is charged before release
* Ability Power ratio lowered to .35 from .75
* Lowered charge damage to 14/20/25/30/35 from 25/30/40/50/60
**W – Zephyr**
* Added an AP ratio to both her passive self-haste and slow amount on the active. These values are .04 for the self-haste and .12 for the slow
* Lowered damage ratio to .5 from .6
* Lowered base slow to 24%/28%/32%/36%/40% from 24%/30%/36%/42%/48%
**E - Eye of the Storm**
* Added an AP ratio to the AD given to her allies. The ratio is +0.33 AP for the base AD (based off of the rank of her shield)
**Summary:** Nami’s passive now scales in higher movement speed with the more Ability Power she gets. Ebb and Flow’s heal / damage bounces now scale with Ability Power, meaning with enough Ability Power, Nami can heal / deal more damage per additional bounce rather than having it fall off. The slow on Tidecaller’s Blessing now scales with Ability Power.
**Passive - Surging Tides**
* Added a 0.1 AP to 1% movement speed ratio to her movement speed buff
**Q -Aqua Prison**
* Reduced AP ratio to .5 from .65
**W - Ebb and Flow**
* Removed % drop off from bounces. Goes from 15% to 0% at 200 AP and can go over 0, leading to increased effects off every bounce
**E - Tidecaller's Blessing**
* Increased the slow amount by a .05 AP ratio (100 AP is 5% additional slow)
**R - Tidal Wave**
* Reduced AP Ratio to .6 from .7
**Summary:** Power Chord now scales with Ability Power. Song of Celerity’s speed boost now scales with ability power.
**Passive - Power Chord**
* Power Chord reduced to 10/17/24/33/41/50/60/70/80/90/100/110/120/130/145/150/175/190 from (13/20/27/35/43/52/62/72/82/92/102/112/122/132/147/162/177/192)
* Added .2 AP scaling to Power Chord Damage
**Q - Hymn Of Valor**
* Ratio Reduced to .5 from .7
**W - Aria of Perseverance**
* Base heal amount reduced at later ranks to 40/55/70/85/100 from 40/60/80/100/120
**E - Song of Celerity**
* Activated speed boost reduced to (.04/.06/.08.10/.12) from (.08/.10/.12.14/.16)
* Added .02 Scaling to activated speed boost
* Added .02 Scaling to power chord slow
**R – Crescendo**
* Ratio reduced to .4 from .8
**Summary:** Pix, Faerie Companion now scales with Ability Power. Glitterlance’s slow now scales with Ability Power. Whimsy no longer boosts Ability Power but now scales its bonus movement speed with Ability Power.
**Passive - Pix, Faerie Companion**
* Base damage reduced to 9/18/27/36/45/54/63/72/81 from 9/21/33/45/57/69/81/93/105
* Added .15 AP scaling
**Q – Glitterlance**
* Added minimum speed on slow falloff: 1% per 7.5 AP.
**W – Whimsy**
* Removed AP boost
* Reduced base move speed increase from 35% to 30%
* Added AP ratio for movespeed, added a movespeed ratio of 1% per 10 AP.
**E - Help Pix!**
* Increased AP ratio for shield to .7 from .6
* Reduced AP ratio for damage to .5 from .6
**R - Wild Growth**
* Reduced base to 250/375/500 from 300/450/600